The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

95 views
TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2018 > 15.3 - Let's Play!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5312 comments Mod
15.3 - Let's Play!
Option 1: Read TWO books.
Book 1: Read a book with a title of at least 3 words where the initial letters of every word in the title can be found in the name of a toy inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame: Inducted Toys Subtitles may be ignored.
AND
Book 2: Read a book written by a single author whose every initial (including middle, if listed on GRs) can be found in the name of a DIFFERENT inducted toy. Spaces determine names.

OR

Option 2: Read ONE book that fits the criteria for both Book 1 and Book 2. Ex: Mayhem at the Orient Express by Kylie Logan -- initial letters of title (MATOE) can be found in The Game of Life; author's initials (KL) can be found in Alphabet Blocks.

Required: State which option and toy names used when you post.


message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5312 comments Mod
Alphabet Blocks
Atari 2600 Game System
Baby Doll
Ball
Barbie
Bicycle
Big Wheel
Blanket
Bubbles
Candy Land
Cardboard Box
Checkers
Chess
Clue
Crayola Crayons
Dollhouse
Dominoes
Duncan Yo-Yo
Dungeons & Dragons
Easy-Bake Oven
Erector Set
Etch A Sketch
Fisher-Price Little People
Frisbee
G.I. Joe
The Game of Life
Hot Wheels
Hula Hoop
Jack-in-the-Box
Jacks
Jigsaw Puzzle
Jump Rope
Kite
LEGO
Lincoln Logs
Lionel Trains
Little Green Army Men
Marbles
Monopoly
Mr. Potato Head
Nintendo Game Boy
Paper Airplane
Play-Doh
Playing Cards
Puppet
Radio Flyer Wagon
Raggedy Ann and Andy
Rocking Horse
Roller Skates
Rubber Duck
Rubik's Cube
Scrabble
Silly Putty
Skateboard
Slinky
Star Wars Action Figures
Stick
Super Soaker
Swing
Teddy Bear
Tinkertoy
Tonka Trucks
Twister
View-Master
Wiffle Ball


message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5312 comments Mod
reserved


message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5312 comments Mod
This thread is now open!


message 5: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1695 comments Just checking to make sure I am on the right path.

I would like to use Devil in Winter for the one book option.
The title letters can be found in Radio Flyer Wagon and the author's initials (LK) are found in Alphabet Blocks.

Am I correct that I can use this book for the one book option?


message 6: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11017 comments Wanda wrote: "Just checking to make sure I am on the right path.

I would like to use Devil in Winter for the one book option.
The title letters can be found in Radio Flyer Wagon and the author's ..."


Yes, that would work for the one book option.


message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber J (amberisreading) | 38 comments For the one book option can I use the first letter as an 'a' in the ampersand in Love & Gelato by Jennifer Evans Welch. The initials of the book would be found in Little Green Army Men and the author's initials would be found in Jigsaw Puzzle.


message 8: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11017 comments Tiffani wrote: "For the one book option can I use the first letter as an 'a' in the ampersand in Love & Gelato by Jennifer Evans Welch. The initials of the book would be found in Little Green Army Men and the auth..."

No, sorry. Book titles must contain at least 3 words. Love & Gelato has two words and one symbol. Ampersands may be used, but only with the toy whose name contains an ampersand (Dungeons & Dragons) and at least 3 words.


message 9: by Heather (last edited Sep 03, 2018 08:54PM) (new)

Heather | 386 comments Just wanting to make sure. I would like to do the one book option. I'd like to use Open Mind, Faithful Heart: Reflections on Following Jesus by Pope Francis.

OMFH all found in The Game of Life

PF found in Fischer Price Little People


message 10: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11017 comments Heather wrote: "Just wanting to make sure. I would like to do the one book option. I'd like to use Open Mind, Faithful Heart: Reflections on Following Jesus by Pope Francis.

OMFH ..."


Yes, that works.


message 11: by Shannon SA (new)

Shannon SA | 4 comments For Tess of the D'Urbevilles, do I need the letters
T,O,T,D
or
T,O,T,D,U ?
Thank you.


message 12: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11017 comments Shannon wrote: "For Tess of the D'Urbevilles, do I need the letters
T,O,T,D
or
T,O,T,D,U ?
Thank you."


Spaces determine words. So Tess of the D'Urbervilles would be TOTD.


message 13: by Shannon SA (new)

Shannon SA | 4 comments Thank you :)


message 14: by Kaora (last edited Sep 23, 2018 12:25PM) (new)

Kaora (ophelja) | 1176 comments Mapping the Interior
So this would work for one book since MTI is in The Game of Life
And the author Steven Graham Jones SGJ is in Jigsaw Puzzle?


message 15: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 11017 comments Kaora wrote: "Mapping the Interior
So this would work for one book since MTI is in The Game of Life
And the author Steven Graham Jones SGJ is in Jigsaw Puzzle?"


Yes, that works.


back to top