You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Buddy Reads > The Core (Demon Cycle #5)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 208 (208 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments The Core is the last book in the Demon Cycle series. A number of us will be reading it in September.

Feel free to join in!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Any preference on dates?

message 3: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments Yay!

I don't mind when we start. Early September would be better for me as I'm away for 4 days later (21-24) and can't take the book with me. But no worries if we read it later, I'll just have to put it on hold for a few days.

message 4: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments I prefer early September as well since we have Labor Day off, more time to read, hopefully. I have my father in law and husband’s birthdays on the 1st and 5th. :)

message 5: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments It does no matter to me, so I will go with the majority. :o)

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Early September is also good for me.

message 7: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10290 comments Doesn't make a lot of difference, just let know ;-)

message 8: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments I bought the book today, so I am ready to start. Let me know!

message 9: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments It is almost September!!!

message 10: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments It is! I almost forgot!

When shall we start? Would the 3rd work for everyone?

message 11: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10290 comments 3rd is good for me Peggy.

I am so looking forward to this book but I'm also a little sad to be finishing the series :-( I have really enjoyed reading the series with you guys. It was a great idea (Peggys I think?) to read the entire series within a year. I have a habit of starting a series and never completing it. Mind you, there are so few fantasy series that are complete!

message 12: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments It definitely helps that this series was finished before we started. I tend to forget a lot of details when I leave too much time between books, so I also really enjoyed reading them with a few months in between.

message 13: by Cherie (last edited Aug 22, 2018 02:26PM) (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments The 3rd is good for me. I just finished a ZZ challenge book and I am now going to finish my last Freida Klein series book that I have been waiting to get to.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments That's good for me. I'll put my other book on hold for this one. I'll have to take a photo and upload it of my signed hardback. :-)

message 15: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments It is good with me. I’m on vacation the first week of September. So, this will work perfectly.

message 16: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments I read the prologue and the first chapter. I feel sucked in right away!

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4619 comments Peggy wrote: "
(view spoiler)

message 18: by Sarah (last edited Sep 03, 2018 09:25AM) (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments I've read the same as you Peggy. (view spoiler)

An exciting start. Well, I'm excited to get started with the book. But it also pulls you in straight away.

message 19: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments I read to the first break in Chapter 3.

Whew! Prologue (view spoiler)

Ch 1 and 2(view spoiler)

message 20: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10290 comments I will start today. I don't suppose this will impact on my enjoyment of the story but my audio book cover pictures the most unscary demon I could imagine:

The Core (The Demon Cycle, #5) by Peter V. Brett

message 21: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments Haha, I have the same cover (paperback) Margo. I'm going to use it for the black cover task in the ZZ challenge, so I'm happy I have this one.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments My hardback version has that image on the dustjacket but underneath is the beautiful lady that I assume is Leesha (dressed in blue).

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments I am pleased to get to see what the demon looks like. The books have done well to describe what each of the demons look like. I have vivid images in my head but it's also god to see what the author intended for at least this demon that we get to know in this final book.

message 24: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments Cool cover, Margo. My ebook has the lady in blue for the cover.

Re Rojer (view spoiler)

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments I'm fully immersed now. I'm somewhere in chapter 6 (view spoiler) I'll come back and comment more tomorrow. Today has been a long day. I'm loving it though.

message 26: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments I finished chapter 5. I don't like (view spoiler)

message 27: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10290 comments I'm not finding much time for reading at the moment but I did get to listen to the prologue

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Definitely Peggy. Perhaps I was going easy on them (view spoiler)

message 29: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments I’m finishing up a couple books and will get to this in a day or two.

message 30: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10290 comments Got sucked right into the story last night and am at the end of chapter 4 so it's time to take a look at some spoilers :-D
(view spoiler)

message 31: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10290 comments Cherie wrote: "I read to the first break in Chapter 3.

Whew! Prologue [spoilers removed]

Ch 1 and 2[spoilers removed]"

Haha Cherie, good point (view spoiler)

Re Rojer (view spoiler)

message 32: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments Margo, I don't think (view spoiler)

message 33: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments Sarah wrote: "Definitely Peggy. Perhaps I was going easy on them it does "

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Peggy(view spoiler)

message 35: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments I did not get a chance to read any more in this one last night. I wanted to finish my ZZ challenge book to apply for my badge. Done now, so I can skip between The Core and my monthly challenge book.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Oh my! Just finished chapter 12. (view spoiler)

message 37: by Cherie (last edited Sep 05, 2018 01:41PM) (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments I finished reading chapter 3 at lunch time. That was a lot of information! I really admire Arther. (view spoiler)

message 38: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments I think Brett has made up (view spoiler)

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments You're right Peggy. He's made up slang terms, cuss words, and regular expressions for the different cultures (view spoiler)

message 40: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments Peggy wrote: "I think Brett has made up (view spoiler)..."

Oh, I am falling off of my chair laughing, Peggy! (view spoiler)

message 41: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10290 comments Peggy wrote: "Margo, I don't think [spoilers removed]"

Thanks Peggy, (view spoiler)

Re chapter 3: the banter was really funny but Peggys comment has me in knots with laughter LOLOLOL

message 42: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10290 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

message 43: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments Following on from my chapter 12 spoiler (view spoiler)

message 44: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments Not related to the book, but I've really enjoyed reading this entire series with (almost) the same group of people, with a few months in between books.

It would be nice to do it again, with another (fantasy) series, if anyone's up for that?

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18231 comments A big yes! We'll have to find something that takes all our fancy. Maybe we could discuss ideas in the buddy read thread.

message 46: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments Great!

Yes, I was thinking the same. Or perhaps set up a separate thread, because I think it would take quite a few posts and some time to decide. I can set up something for it tomorrow, assuming more people would like to do this.

message 47: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments I’m starting The Core (The Demon Cycle, #5) by Peter V. Brett (my book cover) today. I finished my two books. ;)

message 48: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2934 comments Peggy wrote: "Great!

Yes, I was thinking the same. Or perhaps set up a separate thread, because I think it would take quite a few posts and some time to decide. I can set up something for it tomorrow, assuming ..."

Sounds interesting. Please don’t pick Game of Thrones. LOL

message 49: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15595 comments Lol, I'd say that's too chunky and too unfinished ;-)

message 50: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20699 comments I just finished chapter 5. That was a long one. Briar is quite the character. I admire him and feel sad for him at the same time. He is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Everyone wants to use him.

I will adds some more thoughts about the chapter tomorrow. I'm really tired and going to bed now.

« previous 1 3 4 5