Atlas Shrugged
This topic is about Atlas Shrugged
Atlas Shrugged - July-Sept 2018 > Atlas Shrugged - Part 2 - Either-Or

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1751 comments Mod
Discuss Part 2 - Either-Or here

Jessica | 118 comments I'm afraid I'm losing my patience a bit with the book. So many speeches at the moment. Can you imagine any regular conversation, even if it happened to be about politics or philosophy, where you would speak for three pages on end, uninterrupted? I am ready to find out where it is all going and looking forward to some action rather than words.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Finocchiaro (fino) | 40 comments I have heard that it is astonishing that some consider Her a decent writer whereas most honest people see her as shallow, boring and hopelessly dogmatic

Carol | 59 comments This is a book I read in 1969 or so because my boyfriend recommended it, along with Dune and Giles Goat Boy. Although I enjoyed the concept of meritocracy, I also thought it was badly written and dogmatic. I did not care to read it again for this group -- life's too short! :-)

message 5: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 5 stars

Not reading it again at this time, but I liked the book. But, agree to disagree!

Carol | 59 comments Matthew wrote: "Not reading it again at this time, but I liked the book. But, agree to disagree!"
I guess I didn't make it clear that I liked the book when I read it -- I just don't want to reread it. :-)

message 7: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carol wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Not reading it again at this time, but I liked the book. But, agree to disagree!"
I guess I didn't make it clear that I liked the book when I read it -- I just don't want to reread ..."

Oh, it was more just that the overall responses in this thread so far had a bit of a negative tone, so I was throwing my counter-point in the ring!