Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > June 2018 in Reflection - Best and Worst Reads

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23571 comments Let's reflect on the best and worst of the previous month's books.....

I know I can get so focused on what is next that I forget about all the wonderful books I read for the previous month's challenges! It's July, and I can't be the only one absolutely stunned by that! But I am ready for fireworks and a day of BBQ with the family! Do you have any plans for the 4th? I might not get a lot of reading time for the next couple of days, but I do have some good ones (hopefully) planned for this month. What about you?

Did you discover some gems last month? DNF a few? Find your new book boyfriend or a heroine who personifies TSTL? Come on, we all want to know! Summer is in full swing, have you found the perfect beach read yet?

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23571 comments I had one 5 Star book in June and I thought it was a great way to end a series - even though I didn't want it to end! Red Dirt Heart 4 was the perfect end to the series! I cried and points and laughed too - it was just wonderful!

I did have several other standouts - Alec Mackenzie's Art of Seduction, Chaser, Master of Solitude and On Hart’s Boardwalk were all very good.

No clunkers, but a few that were just better than ok. All in all a good month for me!

message 3: by Trio (new)

Trio | 2271 comments I only had one 5 star read in June and it was an audiobook: Love Me Tomorrow, it was absolutely lovely and the narrator, Jason Frazier was perfect! My review is coming out on July 5th.
Sad to say I did read a few stinkers: Love's Magic and Bottom of The Class.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21353 comments Oops - I completely missed this!

I had a few books I either read or reread which I loved:
Sticks & Stones - reread
Fish & Chips - reread
Divide & Conquer - reread
Red Dirt Heart 4 - reread
Walk a Mile
My Cowboy Heart

My anticipation didn't match:
Chaos Station
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
F.A.S.T. Balls
Dirty Ross
Beauty And The Bookworm

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23571 comments Thanks Jane - I didn't get the reminder for July on my computer, only on my phone so I never posted.