Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > August 2018 ~ Pick-for-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 144 (144 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (last edited Aug 31, 2018 11:34AM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Pick for Me Challenge!!!

Come one, come all! It's fun... really!!!

1. Create a new shelf, or update the existing shelf on your Goodreads profile, that includes approximately 20 books that you would like to have someone else use to pick a book for you to read. Label it "Pick For Me." Only books from this designated shelf will be selected for this challenge, (no matter how badly some of us want to pick something else)!

2. Post in this thread that you want to participate this month.

3. Provide the link to your Pick For Me shelf, (this will make it a bit easier for all parties involved... unless you all really *want* to read Forbidden. *a new month, a new pick from me!*)

4. On the last day of the month, someone...the hand of fate, maybe, will use the randomizer to pair up everyone. (Or worst case scenario, Grey will pick for everyone, and you *know* what that means, *shifty eyes*)

5. Friend your partner who is picking for you or set your profile to public or your partner will not be able to access your shelf.

6. Post your selection for your partner in this thread.

7. Come back after finishing the book selected for you by your partner (even if it's after the month has ended) and let everybody know what you think about it.

**The sign up period will remain open until pairs are posted on August 1st and you'll have until August 4th to select a book for your partner.**

Sample shelf: Grey's Pick For Me

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Judy picks for Ela; she picked A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner ~ Ela rated it 2 stars.

Jan picks for Michele; she picked Seven Years (Seven, #1) by Dannika Dark ~ Michele rated it 4.5 stars.

Lisa picks for Tessa; she picked The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson ~ Tessa rated it

Melinda picks for Paula; she picked One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2) by K.A. Tucker ~ Paula rated it 4 stars.

Stephanie picks for Leslie; she picked From This Moment by Melanie Harlow ~ Leslie rated it 3 stars.

Leslie picks for Jean; she picked That Guy by Kim Jones ~ Jean rated it 5 stars.

Grey picks for Stephanie; she picked Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton ~ Stephanie rated it 3.75 stars.

Michele picks for Jan; she picked The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1) by Maria Vale ~ Jan rated it

Paula picks for Renee; she picked Crow (Boston Underworld, #1) by A. Zavarelli ~ Renee rated it 4.5 stars.

Jean picks for Grey; she picked When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann ~ Grey is a super slacker and didn't read anything this month. But... she says she's still thinking about this one!

Renee picks for Melinda; she picked Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher ~ Melinda rated it 10 stars!!!

Ela picks for Lisa; she picked Method 15/33 by Shannon Kirk ~ Lisa rated it 4.5 stars.

Tessa picks for Judy; she picked The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James ~ Judy DNF'd it... to possibly come back later.

message 3: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1707 comments In! I finally made a shelf 😬

Judy's PFM challenge

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I am in

message 5: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments I’m in

message 7: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) In :D

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments I’m in!

message 11: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1025 comments I’m in, meeeeee

message 12: by Steph (new)

Steph | 109 comments I'm in!

message 13: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in! Hope to get a chance to update my list!

message 14: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Totally in and please, who ever chooses me, pick a book from my actual list. (Love ya Grey)

message 15: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
You loved it though??? Hmph

message 16: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Not Drowning Instinct... but like I said 2 books off my TBR!

message 17: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Helloooooooo???

message 18: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments *crickets chirping*

message 19: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments *whistling and swaying* "la la la"

message 20: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

forgot to add this earlier...

message 21: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Omg, I'm here... Today has been crazy! I'm gonna randomize everyone right now... Thank God that didn't autocorrect, because awkward....

message 22: by Grey (last edited Aug 01, 2018 12:05PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod

Judy picks for Ela; she picked ~ Ela rated it

Jan picks for Michele; she picked ~ Michele rated it

Lisa picks for Tessa; she picked ~ Tessa rated it

Melinda picks for Paula; she picked ~ Paula rated it

Stephanie picks for Leslie; she picked ~ Leslie rated it

Leslie picks for Jean; she picked ~ Jean rated it

Grey picks for Stephanie; she picked ~ Stephanie rated it

Michele picks for Jan; she picked ~ Jan rated it

Paula picks for Renee; she picked ~ Renee rated it

Jean picks for Grey; she picked ~ Grey rated it

Renee picks for Melinda; she picked ~ Melinda rated it

Ela picks for Lisa; she picked ~ Lisa rated it

Tessa picks for Judy; she picked ~ Judy rated it

message 23: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Jean, I pick for you: That Guy That Guy by Kim Jones

Maryse just read it and loved it and so did a few others. Enjoy!

message 24: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Yay Leslie! I actually just added that to my PFM list!

Grey, for you, I pick: When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann

message 25: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Oooh, I got a no-brainer! For Melinda, I pick:

Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher Arsen: A Broken Love Story

Hope it stands the test of time!

message 26: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Omg! I can't believe Melinda hasn't read Arsen yet! Great pick!

message 27: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1707 comments Jean wrote: "Yay Leslie! I actually just added that to my PFM list!

Grey, for you, I pick: When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann"

I loved that book!

message 28: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Well, I think this one is obvious.

Judy, I pick The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James

message 29: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1707 comments ELA! ok so this is my first month participating and I'm having a difficult time picking...(hoping you'll like what I pick)
but I've decided on A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner

message 30: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1707 comments Tessa wrote: "Well, I think this one is obvious.

Judy, I pick The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James"

YAY! Thanks Tessa ;)

message 31: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments Jean wrote: "Yay Leslie! I actually just added that to my PFM list!

I loved this one too ❤️

message 32: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "ELA! ok so this is my first month participating and I'm having a difficult time picking...(hoping you'll like what I pick)
but I've decided on A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner"

Ela, I’m reading this for the TBR challenge if you want to BR...

message 33: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2128 comments Jan, I’ve not read one book on your PFM file - I simply can’t believe I haven’t read at least one! You have some great looking options but I’m taking my time checking them out — so bear with me.

message 34: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1707 comments Jean wrote: "Omg! I can't believe Melinda hasn't read Arsen yet! Great pick!"

Um...ihaven'treaditeither *hides face*

message 35: by Michele (last edited Aug 01, 2018 02:53PM) (new)

Michele | 2128 comments Jan - I’m choosing The Last Wolf - it’s one I want to read as well! I hope you enjoy it!! I added a few more to my expanding TBR thanks to Jan’s list...

The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1) by Maria Vale

message 36: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Tessa I choose The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson for you. Hope you enjoy!!!

message 37: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I LOVED A Love Letter to Whiskey and When Life Happened was great too!

message 38: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Renee wrote: "I LOVED A Love Letter to Whiskey and When Life Happened was great too!"

Yeah...what Nay said. I loved them both too!! Isn't Ela going to Robin's right now? I hope she is not too drunk or full of shenanigans to pick for me!!!

message 39: by Steph (new)

Steph | 109 comments For Leslie I choose From This Moment (After We Fall #4) by Melanie Harlow I haven't read it but I've loved everything by Melanie Harlow that I've read. I put this one on my TBR as well. :)

Now I just need my pick from Grey!

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Thanks Stephanie, with THAT cover, how can it be bad? 😉

message 41: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Lisa wrote: "Tessa I choose The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson for you. Hope you enjoy!!!"

Oooh, thank you, Lisa! I forgot about that. I think one of the authors I read recommended it. :)

message 42: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Stephanie, this was actually a hard pick for me. I loved the first Never Never book...but the 3rd one was not a good conclusion in my opinion, so in good conscience I can't recommend. A couple others I am interested in... But havent read... You already read Jezebel...so on that note. My choice for you is one I loved when I read it. Wallbanger Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton by Alice Clayton. Hope you enjoy!

message 43: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Grey wrote: "Stephanie, this was actually a hard pick for me. I loved the first Never Never book...but the 3rd one was not a good conclusion in my opinion, so in good conscience I can't recommend. A couple othe..."

That one had me laughing and swooning a lot. I hope you enjoy it Stephanie!

message 44: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Wallbanger was fantastic! I only read it because my friends were all reading it, and I really didn't think I'd enjoy it, but I ended up completely loving it. I never realized a book could be so funny and sexy at the same time!

message 45: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Nay - I choose Crow (Boston Underworld, #1) by A. Zavarelli for you

message 46: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Michele wrote: "Jan - I’m choosing The Last Wolf - it’s one I want to read as well! I hope you enjoy it!! I added a few more to my expanding TBR thanks to Jan’s list...

The Last Wolf (The Legend of All Wolves, #1) by Maria Vale"

Hey Michele. I just got home from work not long ago and just got to this. You pick for me and I pick for you. That's funny!!

Thanks for your pick. I've read mixed reviews of it but I do wanna try that one. Always looking for that great new shifter series LOL.

So, in that vein, for you I pick Seven Years Seven Years (Seven, #1) by Dannika Dark

I really liked that whole series, which IMO got better as it went on, till the final book which was the best one. But you gotta read the rest of the series first!

message 47: by Paula (last edited Aug 02, 2018 12:51AM) (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Jean wrote: "Yay Leslie! I actually just added that to my PFM list!

I didn't like Arsen - controversial I know!

message 48: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Funny Grey because I think it was because of you guys that I skipped Never, Never series. I cannot stand loving something, then being disappointed at ending. So thanks for letting me dodge that bullet.

Paula, I am the one other person who didn't like Arsen either. I hate not liking popular books, but at least I am not alone.

message 49: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1025 comments I loved Wallbanger too. That book was hilarious. I think that was the first book I read from Alice Clayton.

message 50: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Yeah, knowing how some of my tastes have changed, I'm not sure how I'd feel about Arsen now either. Not necessarily because of the story line (because that type of angst is my thing), but because of the writing, in general, and because I've gotten more critical in my cranky oldER age 😂. One day I'll try to read it again and see.

« previous 1 3