Start by marking “From Twinkle, with Love” as Want to Read:
From Twinkle, with Love

From Twinkle, with Love

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  5,224 ratings  ·  1,493 reviews
Aspiring filmmaker and wallflower Twinkle Mehra has stories she wants to tell and universes she wants to explore, if only the world would listen. So when fellow film geek Sahil Roy approaches her to direct a movie for the upcoming Summer Festival, Twinkle is all over it. The chance to publicly showcase her voice as a director? Dream come true. The fact that it gets her clo ...more
Published May 22nd 2018 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about From Twinkle, with Love, please sign up.
Sandhya Menon Hi! Although TWINKLE is in the same vein as DIMPLE (i.e. similar swoony hero, similar kick-butt feminist heroine, similar humor and heart), it is a…moreHi! Although TWINKLE is in the same vein as DIMPLE (i.e. similar swoony hero, similar kick-butt feminist heroine, similar humor and heart), it is a standalone book. :)

If you're looking for more in the DIMPLE universe, Ashish gets his own story in the summer of 2019!

xoxo,
Sandhya(less)
Sandhya Menon This book is for readers 12 and up! There are no sex or drinking/drug use scenes, though there are a few kissing scenes. Hope that helps!

Lola
Twinkle, twinkle little star…

Speaking of stars, Twinkle does not wish to become an actress or a singer. Instead, she wants to grow into a successful and recognized Indian-American female filmmaker who shakes the world with her powerful ideas.

She dreams big, and I love that about her. There’s nothing wrong with having what seem to be unreachable goals. I am one of those cheesy firm believers that you can achieve anything as long as you have a plan and a ton of passion.

And Twinkle certainly does.
twinkle
Jun 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
THE MAIN CHARACTER WILL HAVE MY NAME. FUCKKDKFKDMFNR IM SCREAMING. THIS IS SO BROWN LOL
destiny ♎ [howling libraries]
DNF @ 51%

There are some extremely important benefits to this book. It features an Indian protagonist who is incredibly feminist and her views on the world and the patriarchy are so refreshing, and sweet, and really lovely. I loved the passion she felt for her filmmaking and the fact that she wanted to become a filmmaker so that she could change the world.

I also really loved Sahil for his geekiness and his full support of her vision. Whenever she goes on rants about the patriarchy, he doesn't ev
C.G. Drews
Another cute story from the author of When Dimple Met Rishi! And also self five @ me for reading my eARC on time instead of 7 years late, I'm so proud. Anyway full review to come, but for now:
• this one reads a lot younger than Dimple's book so I preferred Dimple tbh
• I don't really understand or love film references lmao
• It was very cute/fluffy
• There is...a love square...😐
Berit☀️✨
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Twinkling Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

This was a fun, adorable, sweet, YA contemporary that had me smiling the entire book.... there is something so readable about this author’s writing style.... in both this book and ”When Dimple Met Ricci” The characters were brought so amazingly to life....

Twinkle feels like lo woman on the social totem pole... in fact she refers to her self as a “groundling”... and the popular people are referred to as something to do with silk feathered hats.... Twinkle’s ultimate drea
Stacee
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was full blown obsessed with Dimple, so I was pretty much screaming at the post office when this arc showed up.

I loved Twinkle and Sahil. She’s smart and sassy and is working to be vocal. He’s sweet and adorable and working to be visible. They’re both feeling a bit neglected for different reasons and I loved watching them get closer. Twinkle does go through a period of icky and I wanted to just shake her, but her growth was perfect. However, it was Dadi who stole every scene she was in.

Plot w
Heather 'Bookables'
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
I don’t think I loved it quite as much as Dimple but it was still an adorable YA read I would recommend!
I love also how Twinkle aspires to be a filmmaker, how awesome is that?
My rating:⭐⭐⭐1/2
Trina (Between Chapters)
I adored this! Loved the romance and the examination of ego, expectations, and friendships.
Cait • A Page with a View
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary-ya
This is absolutely one of my new all-time favorite YA contemporaries! I stalled on reading it because I thought it would be in the format of a bunch of short letters and I can never really get into those type of books... But it ended up reading like a regular story and I loved it all.

Twinkle is a teen girl who's super into filmmaking and decides to direct a gender-swapped version of Frankenstein for an arts festival. A guy who likes her is helping to produce the movie, but Twinkle keeps imaginin
Alyssa
Jun 17, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2018-releases
OMG it's almost like Menon is going to go through all of the Khanna women's names! I love it. :D
Mavence
DNF at 58%

This was a surprise at first then turned out to be a chore which explains the DNF.
I love the idea of having an Indian American YA heroine to read for once and a budding director as well, this was a first time for me. Twinkle Mehra is a 16-year-old "groundling", as what she calls herself, and seems to make it a life goal to be promoted into the ranks of the "silk-feathered hats" aka Shakespearean highschool hierarchy 2.0.

Initially, I enjoyed her inner monologues/ letters to iconic femal
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This is such an adorable read! I loved Twinkle's struggle with pursuing her passion despite her disconnect with her parents, her isolation from her old best friend and making connections with new friends, and her love for film making. Twinkle and Sahil are cute couple goals tbh.

She was a bit immature in her thinking at times, often battling against the "ideal" guy in her head that wasn't actually real which was a bit frustrating. But overall, I found this a great coming of age story that was co
Megha Patel
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My heart is an emotional mess. So many feelings.

I loved everything about this book. It made me feel all kinds of emotions. Happinedd, sadness, laughter, anger, nervousness, and God knows what else. Seriously, it was all amazing. The plot, characters, and the format was another thing I loved.

Twinkle's chracters was amazing and I loved her. Some may say they found Twinkle's behavior frustrating or annoying but I related to it. When I am not thinking straight I tend to lash out at everyone too, i
Erin
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley for an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Well, From Twinkle, with Love was a breath of fresh air as it was wedged between a number of non-fiction reads and psychological thrillers. As a high school teacher, I probably love these teen novels with the same relish that my nurse mother enjoys her medical dramas. Sandhya Menon gives us the loveable protagonist, Twinkle, fully equipped with dreams of being a great Indian-American filmmaker and writing a series of "dear diary'
Filmmaking, girl-power, culture, and age-appropriate romance all wrapped up into one very YA novel. Lessons about confronting situations and learning who you (and others) are make this a worthwhile read for the YA crowd.

My favorite quote:
“When people show you who they are, you should believe them.”
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
3.75

This book was fun to read, and so swoonworthy, but at the same time I found it frustrating and annoying at times too, just due to how some of the characters acted and the direction the plot went at times

It was nice to see Twinkle grow over the book and realise she doesn't need to change herself for other people.

Also Sahil is such a sweetheart <3
Vanshika Prusty
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Y'all aren't ready for this book lol

Spoiler Free Review:

From Twinkle With Love is an adorable, funny novel that will make you laugh out loud on one page, and cry in public on the next.

I know that 16 year old me would've cried from joy because she would've seen a heroine just like her, the star of the show, struggling and learning the same lessons as her, and she wouldn't have felt so alone. This book meant so much to me, and I know it will to so many other marginalized, especially Indian, teens.
kav (xreadingsolacex)
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This is no way affected my review.

This book was basically 327 pages of me laugh-crying in the best way possible.

From Twinkle, With Love is Sandhya Menon's sophomore novel, a young-adult contemporary about an Indian-American teen filmmaker, Twinkle Mehra, who tells her story through letters to her favorite female directors.

I genuinely think I might have loved this one more than When Dimple Met Rishi.

Let’s start wit
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
Sandhya has firmly cemented herself into my top favourite author lists of all time... what an incredible read! My emotions were messed, I need lots of ice-cream and iced coffee and a re-watch of a silent movie from the 1920s round about now! But in all seriousness, I was extremely anxious reading Twinkle, since I absolutely loved Sandhya's other novel Dimple and wasn't sure what this one was going to be like. But I was left far from disappointed. The main character Twinkle is an aspiring filmmak ...more
nick
4.5/5

Sandhya Menon's debut, When Dimple Met Rishi, was a book I loved with every fiber of my being last year. I couldn't wait to get my hands on From Twinkle, With Love. The minute I had the book in my hands, I jumped to read it. As with When Dimple Met Rishi, this book epitomized everything I adore in a feel-good rom-com, that was also a story about growing up.

The star of this book is without a doubt Twinkle. She is not a straightforward character and I absolutely loved that about her. Most of
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
I had very high hopes going into From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon, since When Dimple Met Rishi is one of my favourite reads. It is safe to say that I was not disappointed, and I really enjoyed this story all about filmmaking. Twinkle is awkward and relatable, and the letters make for a unique format. Fans of rom-coms will no doubt love Menon’s latest novel.

Full review on The Candid Cover
Warda
Jun 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
This is going to be hilarious, dramatic AF and swoon worthy and I'm here for it!
Kayla
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favrouites
This has been one of the best contemporary books I've read since like forever.

Twinkle was such a sweetheart oh my god! Her point of view was so funny and entertaining to read about and the style of the book through her letters to her idols and her future self told the story perfectly.

The idea of the film making was just so cool. I've never read 'Dracula', I have seen the movie and a few retellings but I am a massive fan of 'Midsummers Night Dream' and this went beautifully into the story.

The rom
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
TITLE: FROM TWINKLE, WITH LOVE.

DECEASED. I LOVE IT.
Kate (GirlReading)
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
From Twinkle, With Love was utterly adorable and a delight to read. It was filled with uplifting, funny, inspiring, strong, well rounded, imperfect characters and relationships. It was incredibly easy to read and my heart feels a little lighter after doing so. It made me smile, stress and squee in equal amounts. Although I didn’t enjoy this as much as When Dimple Met Rishi and there were a few plot points I didn’t love quite so much, I throughly enjoyed this book. I loved the nod to women in fil ...more
Bexnbookx
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Want to see me talk about books? Check out my Youtube Channel: Bexnbookx

From Twinkle, with Love is a cute, inspiring, own-voices YA contemporary, with a talented main character as she attempts to navigate her high-school life and her upcoming future.

I received a free copy of this book from Hachette Australia in exchange for an honest review. All my thoughts and comments are entirely my own.

From Twinkle, with Love follows Twinkle Mehra, an aspiring filmmaker but utterly invisible. With stories t
Kate Olson
Thanks to the publisher for this review copy!

I absolutely adored Menon's 2017 title WHEN DIMPLE MET RISHI and was so so excited to read this one and discover that it is just as wonderful, although completely different. TWINKLE is written completely in letters to famous female film makers, and details the attempts of teenage Twinkle Mehra to both create a fabulous movie for an upcoming school festival and make over her social image.
This story is sweet and romantic and 100% celebrates geeky love
Janani
Sandhya has this habit of setting up things in the book that worry me and then taking them to fantastic places and fleshing them out so well. It's not perfect, but it took my breath away and has left me feeling several things.

Full review to come

TW: Aromisic language, ableist language
Kelly
There is so much to like here. I LOVED the format on this, which is primarily letters from Twinkle to her favorite female filmmakers. I thought the friendship challenges, as well as the rom-com angle, worked well. And most of all, that ending was excellent. It took up a thread I'd kind of forgotten about in the book and put a nice bow on it. Sweet and light, with a girl passionate about filmmaking and feminism, with a badass grandma in her life.

I didn't quite love this as much as Dimple. It may
Danielle
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs-review
I loved this wonderful YA novel. It is written in letters to various female film makers and follows Twinkle as she makes her first film.

Twinkle views herself as a “groundling” and wants to be apart of the popular, “silk feathered hat,” group. As she makes her movie, she makes new friends and comes to learn more about herself.

There were some parts of the book where I felt incredibly frustrated with Twinkle’s thoughts and behaviors. But I had to remind myself that she is a teenage girl, and it’s
NYT-bestselling author of light, bright, diverse YA. Hiding behind my coffee cup, eavesdropping on your conversations.
“Geeks are smart and talented and passionate. I don’t think that’s a bad thing.” 5 likes
“Sahil: Sometimes I worry I don’t know who I really am. Sometimes I’m afraid nothing I do will ever be enough to set me apart.” 4 likes