Zombies! discussion

Movies and TV > Most like the Walking Dead?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 2187 comments Some of my favorites...

In terms of trying to establish communities, try:

Adrian's Undead Diary
Zombie Rules
A Very Good Man

For action:

Undead (day by day)
Zombie Fighter Jango
Mountain Man

message 2: by R.S. (new)

R.S. Merritt | 76 comments Adrians Undead Diary (AUD) is a great read. There's also the Walking Dead Books that are written about the Governor and provide some additional back story.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Philbrook | 30 comments Randy wrote: "Some of my favorites...

In terms of trying to establish communities, try:

• Adrian's Undead Diary
• Zombie Rules
• A Very Good Man

For action:

• Undead (day by day)
• Zombie Fighter Jango
• Mo..."

R.S. wrote: "Adrians Undead Diary (AUD) is a great read. There's also the Walking Dead Books that are written about the Governor and provide some additional back story."

Thank you to both of you!

message 4: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) Hi Jay!

I love TWD and Fear TWD and am always reading zombie fiction when I'm waiting for them to return. :-) Some that I have fell in love with are:
* Arisen series by Michael Stephen Fuchs - Strong military main characters, though, but by far the BEST zombie apocalyse series I have read to date.
*The Remaining series by DJ Molles - Again, main character is Army, but the whole story is based on rescue and rebuilding. Very good series as well, my second favorite.
These three are also really good series and remind me of TWD...
*The Undead World series by Peter Meredith
*The Dead Years series by Jeff Olah
*Slow Burn series by Bobby Adair

Happy Reading!

message 5: by Thia (new)

Thia (thial) | 130 comments Jay wrote: "Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anybody has read a zombie book that was most like the AMC's Walking Dead. I really like that show and I'm looking for something to tide me over until the new sea..."

I liked Dark Recollections The Adrian's Undead Diary Series, Convoy of Carnage first book in the Zombie Road series, The Remaining series, Mountain Man series, and if you are an animal lover the The Book of Riley 1 series by Tufo is phenomenal. I'm pretty sure my review of it was "Homeward Bound meets The Walking Dead," Don't let the animals fool you, it's for grown ups. I only like the first couple of Walking Dead books. Lilly Caul makes me root for the zombies ;)

A great way to use this site is to go to the reviews for a book you liked, find someone's review who liked it for the same reasons you did, then check the other reviews they wrote for books they liked or hated. I stole a lot from our friend Randy up there when I first got started :)

message 6: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 2187 comments Thia wrote: "I stole a lot from our friend Randy up there when I first got started :)"

Hopefully, you got them free, just like I did! :)

message 7: by Thia (new)

Thia (thial) | 130 comments Randy I can’t tell you how helpful your free book lists and recommendations have been.
You’re welcome in my bunker any time. I’ll even share my wine :)

message 8: by Richard (new)

Richard McCrohan | 5 comments Try the Pandora series by Richard McCrohan.