One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) One Dark Throne discussion

Fantasy for 20-Somethings

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Taylor McDonnell So first I wanted to start with, I absolutely love this series and have enjoyed it since the first page.

Having said that I am tired of reading books where the primary characters are 14-18 years old. While my love for the fantasy/supernatural genre has remained over the years, so has the age of the characters I'm reading about.

While the Red Queen and some of the Cassandra Clare series have been a bit older as enough of the characters weren't teenagers anymore, that is the closest I've found to characters of a similar age.

Books about 20-something year olds are either god awful or about finding a significant other. Boring. Where is the adventure in that? I am looking for something more of age, while still encompassing all of the thrill of series like Divergent or the Graceling books. It doesn't need to be more "mature", I've read most of the Sookie Stackhouse novels and that was a bit too much sex and not enough plot for me - I loved True Blood as a show though.

I'm not sure there is a current genre for what I am looking for, but I'm up for any suggestions you may have.

Victoria E Geraci I know just how you feel. I am a big fan of the fantasy/paranormal genre but some times have a hard time finding things that are not YA. Do not get me wrong I do like YA but some times I want to read something that is more my own age. Here is a list of some of my favorite authors and series that I have found. I hope there is something you find that you like. Let me know and happy reading,

Jeaniene Frost

Freaky Days (Mystic Caravan, #1) by Amanda M. Lee

Shannon Mayer

The Ghost and the Graveyard (Knight Games, #1) by Genevieve Jack

Melissa F. Olson

Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona Andrews

Sarah Fine