75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
Book Buddies Harry Potter SERIES > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Jul 05, 2018 05:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 8007 comments Mod
This thread is to talk about Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the fourth book in the Harry Potter series!

Intro Questions:
Are you reading or are you listening?
How many times have you read this?
How many times have you listened to this?
Have you watched the movie?

message 2: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Are you reading or are you listening? Listening
How many times have you read this? 3
How many times have you listened to this? First time!
Have you watched the movie? I think I've only watched it twice! Once in theaters, then once on Blu-Ray. I do plan on re-watching all of the movies after finishing the books. :)

I've got a sort of free day at work (the others I share the office with are out today) so I started listening to GoF this morning. *sigh* The Quidditch World Cup! So exciting!

message 3: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Aug 19, 2018 04:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love The Triwizard Tournament, it's so exhilirating! I'm about halfway through the book but I'll be putting it on hold for a few days to listen to My Plain Jane. Stretching out the excitement! lol

message 4: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oops I finished Goblet of Fire on Friday! So good. So dark. So enjoyable!

Stacie (stacieh) | 1825 comments I love the breadth the Wizarding world in this book. From the Quidditch World Cup to the introductions of the different schools, the world really starts to feel big enough to have a reality to them. I always wished that we could see more of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons.

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1607 comments Stacie wrote: "I always wished that we could see more of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons."

I agree, especially because the movies portrayed them as such stereotypes (not to mention as all-boys and all-girls schools, which is not the case in the books, iirc), and it would be nice to have a more well-rounded interpretation.

Carol (carol07) | 3095 comments Are you reading or are you listening?Listening
How many times have you read this?This is the 3rd time
How many times have you listened to this?2
Have you watched the movie? Yes-s-s

message 8: by Andrea, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrea | 4140 comments Mod
Just finished - finally!
Are you reading or are you listening? listening
How many times have you read this? first
How many times have you listened to this? first
Have you watched the movie? nope, waiting until I finish al of the books