Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Kept-In Memory of Denizen 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8417 comments The Kept

3.5 Stars

I will start out with: This was an extremely hard book to finish...

The story begins as the protagonist, Elsbeth a midwife, is returning home from one her long absences. She carries gifts for her children. However, she needs to always look at the list, she also carries, so as not to forget their names and ages. As she sees the isolated farmstead, dark and smokeless, she knows something terrible has happened.

Only her 12 year old son Caleb, has survived. Together they begin a journey of revenge that will lead to the unraveling of the many sins of Elsbeth.

The story started out so easy, the writing captivating. But as I got deeper into the book something happened and I was avoiding picking it up. I plowed my way through anticipating an ending that would wrap it all up. The author left me wondering "What the heck just happened"!

I don't know, did I miss something? Totally possible, so if anyone has read this, please I would appreciate your comments

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments Goodreads shows that Anita has read this one. 3 stars.

Here is a question someone proposed on Goodreads.

I am totally baffled by the ending of this book. I have my own skewed supposition on what happened (or is going to happen), but would love to hear other's theories on what exactly the ending means? Thanks.

Below is the link to the answers.

https://www.goodreads.com/questions/3...

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8417 comments Jason wrote: "Goodreads shows that Anita has read this one. 3 stars.

Here is a question someone proposed on Goodreads.

I am totally baffled by the ending of this book. I have my own skewed supposition on wha..."

Thank you for the link Jason-good to know it wasn't just me who was confused-lol!!