YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Knock 'em Dead (S) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 428 (428 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Ashy Khaira (last edited Aug 09, 2018 06:55AM) (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments Jennifer ✔
Ashy Khaira ✔
Sharon ✔
Jackie ✔
Ereen ✔

Team Review Thread:https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments I’m here!

message 3: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments Sharon wrote: "I’m here!"

yay!

message 4: by Ereen (new)

Ereen | 1 comments Sup

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments checking in!

message 6: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments Jennifer wrote: "checking in!"

awesome :)

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments I'm just finishing up Clockwork Angel, and I should be starting Clockwork Prince on the 1st and I'll be moving on to Clockwork Princess immediately afterward, so I can take care of the "C" and "P" we need for our first puzzle.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84132 comments Mod
Hello Team Knock 'em Dead, just to let you know that I sent Jackie an email a few hours ago just in case she isn't getting her Goodreads messages. She hasn't replied so far, but hopefully we will get a reply before tomorrow ☺

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Does anyone have a book that would work for "K" for our first board?

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Here! Sorry about that! I have been under a lot of stress lately and have not been in the best mood. This is putting it lightly, but I don’t want to go into things. Anyway, I am reading the final empire and some other books.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments I got a book called Keeping Up Appearances that I am reading.

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I have a book by Kate Wilhelm that I can read next if needed.

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I know that took me forever, but I am finally done with the final empire! It is quite a long book! Going to start the best defense next.

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments I am finishing my K book by tonight. Sorry that I have not been that helpful so far.

message 15: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 06, 2018 10:00AM) (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments No worries! I left the K for you.

I'm working on an E book today, and I'll start an L tonight.

I've also got a banked book - Fearless Magic that can work for the R in the next board.

message 16: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Thanks Jennifer. I will post my review soon.

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Jennifer wrote: "No worries! I left the K for you.

I'm working on an E book today, and I'll start an L tonight.

I've also got a banked book - Fearless Magic that can work for the R in the next board."

If I finish another book tonight, I hope I can get back on track. Work has been tiring.

message 18: by Sharon (last edited Aug 09, 2018 11:37PM) (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Books and letters that can be used:

Keeping Up Appearances by Elizabeth Stevens - K (posted)
Confess by Colleen Hoover - C
The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han - S (posted)

message 19: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments not sure where i can throw in cracked kingdom and fallen heir,let me know and will post on my next offday,as well as hawksong

message 20: by Sharon (last edited Aug 09, 2018 11:36PM) (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments I just finished the Summer I Turned Pretty. I used it for S in Hopkins.

message 21: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Knock 'em Dead, just to let you know that I have messaged Ashy Khaira, Ereen, and Jackie to see if they are still participating, as we're on day 10 and they haven't posted reviews yet. If I don't get any response, or they don't post any reviews within 48 hours then I will look to replace them.

Thanks x

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22776 comments Mod
O.o That's a lot of people missing

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments I just posted the L to complete our first puzzle. I asked Sarah if we can post for puzzle 3 at the same time as 2 so we don't forget about all these books we've read/banked that don't fit for the current puzzle. I think that will help, right?

Also, I just want to say - if you finish a book that will fit for the current puzzle, but perhaps I've mentioned going after that same letter --- please, post your book! I'm not the type to get upset by thinking I have dibs or anything. I'd rather our team complete the puzzles faster and get points together. I could care less about my individual points - so fire away and go team, go!

And on that same note, if you need to move some of my books around to cover different letters so you can post your book, go for it. It's all good.

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Thanks Jen! I have a C for 2nd puzzle.

message 25: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments However I will be posting it later tonight so if Ashy wants to post her review for Cracked Kingdom she can go right ahead.

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Sounds good!

I've got these as finished/banked books, but I will hold off posting.

Fearless Magic, Ash Princess

message 27: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Knock 'em Dead, just to let you know that Ereen has replied to my message to say that she will not be taking part now. I do have someone on the waiting list though, so I have messaged her to ask her if she would like to take the space.
I'll let you know when I know ☺

message 28: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Knock 'em Dead, Just to let you know that Sierra will be joining your team ☺
I will sort out points being transferred and everything in maybe an hour. You'll be able to use Sierra's books which she has already read to cross off letters on your current board or next two boards, you'll just need to let me know when you want to use them ☺

message 29: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Hello, I'm a little nervous. This is my first time on a serious team but, I'm very excited!

message 30: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Knock 'em Dead, I think I have switched everything around now ☺ Sierra's books are posted underneath your scores on the review thread, you'll just have to discuss and let me know how you'd like them using ☺

Ashy Khaira, and Jackie, could you please message me back if you see this comment? It's almost 24 hours since I've messaged you, so in another 24 hours I will be looking to replace you both.

message 31: by Sierra (last edited Aug 11, 2018 07:20AM) (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments I'm currently reading
Beartown By Fredrick Backman
Letters: B and F
The Time Traveler's Wife By Audrey Niffenegger
Letters: T, W, A, and N

message 32: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments I have a google doc of our board and letters and a hold area. Would you guys like me to share the link and we use it?

message 33: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 1467 comments I requested the thread for The 5th Wave to be reset. I just used the series thread. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 34: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Sweet, Thank you Slytherpuff. I will try to get to the rest of them this help but I'm not sure if ill be able to.

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Sierra, yes if you have a spreadsheet, please share it. It’s always nice to be organized.

Also, if you would like to post your reviews for your banked books for our second puzzle as best you can, that would be awesome!

message 36: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments I haven't but anything in there yet. I only have like 30mins of work left so I don't have time to do anything right now. I do also have the outsiders and the lion the witch and the wardrobe ready to get posted when I get time and I just finished the time travelers wife, I will just have to write my review when I get time. I will have time later to day.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t...

Go ahead and claim letters and also if you see a letter I have but you are farther in your book than me go ahead and move me around or even put it down for later if there isn't a spot

message 37: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Ooooops I take it back

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t...

silly me forgot to change it so you guys can edit it as well

message 38: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments I didn't know if you guys wanted me to use my books right away or saved all or like a few for like OH shit we have 1 or 2 letters and we aren't close to finishing a book

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Sierra, go ahead and post your books, but maybe leave the C for Sharon and the E for Ashy’s Cracked Kingdom. We can always move things around if we really need to (as long as we don’t do it too much). The rest of us can start to fill in the spreadsheet when we get a chance.

Welcome to the team!!

message 40: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Welcome to the team Sierra. Going to post confess now.

message 41: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments I am finishing up It’s Not Summer Without You

message 42: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Will do! and thank you! :D

message 43: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Sharon what would you like to take for Its Not Summer Without You do I don't take your spot?

message 44: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments This are the books I plan to read or try to get to this month, some of them have buddy reads others don't and there is a few that ive already read this month in there

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 45: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Sierra wrote: "Sharon what would you like to take for Its Not Summer Without You do I don't take your spot?"

I will take I in puzzle 2. If that’s okay

message 46: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Sharon wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Sharon what would you like to take for Its Not Summer Without You do I don't take your spot?"

I will take I in puzzle 2. If that’s okay"

That's fine I just didn't want to take yours

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments I've added the books that I've read or are almost completed with to the sheet.

I just started a book that will work for V, and one that will work for D, but since I just started them, it might take me a couple of days to finish them - so if someone else wants those letters, go for it!

message 48: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9816 comments Reading We’ll Always Have Summer next. Hopefully, we can get back into this challenge.

message 49: by Ashy Khaira (new)

Ashy Khaira (asreenkhaira) | 1558 comments again not sure where to post my books seeing as all letters are used up.....so help would be appreciated....if none i can just poof from the competition :)

message 50: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Knock 'em Dead, just to let you know that Jackie still hasn't gotten back to me, so I will be looking for a replacement member for you.

Thanks x

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.