What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Between the Lives
This topic is about Between the Lives
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA - Girl has two names/personalities but doesn’t know which is real. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei | 4 comments I thought I already posted this, but it’s not showing up. Sorry if it’s a repeat!

I saw this book when I was browsing in a bookstore. It was at the end of the section, so the author’s last name has to be close to the end of the alphabet. I looked up reviews, and I thought I had the title saved to get later.

From what I remember.... A teenage girl has one life/name/personality but she also experiences a different life in maybe a different reality. Maybe she goes to sleep in one world and wakes up in the other? The lives are very different, and one starts negatively affecting the other. It’s possible that the book was dealing with mental illness, but it wasn’t sci-fi. Those are the types of books that always come up when I search, but I don’t remember any connection to that genre.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Here are a few possibilities:
Between the Lives
3:59

If it's not one of those, maybe it'll be on this list? https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...

message 3: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei | 4 comments I have been searching for this for over a year, and I think you may have gotten me to the right place. Between the Lives sounds possible, but one of the reviews for that mentioned Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Rob Bass. I think that might be it! I’m going to check them both out.

(Also, thanks for the link on parallel universe stories. I’m not very good at using this site yet, but that looks like a fun rabbit hole to explore!)

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36585 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz - https://books.google.com/books?id=UEK... There are different cover images.

message 5: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei | 4 comments Thanks! I read it right away, and it seems to be just what I was looking for. The ending was a bit unsatisfying, but I can live with that. I'm trying to track down an electronic version of Between the Lives now.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Just to confirm, should be mark your request as Solved or Possibly Solved for Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington?

message 7: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei | 4 comments Yes, please! Solved.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Great! Glad you found your book, Lorelei.