What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Big Joke Game
This topic is about The Big Joke Game
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Sci fi book about mathematical dimensions, an imp, and a roller coaster. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryDanielle | 9 comments From a friend:

I was wondering if anyone can possibly remember the title/author of a book I read about 4 decades ago?

It was about a boy who got transported to some kind of alternate mathematics dimension and got tour-guided around by a satanic imp named Jokey, and it involved a roller coaster at one point.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I've been trying to find it again for years and no dice so far. Just thought I'd throw this out here on the off chance that someone else might have read it at some point. Thanks :D

So a science fiction book written in the 70's or 80's. Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (swynn68) | 81 comments I have no suggestions, but I'm interested.

Alex Kasman maintains a website "Mathematical Fiction" devoted to math-themed fiction:
http://kasmana.people.cofc.edu/MATHFICT/

Your book sounds like a juvenile, so I browsed through the "Children's" category at "Mathematical Fiction" but didn't see any likely candidates, except possibly some Russian works which may never have been translated into English.

What was the target audience for your book? Am I right in thinking you would have read it in English?

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2512 comments The Big Joke Game by Scott Corbett.

LibraryDanielle | 9 comments bookel wrote: "The Big Joke Game by Scott Corbett."

This was it. Thank you.

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2512 comments Children's fiction, not adult.