Addicted to YA discussion

From Twinkle, with Love
This topic is about From Twinkle, with Love
Stand Alone > From Twinkle, with Love

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
This discussion will be lead by BooksByDano. The discussion leader will be here to help keep the conversation going.

message 2: by BooksByDano (new) - added it

BooksByDano | 17 comments Hey guys. I will be leading the discussions for From Twinkle with Love. I just ask that if you are adding comments that you put the chapter you are on before you start commenting just to ensure people don't get spoiled if they don't want to be.

message 3: by BooksByDano (new) - added it

BooksByDano | 17 comments But to start off with. What are your first impressions of Twinkle?

message 4: by BooksByDano (new) - added it

BooksByDano | 17 comments How are people going? I am about 100 pages in.

Farren (mmmcookies) | 524 comments I actually wasn't interested in this book at all, but since I got it in my Owlcrate and it's BOTM I'm giving it a shot. I am only 45 pages in, but so far I'm liking it more than expected.

I'm not the biggest fan of Twinkle at this point, but I do really like Sahil 😊 He reminds me of Simon Lewis!

message 6: by BooksByDano (new) - added it

BooksByDano | 17 comments That is basically the same as me. And yes i totally agree that Sahil is like Simon.

MeganIsBookish (nodoubtiambookish) | 6 comments I read this book not too long ago and in the beginning, I liked Twinkle.

Farren (mmmcookies) | 524 comments I read 2/3 of the book in one sitting and finished it today. I think it was pretty cliched and had some problems, but overall it was a fun book to read. I never really grew to like Twinkle. In fact, I think I liked her less as the book went on. But I adored Sahil and his friends.

My biggest gripe about the book would be Twinkle's preoccupation with popularity. It's 2018, does anyone really obsess over climbing to the top of the social ladder? Maybe I was lucky in my high school, because there weren't cliques that treated other people like crap or isolated anyone who "didn't belong," and I graduated way way long ago (in 2005 lol)

Gretchen | 47 comments Farren wrote: "I read 2/3 of the book in one sitting and finished it today. I think it was pretty cliched and had some problems, but overall it was a fun book to read. I never really grew to like Twinkle. In fact..."
Boy! You were lucky ! Even my middle school had clicks.

Gretchen | 47 comments I enjoyed Twinkle! I could relate to trying to make a dream a reality and having to face all the pressures that goes with it. Sahil is the ultimate friend, boyfriend whatever. I think everyone would want their own Sahil when chasing their dream.

message 11: by BooksByDano (new) - added it

BooksByDano | 17 comments So I am still around page 100 and I do remember at high school not being apart of the popular group but apart from wishing that I had one group of friends that i had everything in common with (instead I moved from group to group depending on what i felt like doing that day) I didn't really fixate on it. Currently I find Twinkle had to relate too.

message 12: by BooksByDano (last edited Aug 12, 2018 03:45PM) (new) - added it

BooksByDano | 17 comments Just curious how many people have read When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon When Dimple met Rishi?

I haven't and I am wondering which they prefer.

Farren (mmmcookies) | 524 comments @Gretchen, we had cliques where people naturally gravitated towards each other (althetes, punk kids, wannabe rappers 😋) but for the most part they never treated anyone outside the group as lesser and it was easy to gravitate between groups.

I haven't read her other book because I wasn't that interested in the storyline for that either, and I heard a lot of things about Dimple always treating Rishi very poorly which i knew would bug me 😕

Gretchen | 47 comments Farren wrote: "@Gretchen, we had cliques where people naturally gravitated towards each other (althetes, punk kids, wannabe rappers 😋) but for the most part they never treated anyone outside the group as lesser a..."
like I say you are very lucky...
She does treat him a little harshly but she is a teenager trying to find her way and when they are trying to find themselves it doesn't go smoothly and there is fall out but I have seen adults in the same situation not handle it too well.
I just think that it goes with the territory when you think you want one thing but something else is more you. She does realize what she has done in the end and makes it right so she is not completely hopeless.