YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Use Your Head (M) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 371 (371 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Klancy (last edited Jul 28, 2018 12:31PM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Klancy ✔️
Maddison ✔️
Lucia ✔️
Nicole’s Book Diaries ✔️
Shae ✔️
Jacquelyn ✔️
Himanshu ✔️

Link to review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Buddy Reads:

Aug 1 The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Aug 3 Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Aug 5 Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Aug 7 To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Checking in

message 3: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Hey Klancy!!

message 4: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Hey, Jacquelyn! Nice to be on the same team again :)

message 5: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Yeah, it’s been a while! I’m excited!

message 6: by Himanshu (new)

Himanshu Saliya (him186) | 120 comments Hii. everyone
And hey jacquelyn. Good to see you again.

message 7: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Hi Himanshu! Good to see you too!

I gave Maddie and Shae the link to this page, so they should see it in a few hours when they wake up. 😃

message 8: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I’m excited too!! Especially since it’s The Wheel of Fortune. I love that show 🤣 And hi, Himanshu! Welcome to the team!

message 9: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Yeah! I think it’s a really creative concept!

message 10: by Himanshu (new)

Himanshu Saliya (him186) | 120 comments Klancy wrote: "I’m excited too!! Especially since it’s The Wheel of Fortune. I love that show 🤣 And hi, Himanshu! Welcome to the team!"

Thanks klancy and soo excited for these.

message 11: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46290 comments Mod
HIIII GUYS! :D

We are going to do so well next month I am so excited!! Going to really push myself during a readathon first week and also last 11 days of the month when I don't have uni
I do have a test 4th August though 😕
Which is going to be really tough.

BUT I WILL READ HEAPS! And I'm going to get super competitive so be prepared for me to get pushy. I didn't realise there would be so many bloody medium teams! It's insane!

message 12: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Hi, Maddison!! :) That’s so cool you’re doing a readathon. They definitely help to push me to read more. I usually read about 7 books a month, but I really want to push myself for this challenge so feel free to be pushy with me. XD

But I know. A lot of people signed up for medium teams this time. I think it’s because sometimes the people who sign up for just for fun don’t participate

message 13: by Maddie (new)

And also because this is MMC and everyone's really excited.

Yeah I'll push you I'm good to do that :p

message 14: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments *cough* (Some people in medium teams don’t participate either) *cough* 😅

message 15: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "*cough* (Some people in medium teams don’t participate either) *cough* 😅"

Trueeee 🤣

message 16: by Maddie (new)

Actually majority of them XD Particularly new people. The people I recognise are all fine with participating, probably because I recognise them due to their level of participation, but the others. Hhhmmmm. Take this month. Jackie has given us 3 points...

message 17: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments (Btw she isn’t talking about me when she said Jackie)

message 18: by Maddie (new)

XD Sorry for the confusion!

message 19: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Checking in :)

message 20: by Maddie (new)

Hey!

So what are your plans for the month guys?

message 21: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments •Lucia• wrote: "Checking in :)"

Welcome to the team! :)

I’ve been wanting to read Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas for a long time now, so I’m hoping I’ll get the chance to read it this month. Other than that, I don’t really have a plan yet. 😬 What about you guys?

message 22: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments I’ve really been wanting to read Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder
Other than that, I have no idea hahaha

message 23: by Maddie (new)

Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent Must be so nice not to have plans guys XD I haven't planned reads like I have next month for so long and it's already stressing me out, but it's the motivation I need.

I also really wanna read Poison Study!

Right, my plans:
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Siege and Storm (Grisha Verse, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3) by L.J. Smith Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent
the rest of Wideacre (The Wideacre Trilogy, #1) by Philippa Gregory (so majority of it XD) and also the rest of Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

Now for my audios:
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2) by Jenny Han We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3) by Jenny Han Confess by Colleen Hoover

message 24: by Maddie (new)

I won't get to all of those physicals, no way, but they're all priorities so I'll just start from the start XD

I should also get through more audios than that, that's just a starting point.

message 25: by Maddie (new)

Klancy you can jump in on the BR for Heir of Fire, as it's a series BR for the Throne of Glass books. I think Nicole's also planning on reading them, and maybe Shae? At least the first 2. We're desperately trying to read them all before Kingdom of Ash comes out.

message 26: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments And I’m going to try to br them as well

message 27: by Himanshu (new)

Himanshu Saliya (him186) | 120 comments I am also going try my best in August.

message 28: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Thanks Himanshu, we appreciate that. 😊

message 29: by Shae (new)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments checking in :)

message 30: by Jacquelyn (new)

Jacquelyn Simon (jacquelynrose94) | 2171 comments Hey Shae! 😃

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Yay for the brs xD it's all i really read otherwise I dont think it's worth it.

And yay for a full team! Just need nicole I'll message her now

message 32: by Maddie (new)

I've just included a list of how the challenge works on the Review thread, copied it from the explanation.

message 33: by Klancy (last edited Jul 24, 2018 04:59AM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Maddison wrote: "Klancy you can jump in on the BR for Heir of Fire, as it's a series BR for the Throne of Glass books. I think Nicole's also planning on reading them, and maybe Shae? At least the first 2. We're des..."

Perfect, thanks! I’ll definitely BR Heir of Fire! I’ve also been wanting to read Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken and Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo so we could BR them for our board 👌🏻 It looks like there are BRs planned for Six of Crows and Darkest Minds, so we would just need to request for Shadow and Bone

Also, when BRs are confirmed, I can post links to the chats on my first post in this thread to make it easier for everyone to find them if they want to join in later

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Nope there's threads for them all :)

Oh that's a good idea! :D

DM: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Grishaverse: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Throne of Glass: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

We are just reading Six of Crows on the Grisha thread we think. It's the same universe.

message 35: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I added all the threads and dates to my first post!

message 36: by Klancy (last edited Jul 24, 2018 10:17AM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I’ve also been wanting to read To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo if anyone wants to BR it with me!

Also, do you guys think we should make an excel sheet to keep track of what everyone is reading for each letter??

message 37: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Klancy wrote: "I’ve also been wanting to read To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo if anyone wants to BR it with me!

Also, do you guys think we should make an excel sheet to keep track of what everyone is read..."

I can BR it with you!

message 38: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments •Lucia• wrote: "Klancy wrote: "I’ve also been wanting to read To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo if anyone wants to BR it with me!

Also, do you guys think we should make an excel sheet to keep track of what e..."

Awesome! :) Would you be good to start Aug 7?

message 39: by Em⋆ (new)

Em⋆ | 674 comments Klancy wrote: "•Lucia• wrote: "Klancy wrote: "I’ve also been wanting to read To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo if anyone wants to BR it with me!

Also, do you guys think we should make an excel sheet to keep..."

Sure! The 7th is good :)

message 40: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Yay! I’ll request a thread 👌🏻

message 41: by Maddie (new)

Yay I love how easy it is to chat with you guys <3

And I'm not sure when I'll be reading ToG, but it won't be the 5th. At least I know that the thread will be ongoing so I can start anytime XD

I like the idea of an Excel sheet, that way people can claim letters, as we're only allowed one letter per word. I believe we can bank letters though if we need to, so if there is a double-up we can save it. I am also willing to branch out a bit through my audios if we need some harder letters filled.

message 42: by Maddie (last edited Jul 24, 2018 01:14PM) (new)

I would also like to take J in Jandy with the J in Jenny Han. It's my first audio of the month, hoping to get it done that same day. Also I'll be starting around 19 hours ahead of you guys or something like that because of time zone differences, so I should have points up before anyone else even starts :D

Also sucks that my first physical can only tick off one letter XD TDMAB only appear once each in our first set. Hopefully someone can get to an E!

message 43: by Maddie (new)

Also looks like I'm going to have to bank Shadow and Bone (and possibly Siege and Storm) as they're both the same letters in title and author. Depends what's left when I get to them. It'll be a while, and I'm hoping to speed through these sets guys!

message 44: by Klancy (last edited Jul 24, 2018 01:45PM) (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Maddison wrote: "I would also like to take J in Jandy with the J in Jenny Han. It's my first audio of the month, hoping to get it done that same day. Also I'll be starting around 19 hours ahead of you guys or somet..."

Oh, yes! We’ll be able to start early :)

I made a rough excel sheet. Basically, I labeled the first two boards and the letters we need to complete them. I left 3 spaces beneath each letter just in case multiple of us on the team end up buddy reading a book together. But feel free to start filling in letters you want to claim! This is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

I’m also including the second and third boards so we can track which books we’re banking. Let me know if the link doesn’t work!

message 45: by Maddie (new)

The link works, and I just requested access to edit it :)

I'm going to ask Sarah if we need to count one book for all of the letters, because with all of the BRs that we will be doing, we'll have too many banked books... And if we only count for one letter rather than all of the s's (say) then we'll get more points.

message 46: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Maddison, have you heard anything from Nicole?

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments I'm here! Sorry guys. I'm super busy with school. I will be more active in August!

message 48: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Nicole's Book Diaires wrote: "I'm here! Sorry guys. I'm super busy with school. I will be more active in August!"

No worries! School is important 🤗

message 49: by Maddie (new)

Sorry I disappeared, I must have missed a notification.

So what's everyone else reading? Have they put their books into the ss?

message 50: by Maddie (last edited Jul 30, 2018 12:58PM) (new)

Added my books to the spreadsheet. Can't wait for tomorrow I'll be finishing up my first audio before anyone else gets to the start time XD I'm 19hr ahead I think.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.