Christian Readers discussion

13 views
Scripture Memorization > So, What Is The Problem?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Why is it that many doctrinally solid churches are half full ?

What is lacking ? Any thoughts ?

Click below for a brief (one page, double-sided, tri-fold) PDF file Bible study on this topic:
http://www.christ-like.net/sitebuilde...


message 2: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Are they?

Why did God allow Jerusalem to be destroyed in A.D. 70?
Why did Charles Spurgeons church go from 15,000 to 300 after he died?

No more elect Christians at that moment. Possibly?


message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "Click below for a brief (one page, double-sided, tri-fold) PDF file Bible study on this topic:"

This is a discussion board. How about you present your opinion on the topic here, then we can discuss it :D


message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Alexandra wrote: "This is a discussion board. How about you present your opinion on the topic here, then we can discuss it :D..."

My response: Often discussions start with a question.


message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Rod wrote: "No more elect Christians at that moment. Possibly?"

My response: NOPE!

Mark 16:15 - "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world , and preach the gospel to every creature ."


message 6: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle Yep! And we are. Only finished in certain areas at certain times. Keep goin. The rest is God's problem


message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "Often discussions start with a question."

So, you don't want to present your own opinion on the topic. Gotcha ;)


message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Rod wrote: "Yep! And we are. Only finished in certain areas at certain times. Keep goin. The rest is God's problem"

My response: Why is it God's problem?

According to you God FORCES MOST people into hell...

...and He FORCES A FEW people into heaven...

…and NEITHER group has ANY CHOICE .
_______________

So much for God's Word... WHOSOEVER WILL CALL...


message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Alexandra wrote: "So, you don't want to present your own opinion on the topic. Gotcha ;)"

My response: Why, are you waiting to call me a LIAR again?


message 10: by Danny (new)

Danny | 3 comments It’s a sign the return of our Lord Jesus is closer than we realize.

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, - 2 Timothy 4:3

These things are to fulfill prophecy.


message 11: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments On TBN the congregations look full and running over, listening to material that isn't even tn the King James Bible of 1611. Duplantes he has a sermon that I have heard three times where he goes to the kingdom of God sees God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost up close and personal. Speakes to all three with Jesus calling him Jesse. I sent a letter to Gloria and told her she should have Jesse evaluated, but who would be her financial giver that prayes for his pardners? Only twice have I heard him pray the mistaken, foolish sinners prayer. How could the Holy Ghost be in the kingdom of heaven when it is put in us after we are born again with a clean body at least thirty days later after fasting etc.. St John 14:17 In those days you will fast. St John 9:15 He preaches from an unholy book most of the time from some jurk that believes they know something.

So, back to your question you can lie to people most of the time and they can't get enough of it because there are only two kinds of people, either the devils children or God's children. The devil speaketh (TO) of (TO) his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. St John 8:44

The heavy hitters will tell you that God is all powerful He can do anything. But if I tell them God replaced my heart, that pumps blood. They will tell you except that. Where is sin located that prevents a person from being righteous, the very thing that God requires. St Matthew 6:33


message 12: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "because there are only two kinds of people, either the devils children or God's children. ..."

My response: YOU are one of the devils children... because YOU LIE constantly... YOU claim to be Elijah... but JESUS told us that John the Baptist was Elijah.

Our choice... listen to JESUS or listen to Mickey


message 13: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 10 Danny got it right, every T B N preacher, preaches from what Paul said. There is not one verse of prophecy in the Old Testament that says a man will write half of the New Testament after my Son Jesus leaves. If you had a son to save the world, and everybody taught what Harry said how would that make you feel?


message 14: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "There is not one verse of prophecy in the Old Testament that says a man will write half of the New Testament after my Son Jesus leaves...."

My response: Mickey (the DELUSIONAL) thinks he knows more than the Apostle Peter, who identified the Apostle Paul as the author of Scripture!

(But what can we expect from a guy who REJECTS Jesus and claims himself to be Elijah!)


message 15: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments I'm not sure what was wrong with Peter, would you show me one scripture that would indicate he understood the Gospel of salvation that Jeses and God brought to the earth? Peter's rendition of The Acts 2"38 has nothing to do with salvation but one if not more denominations would die for that verse.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy ghost." The same thing that John the Baptist preached and he lost his head, it wasn't the Gospel.


message 16: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "I'm not sure what was wrong with Peter..."

My response: NOTHING was wrong with Peter... the problem is with YOU! You are demented and delusional...

You think you are Elijah and you believe that Jesus was WRONG when He identified John the Baptist as Elijah.


message 17: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 10, 2018 05:20AM) (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "the problem is with YOU! You are demented and delusional... "

Ad hominem attacks simply demonstrate that you're unable to counter with any reasonable argument. You may actually have something valid in mind, but obviously you lack the knowledge or ability to express it.

Which is more a reflection on you and where you're lacking as a man in position of authority in the Church, than the one you're attacking.

This is what cult members and unbelievers do, resort to ad hominem attacks to deflect away from the fact that they have no reasoned argument with which to refute what they wish to refute. As a (self-proclaimed) Christian running what is purported to be a Christian ministry, you should hold yourself to a higher standard.


message 18: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Alexandra wrote: "Ad hominem attacks simply demonstrate that you're unable to counter with any reasonable argument. ..."

My response: Mickey believes that he is Elijah... you have a coherent conversation with him if you like.


message 19: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Alexandra wrote: "Which is more a reflection on you and where you're lacking as a man in position of authority in the Church, than the one you're attacking...."

My response: LOL!!!! And this coming from someone who repeatedly LIED about me... got CAUGHT LYING... JUSTIFIED your LYING... and refused to REPENT


message 20: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Alexandra wrote: "This is what cult members and unbelievers do, resort to ad hominem attacks to deflect away from the fact that they have no reasoned argument..."

My response: So you believe Jesus is a cult member?
______________________

Jesus said...

Luke 13:31-32

31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee.

32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox
__

Matthew 23:33 - " You snakes, you offspring of vipers ! How will you escape being condemned to hell ?"
__

Luke 11:44 - "Woe to you! You are like unmarked graves , and people walk over them without realizing it!”


message 21: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 10, 2018 08:50AM) (new)

Alexandra | 423 comments Robert wrote: "Mickey believes that he is Elijah"

Be that as it may, that doesn't change the fact that you should not resort to ad hominem attacks, and doing so only demonstrates your own lack of ability to refute what he's said.

Alexandra wrote: "This is what cult members and unbelievers do, resort to ad hominem attacks to deflect away from the fact that they have no reasoned argument..."

"My response: So you believe Jesus is a cult member?"

That is the logical fallacy known as the "loaded question". It happens to be one of your favorite tactics.

If you want to accuse Jesus of resorting to ad hominem attacks to deflect away from the fact that He had no reasoned argument that's certainly up to you. I certainly have not.


message 22: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Alexandra wrote: "That is the logical fallacy known as the "loaded question". It happens to be one of your favorite tactics...."

My response: The logical fallacy is on YOUR part.

YOU were the one who said quote: "This is what cult members and unbelievers do, resort to ad hominem attacks to deflect away from the fact that they have no reasoned argument..."

All I did was QUOTE Scripture (something you almost NEVER do).
___________

No wonder you can call me a LIAR … get caught in your LIES … then JUSTIFY your LYING … and not repent!


message 23: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments 21 Alexandre: there are three veses that says Elijah will come in the last days, or says Elijah was not John the Baptist. The ignorant preachers, like John tha Baptist to be Elijah then nothing can rock their boat or do they buy airplanes or both? The preachers are disgusting, there is no money in the truth.
1. St Matthew 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elijah truly shall come and restore all things.
2. Malachi 4:5 Behold< I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
3. St John 1:21 And they asked him (John the Baptist) What then? Art thou Elijah? And he saith, I am not, Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

So we have 3 against 2 Elijah was to reveil what the parables mean before Jesus returns. If people like Robert don't believe then a curse is going to be put on the earth. Malachi 4:6

1. But I say unto you, That Elijah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. (pleased) Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
2. Then the disciples understood that he spake of John the Baptist. (Did they understand or where they as ignorant as the preachers and Robert?) The Bible even the King James Bible of 1611 is a mess to put it bluntly.


message 24: by Robert (last edited Aug 10, 2018 02:26PM) (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "So we have 3 against 2...

My response: JESUS said quote:

Matthew 11:9-14
9 Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet.
10 This is the one about whom it is written: "'I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way before you.'
11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it.
13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come .

According to Mickey (the FALSE PROPHET)… Jesus was IGNORANT (according to Mickey)... because Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah who was to come.


message 25: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Like I have said the New Testament is a mess with vrses put in that shouldn't be there. Paul a false prophet writing half of the New Testament., and with verses that couldn't posibly come from God.

Then we have a stupid question (If you are willing to accept it) before an earth shattering statement. Elijah knows the truth of the allegorical speach or parables that Jesus presented. The preachers don't want to know the truth, they believe they are doing just fine on the earth, but that is as far as they are going to go. It reads a person can't serve two masters, (he will hold to the one, and despise the other, Ye cannot serve God and mammon or money.

So i'm not willing to accept it because it never came from God. No where else in the Gospels does God give mankind that choice, they don't have that choice. Paul said if you don't like what I say start your own church which that is what we have today, does that make any common sense to you?


message 26: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1964 comments Mod
Mickey wrote: "Like I have said the New Testament is a mess with vrses put in that shouldn't be there. Paul a false prophet writing half of the New Testament., and with verses that couldn't posibly come from God...."

My response: Thanks for your OPINION... but YOU are the MESS... NOT the Word of God.


back to top