A Good Thriller discussion

PIFM - Archive > Buddy Read - Tracy Crosswhite #4 and #5 - Aug. 12

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki Willis (last edited Jul 25, 2018 10:01AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments Everyone welcome!
Use spoiler tags.

The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4) by Robert Dugoni The Trapped Girl

When a woman’s body is discovered submerged in a crab pot in the chilly waters of Puget Sound, Detective Tracy Crosswhite finds herself with a tough case to untangle. Before they can identify the killer, Tracy and her colleagues on the Seattle PD’s Violent Crimes Section must figure out who the victim is. Her autopsy, however, reveals she may have gone to great lengths to conceal her identity. So who was she running from?

After evidence surfaces that their Jane Doe may be a woman who suspiciously disappeared months earlier, Tracy is once again haunted by the memory of her sister’s unsolved murder. Dredging up details from the woman’s past leads to conflicting clues that only seem to muddy the investigation. As Tracy begins to uncover a twisted tale of brutal betrayal and desperate greed, she’ll find herself risking everything to confront a killer who won’t go down without a deadly fight. Once again, New York Times bestselling author Robert Dugoni delivers a taut, riveting thriller in the fourth installment of his acclaimed Tracy Crosswhite series. (less)

message 2: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments Started this today on the plane.
Got about 2O%.
It is good so far.

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1026 comments I'm going to start it tonight!
Have a great holiday :)

message 4: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments Did you get started yet Sophie?

I am at about 50% now. I think the whole climbing aspect to it is cool. I like when books include an interesting place or hobby into the story.
The husband(view spoiler)

I am finding the back story leading up to the event more interesting that the main story. What do you think about Tracy (view spoiler)

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1026 comments Yes I’ve started, Vicki. I’m not as far in as you, only at 20% right now, but I agree that the mountain aspect is cool and a bit different and I’m looking forward to reading how it all comes together. I’m just about to settle down to read some more now :)

message 6: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1026 comments I've been catching up a bit so I can offer my thoughts a bit more now!

I definitely agree that there's something way, way off about the husband. It's all a bit convenient that she's a bit of a loner, sitting on $$$ and suddenly they're married? Saying that, the more I read, the less of a goody-two-shoes Andrea seems to be. (view spoiler)

message 7: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments I finsihed this one.

Yes, this one kept me guessing too. I didn't figure it out til it was revealed.

What I liked was (view spoiler)

Do you want to continue with thte next one (either now or in Spetember) or wait and see if it wins for September?
I won the next one in a GoodReads giveaway so I want to get it read and reviewed. I feel like I won't win again if I don't do that.
That then I have the NEXT one after that from NetGalley.

message 8: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1026 comments I finished last night.

(view spoiler)

I'll be ready to read the next one in a few days if you are? I'm just finishing a totally different book for light relief but if it wins my Sept vote, I'll just class the runner up as my winner.

message 9: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments Yes, that works for me.
We can just continue with this thread.
Do you want to start this weekend or Monday? You pick. I am open.

message 10: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1026 comments Shall we say Sunday? Gives me a chance to tie up any loose ends tonight and tomorrow and then Sunday is my day to chill out and read

message 11: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments Ok Sunday is good

message 12: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1026 comments I've started and am up to chapter 7. So far I'm finding it a bit slow.

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Sean, Moderator (new)

Sean Peters | 9190 comments Mod
Read this book, really enjoyed it.

Enjoy all of you

message 14: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments I read through chapter 7...
I like how he uses some piece of America to add to the story. This time is the heroin and drug issue.
Del (view spoiler)
I also like (view spoiler)
Tracy (view spoiler)

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  Janssen (michellelynn05) | 28 comments I’ve read the Tracy Crosswhite series of all the books that are out so far and they are all great!

message 16: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments I went back to work Monday getting my class ready for kids (they come August 27) so haven't read at all this week.
Am going to on Sunday so hoping to get back into this.
Did you finish?

message 17: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1026 comments I did but I figured you must have been busy when I hadn't heard from you but it doesn't matter because I've been power reading through a few books that I needed to get reviews done for anyway. My daughter goes back to school on 5th September so this week I'll be rushing around trying to sort out new school shoes etc. Hope you got your class ready?

When you have finished, (view spoiler)

message 18: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 875 comments I finished now too...

(view spoiler)

Overall, a good read!!