What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Girl in the Golden Atom
This topic is about The Girl in the Golden Atom
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA - A world exists in the crack of a ring. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments Read in the 1970’s a person sees a tiny world in the crack of a ring and finds a way to visit it, I seem to remember the first thing he sees is a girl by a pond.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Karen I've moved your thread down to Unsolved since that's where it belongs.

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16055 comments Crack of a ring? Do you mean a piece of jewelry?

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments Yes i remember it from high school in the 70’s it seems a kid found a ring (jewelry) and was intrigued by a scratch/crack in it, as he stares into it he motices movement then uses a magnifyng glass to look in it and sees a tiny girl sitting by a pool. Somehow he is able to shrink and journey to the world. I think there was a battle inside the ring also.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "The Magician's Nephew?" . No it was not a Narnia book.

message 7: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai | 1191 comments Searching: novel, "a ring" "shrinks" this book was the first result:
The Girl in the Golden Atom by Ray Cummings.
A classic work of science fiction, this novel was one of the first to explore the world of the atom. The Girl in the Golden Atom is the story of a young chemist who finds a hidden atomic world within his mother’s wedding ring. Under a microscope, he sees within the ring a beautiful young woman sitting before a cave. Enchanted by her, he shrinks himself so that he can join her world.

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments Oh my gosh that's it! Thank you! I've been looking for that book for years.

message 9: by Mai (last edited Oct 26, 2018 06:23AM) (new) - added it

Mai | 1191 comments I'm glad that was your book. That's why this group is great! Different people think of different combinations of words when searching and sometimes it works!! Or someone might have read it too and remembers it, of course.