What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Brownies and the Wedding Day
This topic is about The Brownies and the Wedding Day
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's chapter book series about brownies in the UK, read 1990s but probably published earlier. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aspiring Scribbler | 64 comments This afternoon I had a really vivid flashback about a series I read when I was a child (early to mid 1990s), but I borrowed them from the library so I have no idea what they were now.

There were at least 2, and probably 3 or more books (could be many more I don't really know, but certainly I read 2 or 3). The books revolved around a group of brownie guides in the UK, and their adventures (or misadventures). Looking back now the style reminds me of Enid Blyton's school stories, which makes me wonder if they were published as early as the 1950s or 60s.

One book I remember quite vividly was about the group making preparations for the wedding of one of their adult leaders. (view spoiler)

Any ideas?

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2068 comments The Brownie Adventure series by Julie Bonner?

Here Come the Brownies series by Jane O'Connor?

message 3: by K.L. (new) - added it

K.L. | 72 comments The Brownies and the Wedding Day by Verily Anderson. I was looking for this series a few years ago as well

message 4: by K.L. (new) - added it

K.L. | 72 comments Sorry can't link off my phone

message 5: by El (new)

El | 502 comments The Brownies and the Wedding Day for K.L.'s suggestion

Aspiring Scribbler | 64 comments K.L. wrote: "The Brownies and the Wedding Day by Verily Anderson. I was looking for this series a few years ago as well"

That's it! Thank you!