What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Time Travelers (The Gideon Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Time Travelers
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Science Fiction: girl and boy stuck in past due to time travel. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elisha (new)

Elisha | 2 comments Read around 2011-2013, was maybe published around then as well.

It's about a boy and girl who get sent/stuck in the past and meet some guy that tries to help them out by trying to get the device that sent them back in time fixed, while in the future one of the kids father is trying to get them back, but in the process he only manages to get the girl back. The book does have a sequel where the boys father and the girl try to go back to the past to get him, but they don't go back far enough so now the boy is an adult and acts like the brother of the guy that helped them. Also was a bad guy in there as well that in the second book ends up on a horse back chase in a modern day city.
Pretty sure the book starts out with the girls family on their farm, and somehow she ends up meeting the boy. Eventually go to I think a lab or something when a storm hits.
That's about all I can remember of the book.

message 2: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Wiseman (gillianwiseman) | 193 comments Oh! I remember this book. Again, no author or title. It is set in Ireland. The girl is American, and has not been told that her parents were involved in time traveling. Her mother may be missing in time, and the whole thing is really about rescuing her? And there's another group of time travelers who are doing "illegal" things, I think. There's a baby that is brought forward in time - it might be the child of the missing woman/mother. I'm pretty certain my library has it, so I will dig around and see what I can find.

message 3: by Elisha (new)

Elisha | 2 comments I did figure out what the book series was. It is The Gideon Trilogy Book 1, The Time Travelers.

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Travelers...

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36481 comments Mod
Glad you found your book series, Elisha. Here's the Goodreads link for the first book in the series - The Time Travelers by Linda Buckley-Archer.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Also known as Gideon the Cutpurse, in case that is more familiar to future searchers.