X-Men discussion

Characters > Colossus

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 105 comments I have always been a huge fan of Colossus and while I think he hasn't been written that well recently, I did enjoyed how he was written during Chris Claremont and Joss Whedon's runs.

How do you feel about Colossus?

message 2: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 105 comments Scott wrote: "I liked him as part of the classic ensemble, but never felt he had enough personality to stand on his own like some of the other X-Men can."

That's why I wished that some of the writers would try to give more personality to Colossus, but they never seem to.

message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 196 comments I like old school Colossus, but have very little knowledge of him, besides dying several times, post-original Secret Wars.

Nice that he and kitty are finally getting married.
How soon till marvel screws that up...?

I wouldn't mind if he got a solo title, or he and Kitty as a duo.

message 4: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 105 comments Travis wrote: "I like old school Colossus, but have very little knowledge of him, besides dying several times, post-original Secret Wars.

Nice that he and kitty are finally getting married.
How soon till marvel ..."

I would love to see Colossus get his own solo series. He really deserves it!

message 5: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 196 comments Never really thought of any X-men as solo title heroes, until Greg Pak's Storm series and now I'd like to see pretty much any and all of them get a shot at one.

message 6: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 105 comments Travis wrote: "Never really thought of any X-men as solo title heroes, until Greg Pak's Storm series and now I'd like to see pretty much any and all of them get a shot at one."

Exactly! If they pick the right writer for Colossus' solo series, then he could have a pretty successful run!

message 7: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 196 comments So many of the X-men have had tons of stuff piled onto their histories that they could get a solo title and it wouldn't have had to be nonstop mutants.

Peter is a mutant, but also has a strong connection to Russia and a sister that runs a demon dimension, as well as being strong enough to trade punches with the Rhino.
Lot of stuff to play with and you never have to deal with mutants if the writer didn't want to.

message 8: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 105 comments Travis wrote: "So many of the X-men have had tons of stuff piled onto their histories that they could get a solo title and it wouldn't have had to be nonstop mutants.

Peter is a mutant, but also has a strong con..."

Exactly!