What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young boy is playing hides in a log, is captured by Native Americans after puking gives him away, adapts their lifestyle, forgets old life, becomes one of them. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by juno (last edited Aug 03, 2021 07:25PM) (new)

juno (junothrp) | 8 comments - goes back to his original hometown years later and starts to remember pieces of it.
- Part where he spills a bowl of oatmeal/soup causing him to remember puking and being kidnapped, if I remember correctly, he eventually realizes the evil his people are doing and goes back to his original life/family/town.

message 2: by juno (new)

juno (junothrp) | 8 comments Mistake: (read in about 2009)***

message 3: by juno (new)

juno (junothrp) | 8 comments SPOILER ALERT BY THE WAY SORRY

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Avery, can you tell us more about the boy - how did he get separated from his family, what jobs/skills do his parents have, any siblings/friends, do they live in a small U.S. prairie town or are they traveling in a wagon train (going to where), etc.?

message 5: by juno (new)

juno (junothrp) | 8 comments The Native Americans captured him, after that there is little mention of his parents or old life.

message 6: by juno (new)

juno (junothrp) | 8 comments They have a house, not moving around

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Jesse, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Does anything on this thread look familiar?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
He's playing hide & seek (with who?) and hiding in a log? Who are his birth parents, and where were they born?

message 10: by juno (new)

juno (junothrp) | 8 comments Kris wrote: "He's playing hide & seek (with who?) and hiding in a log? Who are his birth parents, and where were they born?"

He might've been playing hide and seek with his sibling, and I'm not sure his parents are a significant part of the story. From what I remember, they are barely mentioned until later on in the book.

message 11: by juno (new)

juno (junothrp) | 8 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Does anything on this thread look familiar?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

No, none of those look familiar. I think the title of the book was short and included the name of an animal.