Goodreads Ireland discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Monthly Group Read Nominations > August Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bookworm with Kids This month the theme will be heat - the book can be set during a heatwave or in summertime or in a hot country or the main theme can be about work in a hot environment, etc. Please ensure the book is currently in commercial print and available widely to ensure all members can participate.

Please remember:
1. People may only nominate one book.
2. All nominations must be seconded.
3. You can nominate a book or second a book not both.
4. If the book you nominate wins, you must lead the discussion.
5. Authors may not self nominate.

Nominations shall close at midday GMT on Thursday 26th July. For those outside Ireland:

New York: 7.00am
LA: 4.00am Sydney: 11.00pm, 27th July

message 2: by Bookworm with Kids (last edited Jul 21, 2018 06:51AM) (new)

Bookworm with Kids To get the ball rolling, I am going to nominate Frog Music by Emma Donoghue. This is set during a heat wave in San Francisco in 1876.

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare O'Beara | 148 comments Twelve Mile Limit Twelve Mile Limit (Doc Ford, #9) by Randy Wayne White

Marine biology, swimming in Florida, Central American jungle, pollution, threatened pink dolphins...

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4707 comments I'd like to nominate The Dry byJane Harper. I felt the heat.

Bookworm with Kids Susan, The Dry would be perfect for this but we read it for our April group read! I could really feel the sapping heat in it as well, it was almost another character. Can you nominate another book instead?

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 1205 comments I will second Frog Music

Bookworm with Kids Thanks, Colleen!

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4707 comments It's the heat, Bookworm. It went right to my head. Sorry.

message 10: by SueLucie (new)

SueLucie | 72 comments If there's still time, I'd be happy to second Instructions for a Heatwave

Bookworm with Kids Brilliant! We now have 2 books for our poll. I will set it up tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.