What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Gallegher: And Other Stories
This topic is about Gallegher
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book from the late 70s early 80s, a who done it mystery series about a young boy named Gulliver, who's dream is to become the greatest investigative reporter, uses his skills to solve mysteries in his home town. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher | 3 comments I am looking for the name of a children's book series where a young boy by the name of gulliver, who wants to be a top notch news reporter, solves mysteries in his home town by using inevestigative journalism.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Christopher, please add some plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for children's books.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jul 21, 2018 03:12PM) (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
A guess - The Mystery of the Timber Giant by Fran Striker? "Gulliver" appears in the chapter titles:

(view spoiler)

Source: http://www.worldcat.org/title/mystery...

message 4: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher | 3 comments That is the Tom Quest series.

The book series i am looking for is one that we read in elementry school. I was born in 72 so that places it late 70s early 80s. Disney also made a tv series from these books. The really only things i can remember is that Gulliver always wore a wide brim hat with a piece of paper stuck in the hatband reading, "Press". When he was investigating and getting information from the town's folk, when they started saying what they thought, he would stop them and say something about him being a reporter and only deals in the facts.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16997 comments You were close! It was Gallegher, not Gulliver.

Gallegher: And Other Stories

message 6: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher | 3 comments Rainbowheart, you're a saint!

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16997 comments Glad to help out! :)