Aussie Readers discussion

Before I Let You Go
This topic is about Before I Let You Go
Archives > August 2018-Final Thoughts-**Spoilers Allowed**-Before I Let You Go

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 11121 comments Mod
Final thoughts (and reviews if you like) on Before I Let You Go by Kelly Rimmer Before I Let You Go by Kelly Rimmer

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 68779 comments Mod
Absolutely loved this one!!

Noelene | 364 comments I enjoyed this book as well. One of my favourite reads for this year.

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Completely agree Noelene!

message 5: by Kerri_M (last edited Aug 07, 2018 10:21PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kerri_M | 359 comments Finished. This is not a genre I normally read, but I enjoyed it for what it was. ★★★☆

Veronica ⭐️ | 2243 comments Did reading this book change your view on drug users? I don’t know anyone who has ever taken drugs so I suppose I have a very narrow view of users but this book did have me rethinking and changing my views.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Veronica ⭐️ | 2243 comments What did everyone think of the ending? Did you think it was realistic or convenient for the storyline?

Tanya (silphil) | 39 comments I read this early in the year and really enjoyed it.

To answer your questions Veronica, I liked the ending. I did think it was realistic, because as much as I wanted Annie to overcome her addiction, from what little I know of drug addiction, people fail rehab more than they succeed.

Veronica ⭐️ | 2243 comments Tanya wrote: "I read this early in the year and really enjoyed it.

To answer your questions Veronica, I liked the ending. I did think it was realistic, because as much as I wanted Annie to overcome her addictio..."

I thought it was realistic too. I think that's why I liked the book so much because the author didn't try and make everything turn out right for everyone.

message 10: by Bec (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bec | 8 comments Veronica ⭐️ wrote: "What did everyone think of the ending? Did you think it was realistic or convenient for the storyline?"

I read this earlier in the year and enjoyed it but I feel as though the end was slightly rushed, I would have liked to find out a little more detail but overall it was a realistic ending to the story based on the struggles of the characters

message 11: by Heather (last edited Aug 21, 2018 10:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Heather | 349 comments I loved it. I could relate to the characters and I thought the ending was appropriate. I thought it was quite skilled in that it wasn't a constantly emotional and draining read, just the end was a bit teary. As it should be.

message 12: by Carolyn (last edited Aug 26, 2018 02:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carolyn | 7841 comments I thought the book was very thoughtful and insightful in describing what happened to Annie during her childhood leading her to have difficulty coping in the world outside the religious sect and the reasons for her gradual descent into addiction. Lexie's love for her mixed with guilt and frustration also seemed very realistic. I think the ending could have gone either way as Annie would still have had a struggle post rehab and needed Lexie's support. I loved Sam - such a patient man!

message 13: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Good review Carolyn - a great book! I can't wait until her next :)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2243 comments I agree about Sam, Carolyn. He never faltered and was so supportive. The story was all so heartbreaking. Although if it didn’t end the way it did she would have had to go to jail. That was the way the law was there.
My mum wanted to read it just from the blurb about having to decide between the baby and her sister. I haven’t given it to her yet as the book is so much more than that simple description. I don’t know how she would go with the drugs and child abuse.

Carolyn | 7841 comments I guess if you tell her about those issues being in the book, she can make her own decision. I think the drug abuse is handled quite well and there has been so much about child abuse in the news these days.