2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Barb's Reading List / August 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barb (last edited Aug 31, 2018 10:19PM) (new)

Barb I haven't quite finished my last book/s for July, but I've got a plan in place for August and now that I have an internet connection (after nearly 48 hours without!), I can post it :)

BARB'S READING LIST / AUGUST 2018

ARCs:
Shattered at Sea (Webb's Glass Shop #5), by Cheryl Hollon, finished 8/18 ★★★★
Halloween Murder (Lucy Stone #3 and #16), by Leslie Meier, finished 8/6 ★★★.5
Royally Dead (A Stitch in Time #3), by Greta McKennan, finished 8/12 ★★★
The Guilty Dead (Monkeewrench #9), by P.J. Tracy, finished 8/9 ★★★★.5
Silver Anniversary Murder (Lucy Stone #25), by Leslie Meier, finished 8/24 ★★★.5
Hitting the Books (Library Lovers #9), by Jenn McKinlay, finished 8/27 ★★★★

TO ADVANCE SERIES:
Second Chance Pass (Virgin River #5), by Robyn Carr, finished 8/11 ★★★.5
A Deadly Vineyard Holiday (Martha's Vineyard #8), by Philip R. Craig, finished 8/13 ★★★★
Once Upon a Grind (Coffeehouse #14), by Cleo Coyle, finished 8/26 ★★★.5
Thereby Hangs a Tail (Chet & Bernie #2), by Spencer Quinn, finished 8/7 ★★★★
Beside Still Waters (Psalm 23 #4), by Debbie Viguié, finished 8/14 ★★★.5
In the Drink (Mack's Bar #3), by Allyson K. Abbott, finished 8/21 ★★★.5

NEW SERIES TO START FOR CHALLENGES:
How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon #1), by Cressida Cowell, finished 8/2 ★★★.5
Éclair and Present Danger (Emergency Dessert Squad #1), by Laura Bradford, finished 8/30 ★★★.5
The Big Kitty (Sunny & Shadow #1), by Claire Donally, finished 8/31/18 ★★★★
A Taste for Murder (Hemlock Falls #1), by Claudia Bishop, finished 8/22 ★★★★
Mai Tai One On (Tiki Goddess #1), by Jill Marie Landis, finished 8/29 ★★★

AUDIOBOOKS, when time:
All non-series books
Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy, by Karen Abbott, finished 8/10 ★★★.5
New York 2140, by Kim Stanley Robinson - started, not finished
Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel, by James Luceno, finished 8/4 ★★★.5
The Map Thief, by Michael Blanding, finished 8/28 ★★.5

WISH LIST, if time:
You May Also Like: Taste in an Age of Endless Choice, by Tom Vanderbilt, finished 8/23 ★★★.5
Love Gone to the Dogs, by Margaret Daley
Killed at the Whim of a Hat, by Colin Cotterill

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2383 comments Hate when the internet goes down. Always makes me wonder how ever did we survive before ;-). Love all the option you have. Enjoy.

message 3: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Good luck this month!

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4290 comments Mod
Some interesting books on your list, Barb!
Hope you have time for them all :)

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments Nice list, enjoy!

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10915 comments Mod
First of all, how did you survive internet drought for two days???

I love how you have your titles organized. You’ve many authors I haven’t read so I’m very much interested in your feedback on these titles. That Karen Abbott book sounds SO good!!

Have a great reading month!

message 7: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Have a great month, Barb! Hope all your books are five starrers.

message 8: by Barb (new)

Barb Jonetta wrote: "First of all, how did you survive internet drought for two days???"
It wasn't easy LOL I used my phone as a hotspot to get to the emails that were crucial, but spent most of the rest of the time reading :)

"You’ve many authors I haven’t read so I’m very much interested in your feedback on these titles. That Karen Abbott book sounds SO good!!"
It does, doesn't it? I hope it lives up to everything I've heard about it.

Veronica wrote: "Hope all your books are five starrers."
I can already say that won't happen, sorry! I'm stingy with stars, so I rarely give five stars -- lots of four and four and a half stars (in my mind, half stars are a thing!), but very few five stars in all the time I've been on GR.

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Barb wrote: "I can already say that won't happen, sorry! I'm stingy with stars, so I rarely give five stars -- lots of four and four and a half stars (in my mind, half stars are a thing!), but very few five stars in all the time I've been on GR."

Lol! I'm like that too. It is rare for me to give 5 stars and it is usually a book that really touched me in some way or one that I will re-read.

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2540 comments Great books and a lot of them. Have a great reading month.

message 11: by Barb (new)

Barb Lauren wrote: "It is rare for me to give 5 stars and it is usually a book that really touched me in some way or one that I will re-read. "

I was nodding at what you had to say until I got to the re-read bit. I won't say that I *never re-read, but it's rare, usually only for my F2F book group. There are too many "new" books out there waiting to be read to spend time re-reading books :)

message 12: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 638 comments What a great list. I see that you like cozies. J do too, they are some nice easy reads.

Enjoy your reading.

message 13: by Lauren (new)

Barb wrote: "I won't say that I *never re-read, but it's rare, usually only for my F2F book group. ."

I must say that I re-read a lot less now that I'm on Goodreads. As you say, too many bright and shiny new ones.

message 14: by Barb (new)

Barb Once again, I finished all but my wish list books by the skin of my teeth. Favorite books this month:

Thereby Hangs a Tail, by Spencer Quinn
The Guilty Dead, by P.J. Tracy (one of my all-time favorite series)
Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War, by Karen Abbott
A Taste for Murder, by Claudia Bishop
Hitting the Books, by Jenn McKinlay

Thereby Hangs a Tail (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #2) by Spencer Quinn The Guilty Dead (Monkeewrench, #9) by P.J. Tracy Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott A Taste for Murder (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #1) by Claudia Bishop Hitting the Books (Library Lover's Mystery, #9) by Jenn McKinlay