Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

The Dread Wyrm (The Traitor Son Cycle, #3)
This topic is about The Dread Wyrm
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Dread Wyrm [Oct 22, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
October 22.
The Dread Wyrm - Miles Cameron

Bill | 2150 comments In

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments I'm going to be a bit late. I've had it on hold at the library for weeks and whoever has it isn't returning it! Grrr... I'll let you know when I get it.

message 5: by Bill (last edited Oct 22, 2018 05:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Awesome because I’m still doing a reread of book 1. Should finish it today and start book 2. I had 2 months to do them and of course waited until the last minute to start.

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments Haha! Well that worked out well!

message 7: by Bill (last edited Oct 25, 2018 08:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 2150 comments I’ll probab be caught up and ready to start tomorrow but will hold off until you get you’re copy. Luckily I’m behind on other reads too.

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments I just called the library and they said the book is 6 days overdue... Hopefully it'll get returned it soon! Grrr

Bill | 2150 comments That’s so rude. No book etiquette.

message 10: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Sorry Laura I started today. I want to get the series done by years end so had to get going on it.

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments No problem at all. I might just buy it... Let you know

message 12: by Laura Tenfingers (last edited Nov 23, 2018 11:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments Well, they finally returned the book! Only a month after it was due... On its way to my library now. Hopefully I can catch up and read the next ones with you. Sorry for dropping out!

message 13: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 2150 comments That’s fantastic. We can still chat about this one too if you like.

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments I was finally able to go pick up the book. Started today. I love that we're getting a dose of Gabriel right off the bat, after not getting enough of him in the last book. I'm loving the banter. Only on chapter one yet.

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments Beginning of chapter 3 (25%) (view spoiler)

I'm really enjoying this. The writing and characters are great. I've read some of his historical fiction (as Christian Cameron) and really enjoyed it but this pushes way more of my buttons.

message 16: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 2150 comments Laura Tenfingers wrote: "I was finally able to go pick up the book. Started today. I love that we're getting a dose of Gabriel right off the bat, after not getting enough of him in the last book. I'm loving the banter. Onl..."

This book really opens Gabriel up as a character outside of the captain or duke.

Laura Tenfingers wrote: "Beginning of chapter 3 (25%) "

(view spoiler)

I’m definitely jumping into some of his historical fiction next year. Which was your favorite?

message 17: by Laura Tenfingers (last edited Dec 14, 2018 05:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments Right, thanks Bill. How about (view spoiler)

Of his historical fiction I've read two from his Chivalry series about the Hundred Years War. Good, but I like these more. I want to finish that series and read his others as well.

message 18: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 2150 comments (view spoiler)

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments That's it! His spear! Thanks

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments Beginning of chapter 8 (64%)

When did the Company start being referred to as the casa? Do you know what that's about?

message 21: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 2150 comments No idea. I think it grows so fast at certain points that Cameron restructures the command and what certain groups are called but doesn’t pass that knowledge on to us.

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments I finished it and loved it. The best one yet. My brain feels like mush though and I'm going to have to read some fluffy stuff before Plague of Swords... Have you finished that one? I'm hoping it's as good as this one?

message 23: by Bill (last edited Dec 26, 2018 06:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 2150 comments I did finish it and thought it was another excellent entry in the series. I liked this book a bit more though because I thought we really got a ton of insight into Gabriel and book 4 was a bit broader in scope.

I will probably start The Fall of Dragons later today. This is rapidly moving up my list of favorite series.

Laura Tenfingers | 1107 comments I agree, definitely on my favourite series list. I'll probably start A Plague of Swords in a few days. Can't wait to see how he wraps it all up in The Fall of Dragons.