What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Collidescope
This topic is about Collidescope
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Read around 1995. Scifi. Adolescent. A guy (probably boy) who uses kaleidoscopic crystals to pilot a spaceship. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vulco1 (new) - added it

Vulco1 | 29 comments I'm trying to find a book I read around 1995 when I was in 4th grade or so. What I remember is a guy used a kaleidoscopic or at least multicolored crystal to pilot and control a spaceship. I think it was an adventure book and there were some supporting characters but I can't remember anything about them.

The book took place in the "contemporary" time and in America if not the western world.

I think the hardback cover was purple with a brown or tawny ship on the cover and maybe a rainbow as the rings around a planet.

I think there was some space combat, more like Star Trek than Battle Star Galactica.

I remember thinking at the time that it was like a book version of the Captain Blood video game.

Thank you

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36555 comments Mod
Vulco1, about how old is the main character? What events or personal connections put this character in a position to pilot a spaceship? Is there a war between humans and (invading) aliens?

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments Maybe, Collidescope by Grace Chetwin ?

Here is a description from NoveList:
When his spaceship crashes to earth, a highly advanced alien interferes with the lives of two teenagers--on a Delaware Indian--living on the island of Manhattan during different centuries.

Here is a longer description from Kirkus:
A synthetic guardian from space teams up with(view spoiler) 20th-century high-school girl. Hahn Ixpodsix (Humanoid Android for Hyperspace Navigation class 9, ship 6) is (view spoiler)

message 4: by Vulco1 (last edited Jul 26, 2018 05:17AM) (new) - added it

Vulco1 | 29 comments Collidescope is definitely it! I can tell from the book cover on the main page! Thanks!

Solved

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Collidescope (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Grace Chetwin (other topics)