What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Salame & Signor
This topic is about Salame & Signor
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Looking for Children's book about frogs (where an evil character wants to eat frogs' legs). [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by This.one.here (last edited Jul 30, 2018 04:20PM) (new)

This.one.here | 2 comments I remember reading this as a child in the mid-1990s. My guess is I read it sometime between 1994 and 1998. I think it might have been foreign (i.e. not from the United States). Maybe Scandinavian? Or Dutch?

Plot points, to the best of my knowledge:
It involved two children who were brought into some other world by a frog, in order to deal with an evil witch (?) who was interested in trying all kinds of food and had now fixated on frogs' legs. Maybe they were taken into that other world via their laundry room? I'm not sure on that point.

Also, I think there was a character named something like "Salami" who was also a frog and maybe also in the title.

I would appreciate any advice/recollections that people can offer!

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Maybe Jostein Gaarder's The Frog Castle?

message 3: by This.one.here (new)

This.one.here | 2 comments Apologies! I found the answer. Here it is, in case it's helpful for anyone else:

It's a book called "Salame & Signor. " Authors are Viveca Sundvall and Gunilla Warnstrom. Published in 1988, originally in Swedish.

More bits and pieces I remembered....Salame and Signor are two frogs who come to the protagonist and his older sister Linda. The frogs are afraid of being eaten by Princess Pamela who lives in Cobweb Castle. The princess is fascinated by tasting all kinds of unusual dishes and is now fixated on getting to try frogs' legs. One of the frogs (Salame) loves eating sausages. I think there's also a grandmother, two handsome princes, and a giant goose.

message 4: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments That's great, I'm glad you found it!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, This.one.here. Here's the link - Salame & Signor by Viveca Sundvall.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Frog Castle (other topics)
Salame & Signor (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Viveca Sundvall (other topics)