Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #1)
This topic is about Into the Drowning Deep
Archives > Into the Drowning Deep, by Mira Grant

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Beth | 134 comments From the Goodreads summary:

Seven years ago, the Atargatis set off on a voyage to the Mariana Trench to film a "mockumentary" bringing to life ancient sea creatures of legend. It was lost at sea with all hands. Some have called it a hoax; others have called it a maritime tragedy.

Now, a new crew has been assembled. But this time they're not out to entertain. Some seek to validate their life's work. Some seek the greatest hunt of all. Some seek the truth. But for the ambitious young scientist Victoria Stewart this is a voyage to uncover the fate of the sister she lost.

Whatever the truth may be, it will only be found below the waves.

But the secrets of the deep come with a price.

I don't give a lot of 5-star ratings, but god I enjoyed this book... It's not an 'important' book (which is often the thing that pushes a book to 5-stars for me), but it was everything I wanted it to be: suspenseful, surprising, well-written, and entertaining. I enjoyed that the author told the story from a wide variety of perspectives, some unexpected.

I also read the prequel to this (Rolling in the Deep) and while it was fine, I did not enjoy it as much as this one. I think it was too short to really develop much of an attachment to the characters. If you were going to read both, I would definitely recommend starting with this one.

message 2: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (last edited Jul 28, 2018 06:41AM) (new) - added it

Laura | 3783 comments Mod
This sounds interesting! I'm not a big sci-fi reader but this seems to have enough horror elements to be intriguing. I knew I recognized the author name but I never got around to reading the Feed series. Adding this to my TBR!

message 3: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 932 comments My husband just picked this up from the library. I do t have a book picked for sure in the “on or under water” category, so if he likes it I might give it a try!

Emma (factandfable) | 182 comments I picked it up for the "on or under water category" this year, and really enjoyed it!

Beth | 134 comments Kindle version (U.S.) on sale today for only $2.99! https://t.co/Fo9fGGw9fv