Play Book Tag discussion

Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1)
This topic is about Wool Omnibus
July 2018: Dystopian > Decathlon Buddy Read: Wool (The Omnibus) by Hugh Howey 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1663 comments Decathlon Buddy Read
Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey
5 stars

I really loved it! The more that I read dystopian, fantasy, and sci-fi the more I'm really starting to fall in love with those genres. I used to be stuck on just a handful of authors in the mystery genre and I'm so glad that the end of last year and this year I've been working to branch out and try all the other genres.

The story follows a group of people and the solitary live they've been forced to believe in in a silo that goes deep into the ground. Being in IT, I LOVED that IT was the villain. It's definitely something that I don't think is very far from the truth, even in today's society. We are so wrapped up in our technology that a lot of the population is gullible enough to believe whatever appears on the screen in their hand. In the Silo, IT is even more stringent about how much news and gossip gets out... they basically do everything they can to suppress free thinkers.

(view spoiler)

I'm so glad I joined this buddy read on a whim. It was basically because I found the book for free for my kindle and thought... why not. It got me out of my reading slump that I fell into in June.

LibraryCin | 9081 comments I will hold off on reading your spoilers until I am completely finished! I'm so glad I suggested this as a buddy read and it was able to get you out of your slump!