What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Never Hero (Chronicles of Jonathan Tibbs, #1)
This topic is about The Never Hero
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy, a guy is chosen as a champion for earth after the previous one dies and he has to fight aliens possibly; he was a college student. [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean (last edited Jul 28, 2018 12:21AM) (new)

Sean | 24 comments I think I read this book between 2012 and 2013 but its hard to say for sure book is definitely YA fantasy.
okay so basically this whoooole thing is a spoiler after this point so yeah fair warning

I remember there being some kind of almost time travel thing that wasn't time travel more like the reversal of specific events. also this was caused by some really mysterious person who shows up after the previous like champion of earth or whatever dies and a huge amount of destruction occurs he if i remember correctly basically wipes that champion's existence from time. and then this guy who was a super nerd got SUPER buff to fight these aliens that he was told about by some guy who was effectively a recruiter for combat between earth and these aliens who was also the guy who erased the previous champions existence out. if I remember correctly the protagonist learns about the threat after his I believe dorm room is attacked and several of his friends are killed. I think that it was effectively supposed to be one on one combat between an earth champion and an alien foe.

message 2: by Nóinín (new)

Nóinín (fagurfifill) | 168 comments The setting reminds me of a podiobook I recently dipped into at Scribl: This Paper World by Jeff Lane

I didn't get very far into the story, though, so I won't be able to tell you much about the story.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6966 comments Mod
Ted Saves the World possibly?

message 4: by Alicja (new)

Alicja | 3 comments "Ender's game" maybe

message 5: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments Alicja wrote: ""Ender's game" maybe"

definitely not ender's game though I do love that book series especially the first two thanks though!!!

message 6: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Ted Saves the World possibly?"
its possible very possible even ill get back to you for sure once I read it thanks!

message 7: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments Nóinín wrote: "The setting reminds me of a podiobook I recently dipped into at Scribl: This Paper World by Jeff Lane

I didn't get very far into the story, though, so I won't be able to tell you much abo..."

I don't think this is it though that does look like quite an interesting read thanks for the help anyway though!

message 8: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Ted Saves the World possibly?"

okay just started reading it I am certain this book isnt the one I was looking for it is quite good though also I think i did a poor job describing the book in my summary so I am gonna change that up a bit and see if that helps thanks again!

message 9: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe | 16 comments sounds a bit like the never hero by T. Ellery HodgesThe Never Hero

message 10: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments Jay wrote: "It's been a while since I read it but it sounds a bit like I Am Number Four?"

definitely not I am number four that's a good book series though I should go finish it...

message 11: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments Joe wrote: "sounds a bit like the never hero by T. Ellery HodgesThe Never Hero"

I think that might be it!!!!!! thank you so much!!! I will let you know for sure in a few hours once I have had a chance to read it

message 12: by Sean (new)

Sean | 24 comments Joe wrote: "sounds a bit like the never hero by T. Ellery HodgesThe Never Hero"
this is definitely it thank you so much!!!

message 13: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe | 16 comments glad I could help