Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)
This topic is about Always and Forever, Lara Jean
Previous BRs - Authors; E - H > Han, Jenny--Always and Forever, Lara Jean informal buddy read starts July 7, 2018

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31626 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han.

Synopsis
Lara Jean is having the best senior year. And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.

Life couldn’t be more perfect!

At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks…until she gets some unexpected news.

Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1951 comments My copy should be in in 10 days.

message 5: by Laura (last edited Jul 07, 2018 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura | 9707 comments I've started ( and will come back Maritza to chat with you)

Through chapter 4
(view spoiler)
Looking forward to reading more

Laura | 9707 comments through chapter 11
(view spoiler)

message 7: by Sarah (last edited Jul 09, 2018 10:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah | 1712 comments I'm somewhere in chapter 11, so I think I can read your spoilers now, Laura. ;)

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Laura (last edited Jul 08, 2018 11:10AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura | 9707 comments @Sarah
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Sarah (last edited Jul 08, 2018 11:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah | 1712 comments Laura wrote: "@Sarah
(view spoiler)"

Lol!

Laura | 9707 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

message 11: by Claire (last edited Jul 09, 2018 02:26AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Claire  | 3800 comments I'm starting this now. I'm glad there's a buddy read for the last book in the trilogy. It gives me motivation to finish the series :)

Sarah | 1712 comments I've finished chapter 18.

(view spoiler)

Laura | 9707 comments @ Sarah
(view spoiler)

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1951 comments Just got copy and i see that Lara Jean and Peter are still going strong. Glad to see them getting out and enjoying each other. Maybe he was the best choice for her.

Sarah | 1712 comments Laura wrote: "@ Sarah
(view spoiler)"

(view spoiler)

Sarah | 1712 comments Maritza wrote: "Just got copy and i see that Lara Jean and Peter are still going strong. Glad to see them getting out and enjoying each other. Maybe he was the best choice for her."

I liked Peter a lot more in this book! I've come around to him and Lara Jean as a couple.

Sarah | 1712 comments Laura wrote: "Finished
(view spoiler) "

(view spoiler)

Laura | 9707 comments Sarah wrote: "Laura wrote: "@ Sarah
[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Laura | 9707 comments Sarah wrote: "Laura wrote: "Finished
[spoilers removed] "

..."

(view spoiler)

A movie based on To All the Boys I 've Loved.... is coming to Netflix!! Yeah!

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1951 comments Laura wrote: "I've started ( and will come back Maritza to chat with you)

Through chapter 4

I can sympathize with Lara Jean worrying about acceptance into college as my son just went through this in the fall/w..."

I think that Lara Jean is an old soul that is why she worries so much about all things. She is an innocent romantic and I hope everything goes smoothly for her.

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1951 comments Laura wrote: "through chapter 11
Oh no, I knew Lara Jean wasn't going to get accepted into the college of her choice. How devastating. I love how supportive her family is when she finds out that she hasn't been..."

I had some of the same thoughts. I am glad that their dad is getting his HEA. I felt that Lara Jean put too much emphasis on the school she wanted and did not leave possibilty for something else. Margot is just hurt as she is the oldest and would most remember her mother.

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1951 comments Laura wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Laura wrote: "Finished
[spoilers removed] "

..."
It was a sweet ending wasn't it? I did like it and agree I am happy that decided to do their own thing and still be together.
At ..."

Oh my God I loved jt. What an ending and yet a beginning. I am glad they are going to try to make it work. I have tears in my eyes and my heart is aflutter.

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 1951 comments Sarah wrote: "Laura wrote: "@ Sarah
[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

I see her as a mom. Baking and comforting her family.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jenny Han (other topics)