YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Rabbit’s Foot (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 253 (253 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jul 31, 2018 02:04AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84165 comments Mod
Team Rabbit’s Foot:
Khungkhing ✔
~ Giulia ~ ✔
Mara ✔
GridGirl ✔
Kate ✔
Gabi ✔
Ellie ✔
Dylan
Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon ✔
Amilia ✔
Selma ✔
Lucy
Jaguane

Please let us know that you are ready to go by commenting here before August 1st ☺

message 3: by ellie (new)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments I am ready! Hello everyone!

message 4: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Hey everyone!! First time doing the mega month challenge and I'm sooooo excited!!

Let's go Team Rabbit's Foot!!! :D

message 5: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments Hi everyone! :)

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Yay! This is exciting!

message 7: by Mara (new)

Mara (mara97) | 468 comments Hi guys, Checking in!

Adding Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon, and Amilia to your team ☺

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments checking in :-)

message 10: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 1239 comments Hello everyone :)

message 11: by ~ Giulia ~ (last edited Jul 24, 2018 04:49AM) (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 1239 comments We got our board!

(47) Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

_ _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ by _ _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Letters needed: S, W, E, T, V, I, L, N, D, Y, H, G

NEXT BOARD - (16) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
NEXT BOARD - (79) Sabriel by Garth Nix

message 12: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Selma to your team ☺

message 13: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments Are we going to have a Google Document where we can write in what we plan to read etc? My team used this the last time I took part in a challenge like this :)

message 14: by Amilia (new)

Amilia (andy484) | 56 comments Checking in!!!

*¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (underjadeorchid) | 389 comments GridGirl wrote: "Are we going to have a Google Document where we can write in what we plan to read etc? My team used this the last time I took part in a challenge like this :)"

That's a good idea.

message 16: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments Does anyone have experience with this and could maybe set it up? This is only the second challenge I'm participating in, so I'm not too experienced with everything....

message 17: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 1239 comments I think we need someone with a google account?

message 18: by Mara (new)

Mara (mara97) | 468 comments I think so too? Like, you can share documents through Google Drive (which is supported by Gmail), but I have no idea how the document should look like, it's the second time for me too so...

message 19: by *¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (last edited Jul 27, 2018 04:38PM) (new)

*¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (underjadeorchid) | 389 comments @GirdGirl Do you still remember the data you input in that document?

Or we just have it one column for letters on the borad and next column for the book you plan to read for that letter?

message 20: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 1239 comments khungkhing wrote: "@GirdGirl Do you still remember the data you input in that document?

Or we just have it one column for letters on the borad and next column for the book you plan to read for that letter?"

Yes, something like that sounds good

LETTER | BOOK TITLE | NAME

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 526 comments I might have something that will work as I did a wheel of fortune type challenge last year. Let me have a look when I get home

message 22: by Selma (last edited Jul 27, 2018 09:03PM) (new)

Selma | 472 comments Hello everyone!

message 23: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments How many books are you guys planning on reading?

*¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (underjadeorchid) | 389 comments I plan to read 6 books in Buddy Read.

message 25: by Selma (last edited Jul 27, 2018 09:07PM) (new)

Selma | 472 comments I made a google sheets that we can all edit to keep track of who is reading what :) feel free to edit if you have a better idea as to how to structure it! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 26: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments @Selma: It looks great! I would suggest to add in another column for the amount of pages and another one where we can mark whether it'll be a buddy read or not. I'm also going to add a little legend that'll make it easier to see which books we're currently reading and what has been read already. If you don't like something I'm adding, just delete it again :)

I can't tell you how many books I'll actually manage to read this time, since my holidays start on the first and I'll have a work trip to France at the end of the month. Last time I managed to read 5 books, though :)

message 27: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments Do you guys know if the version we use for the page count has to be the original one, too?

message 28: by Mara (new)

Mara (mara97) | 468 comments GridGirl wrote: "Do you guys know if the version we use for the page count has to be the original one, too?"

Don't think so? Like, loads of my books are UK editions, which aren't the original ones. Plus there is paperback and hardback, and different languages (I know certain German editions have, like, 100 pages more than the original edition). Generally just jotting down your own page-count seems to best to me (unless it's a tipping point between an additional point, grab another edition).

message 29: by Mara (new)

Mara (mara97) | 468 comments To be honest, my reading plans lay between 5 books and 11 -- but most of them are pretty short (like an average of 250 pages per book short). It seems that I saved all the short books for August. (yet I have only a semi-decent letter coverage, I'm missing eight letters)

message 30: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments Mara wrote: "GridGirl wrote: "Do you guys know if the version we use for the page count has to be the original one, too?"

Don't think so? Like, loads of my books are UK editions, which aren't the original ones..."

I just wasn't sure, since we have to use the original title of the book if the regulations were the same for the page count...

message 31: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Lucy to your team ☺

message 32: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments GridGirl wrote: "Do you guys know if the version we use for the page count has to be the original one, too?"

I think only the original one counts if you're looking for letters for our board (like if the title is originally in Spanish, we can't use the letters in the English version's title), but you can use any version for the page points.

message 33: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Selma wrote: "I made a google sheets that we can all edit to keep track of who is reading what :) feel free to edit if you have a better idea as to how to structure it! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/......"

This looks beautiful, Selma! Thank you!

message 34: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments Sarah wrote: "Adding Lucy to your team ☺"

Thank you, Sarah! ;)

message 35: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 1239 comments Thanks Selma!

message 36: by Selma (new)

Selma | 472 comments GridGirl the spreadsheet looks so much better now, thank you!

message 37: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments Thank you, Selma! I'm glad you like it :)

@Everyone: I checked with Sarah and we're allowed to use whichever version we want for the page count.

message 38: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments @Khungking: I noticed you could use "The Sun is also a Star" by Nicole Yoon for I or N and could move "All your Perfects" from the second board to the first for Y :)

message 39: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments @Khungkhing: I don't think we can use books we started in July for the Challenge. I think we can let the pages count that we've read in August if we started a book early, but we can't use it for the letters...

message 40: by *¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (last edited Jul 30, 2018 05:02PM) (new)

*¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (underjadeorchid) | 389 comments @GridGirl Thanks 😊. I will remove it.

I might finish All Your Perfect in middle of the month. So I think by that time we may finish our first board ;-)

message 41: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Adding Jaguane to your team ☺

message 42: by ellie (new)

ellie (minsungellie) | 166 comments Do we have to put the books we read for this challenge in a new shelf?

message 43: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

You can if you want to, but you don't have to ☺ We won't check shelves ☺

message 44: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 622 comments Just wanted to let you know that I might not be starting A Conjuring of Light until the end of next week, so if anyone wants to take my spot for V, feel free to do so. Other than that, happy reading everyone! :)

message 45: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Hi guys checking in 😊

message 46: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Guys i can’t use the sheet could somebody tell me if L is taken and if not could I use clockwork angel for it? I just started it

*¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (underjadeorchid) | 389 comments @Mara: I plan to read History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera , too. You want to BR?

*¨·٠•●♥✿LINLAN✿♥●•٠·¨* (underjadeorchid) | 389 comments Jaguane wrote: "Guys i can’t use the sheet could somebody tell me if L is taken and if not could I use clockwork angel for it? I just started it"

L is taken. Only N and D are left in 1st board.
Clockwork Angel can use in 2nd board for letter 'A'. You want me to put it in for you?

message 49: by Gabi (new)

Gabi | 563 comments The challenge has officially started!!! Woot woot! Going to be starting The Dream Thieves today. G'luck to everyone! :)

message 50: by Jaguane (new)

Jaguane | 112 comments Khungkhing sure could you please and thanks

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.