The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2018 > 10.4 - Hey There, Hi There, Ho There!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
10.4 - Hey There, Hi There, Ho There!

2018 celebrates the 90th anniversary of Mickey Mouse’s big-screen debut in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928. Read a book written by a single author whose first and list name initials are found in MICKEY MOUSE. Letters may be used only as often as they appear in the phrase. Spaces determine names.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 722 comments Just want to confirm that I can use M.R. Carey as an author (since the first initial is an initial and not a name)

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18267 comments Mod
Boston Kate wrote: "Just want to confirm that I can use M.R. Carey as an author (since the first initial is an initial and not a name)"

Yes

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber J (amberisreading) | 38 comments For the author Melissa de la Cruz, does the last name initial begin with a 'D' or a 'C'?

message 8: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18267 comments Mod
Tiffani wrote: "For the author Melissa de la Cruz, does the last name initial begin with a 'D' or a 'C'?"

From FAQ
1. If a task calls for author’s initials, what name do I use for the last initial?
While there are great variations in names, we work with the general rule that the author’s last name is the final word in the name that is preceded by a space. We realize that this may not be technically accurate in every case, but this is the default rule. Relational suffixes, such as Jr., III, etc. do not count as part of the name for SRC purposes.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

M.R. Carey (other topics)