What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Horror story anthology, a story about a paranoid man and scary lightning bugs

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scarlett (last edited Aug 03, 2018 12:35AM) (new)

Scarlett O.H. | 5 comments I am looking for a horror story in an anthology, possibly from the eighties about a man that gets increasingly paranoid about some kind of bugs that come out during storms and also live in a broom (if I remember correctly) It had a surprise ending and completely freaked me out (I was 11 or 12 while reading this in a library book in the early nineties) I have only vague memories about the plot but I have been searching for a long time and I hope somebody recognizes the elements of this story and can help me.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
What age group was the book targeted for? Tween, young adult, adult? Was the book relatively new at the time?

message 3: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett O.H. | 5 comments It was an adult horror anthology with 15 to 20 stories in it.

message 4: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett O.H. | 5 comments It was not very new when I borowed it from the library in the 90's thats why I think it was an eighties book. Possibly this book had a picture of meat and a knive on the cover, but that could also have been another anthology, I was reading a lot of them in my early teens :-) If only I would have had Goodreads since I started reading books! haha.

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Still looking for this? The cover makes me think it might be The Year's Best Horror Stories No. 2.

message 6: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett O.H. | 5 comments Hi Werewolf,

Thanks for your tip, It could be the one.
I will try to find this anthology and check it out.