Cosmo Readers discussion

#CosmoReadathon Round 3 // TBR and Progress

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie // Callisto (mariecallisto) | 83 comments Mod
Hey!
Post your TBR pile here and track your progress during the readathon. I hope you like the challenges and I am excited to see your choices for all the challenges.

There's a list for the first challenge in the "everything you need to know" thread. There are about 50 books you can pick from, but I'm assuming that there will be some books that are more popular than others. If they weren't book of the month yet, I could open a discussion thread for each book, that is read by more than one person. That way you could combine the first challenge and the last challenge (buddy read), if you liked.
Please tell me how you like the idea and how you like the challenges. If there are any questions feel free to ask them in the thread with all the information.

I'll post my TBR soon, but there are several readathons coming up, so I am not sure yet, which books I am gonna read for #CosmoReadathon :)

Have fun!

message 2: by Ana Silva (new)

Ana Silva (anapatriciasilva13) Hi! I'm totally in!

I will read "Cress" (Marissa Meyer), "A Monster Calls" (Patrick Ness) and "A Christmas Carol"

I'm looking for a buddy! If someone else is thinking in read "A Monster Calls" too, I'm in for the buddy read :)

message 3: by Nadia (new)

Nadia Batista (booksbynadia) Also in!

TBR:

The Map of Time (Trilogía Victoriana, #1) by Félix J. Palma The Orange Girl by Jostein Gaarder

message 4: by Marie (new)

This is my TBR in order of the challenges:
>The Woman in the Window (For the poll challenges as well as for the song lyric challenge. Song "Living Room" by Regan and Sara)
>For now, it looks like I'm going to skip the book set in a completely different environment
>Notes from Underground Short book, but I started it ages ago and it went way over my head
>The Wind in the Willows
Gemina

The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman

message 5: by Vivi (last edited Aug 29, 2018 08:04AM) (new)

Vivi | 22 comments Hi,
I want to participate too...I'll probably only be able to read 2 books.

Dates: August 17th-19th and August 24th-26th!

Challenges/TBR:

1. Read any book that has been featured in a Cosmo Readers poll previously (or a book from the "Honorable Mentions"-shelf) - The Darkest Minds

✔ 2. Read a book that suits a song lyric. rock ★★★☆☆- Read 155 pages from August 17th to 19th. My Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Song Lyrics:
"Through the storm we reach the shore
You give it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you
With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you"
(U2-With or without you)

✔ 5. Read a book that reminds you of your childhood - (My childood was marked by fairytales and stories, so maybe a fairytale retelling?!) -Unhooked ★★★★☆- Read 220 pages from August 24th to 26th. My Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken rock by Anyta Sunday Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell

message 6: by Ancaar (new)

Ancaar | 8 comments So heres my TBR

1. Assassins Apprentice

2. (haven't found anything yet, will decide spontanously)

3. Obsidio or Artemis

4. Frankenstein

5. Ronja Rövardotter

6. Gemina

message 7: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 3 comments My TBR is
Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) by Kendare Blake Ignite the Stars by Maura Milan The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black A Spark of White Fire (The Celestial Trilogy #1) by Sangu Mandanna
Would welcome a buddy for any of these!

message 8: by Marie (new)

I am having the best of luck with my own readathons. Somehow I catched a cold and I don't feel like reading at all, but here's what I've read so far.
Day 1: 54 pages of The Devil's Elixirs which was not on my TBR but I am counting it as the one set in an different environment, because it's set at court in the past.
Day 2: 43 pages of The Woman in the Window

Pages read in total: 97 pages

I hope you're doing well and have fun! :)

message 9: by Ruthsic (last edited Aug 19, 2018 11:11AM) (new)

Ruthsic | 3 comments Finished the first two challenges, with Scythe and The Light Between Worlds respectively.
Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth
Pages read: 768

message 10: by Ancaar (last edited Aug 20, 2018 01:19AM) (new)

Ancaar | 8 comments I didn't read a lot as well...

A court of Frost an Starlight: 87 pages

The Colour of Magic: 63 pages

Read in total: 150 pages

They weren't on my TBR to be honest but I wanted to finish them first before starting another book... :)

message 11: by Vivi (last edited Aug 22, 2018 04:32AM) (new)

Vivi | 22 comments Finished my Challenge #2:

Read rock for a book that fits a Song Lyric: "With or without you. I can't live...With or without you" (Song: With or without you by U2)

I Read 155 pages in August 17th-19th. Finished the book and rated it 3.8 stars. Here's the link to my Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Books Read: 1
Pages Read in total: 155

message 12: by Ancaar (new)

Ancaar | 8 comments I've read Gemina August 24-26 so pages read in total were 659 and one book finished. :)

message 13: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 22 comments Finished my Challenge #5:

Read Unhooked for a book that reminds you of your childhood - (My childood was marked by fairytales and stories, so I've read a fairytale retelling)

I Read 220 pages in August 24th-26th. Finished the book and rated it 4 stars. Here's the link to my Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Books Read: 2
Pages Read in total: 375