What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book about teens fighting for survival on a sci - fi station

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison Tebo (allisonteboauthor) | 9 comments GENRE: Sci-Fi

I believe this was set in our world - the station might have been on Mars.

A bunch of families live on a station - and are about to celebrate an eclipse - the orbit will place the sun between them and Earth - cutting them off for a time.

An attack is launched on the station - and nearly everyone is wiped out, leaving only a handful of teens.

It is narrated by a teen boy - he has a crush on a teen girl.

They discover that there were children being used for slave labor in the underground facilities beneath the station.

They are being hunted by the attackers - and at the very end - they think they are clear - when a message comes through from earth telling them to run.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Aug 15, 2018 12:04PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When did you read this book Allison? (and as a side note can I just say--how did I manage to miss it, since I love this kind of book.)

Any memories of the cover or idea about where in the alphabet the author's name was?

Where/how did you discover it--ex. library on the Our Staff Recommends shelf or was it a personal recommendation, you read a review etc.

And do you think it might have been the first book in a series?

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison Tebo (allisonteboauthor) | 9 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "When did you read this book Allison? (and as a side note can I just say--how did I manage to miss it, since I love this kind of book.)

Any memories of the cover or idea about where in the alphabet..."

It was several years ago. Haha!

To my memory, it had a lot of red/orange on the cover and some figures more or less in silhouette.

I found it at a library, several years before I joined Goodreads. It was either in the children's section or YA section.

It was definitely setting up for a sequel.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Allison, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Does anything on the Teenagers . . . IN SPACE! list look familiar?