The Challenge Factory discussion

Unwind (Unwind, #1)
This topic is about Unwind
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Runell and Kristin - Unwind

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Aug 03, 2014 05:41AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
Kristin & Runell will be reading Unwind by Neal Shusterman

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I downloaded this book a long while ago based on my neighbor's recommendation but never got around to reading it. Coincidentally she just asked me last night if I'd read it yet and swears it's a really good book! Between our buddy read and her asking about it, now I'm getting really excited about reading this one. Hopefully it lives up to the high bar I have now set for it.. HAHA!

The other book we are reading (The Knife of Never Letting Go) also looks great so it matter to me which we read first. I'm not sure what other challenges or buddy reads you may have going on so if you want to let me know when you're ready to start reading one of these, that works!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I loved both of your BR Unwind I read and TKONLG I did Audio and it's fab!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Great to hear - I have them both in audio too!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments The Knife is funny I laughed loads listening to that......you'll see what I mean from the 1st 5 mins.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Can't wait - I'm in need of a book like that after reading The Swan & the Jackal!!

-> The Swan is good but daaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkk

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Ooh I've just finished the 1st one today and it was really good

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Want to start this one this week?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Not sure if you were able to start Unwind today? I was able to start reading after work and breezed through the first 11 chapters. So far.... (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 13
(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I read up to Chapter 21
(view spoiler)

Not sure if you've been able to start the book yet, but if so - let me know how you're liking it so far.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments How are you enjoying this one? I read it as opposed to audio (haven't listened to it yet) but I loved it.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm really liking it so far! I've been trying to pace myself with this one. The story line is just so unbelievable though, you know?! CRAZY!!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I know Shusterman sure has a dark side!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments He does! And I just finished another dark side book The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2) by Karina Halle

I'm gonna have to sleep with the lights on tonight!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Read up to Chapter 26

(view spoiler)

Guessing you may have changed your mind about starting this one?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Let me know if you want me to set it aside to read later with you?

Otherwise I'll just keep posting my comments as I go if you want to read them later as you read the book.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Read up to Chapter 49 - which sounds like I made more progress than I did because there are a TON of little itty-bitty-teenie-tiny chapters.

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 50
(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 60

(view spoiler)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Have you got up to THE part yet? You'll know what I mean if you have *shudders*

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Yes! Ugh!!!!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I know!!
It was awful reading it so I bet it was worse listening to it.
Have you seen the trailer for that bit on YouTube? ? I'll find the link now hang on.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments **shudders while turning green wishing the chapter would just end**

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Okay watch this, it is really good considering it's fan made.
Runell if you are not up to Chapter 60 yet then don't watch it.

Unwind

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Too fresh! Oh my gosh! They did such a good job... **taking deep breaths counting to ten**

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I know right! Made me shudder.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm almost done. Chapter 68 of 69

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I read the last on in the series a little while ago but couldn't get into it as much, gonna re read the whole thing again soon as I have it on audio now.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Done! I'll have to read the rest of the series. :)

Wow

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments It's a really good series.
I'm having a mid life crisis again lol, took my little boy for a haircut yesterday to get ready for back to school on Monday.
Thought to myself hmm I'm bored with mine (shoulder length blonde) so now I'm a dark brown girl with a pixie cut, didn't recognise myself when I looked in the mirror this morning haha!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Omg! You don't mess around do you?! Ha! I bet it looks adorable! It's kind of weird though when sometimes you find out you gotta change make up and clothes also to complement the new do!

That's kind of fun though too right?!! Lol

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yeah I'm still getting used to it though, I'm not a girlie girl though, more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Simple is good!

Did you find a good audio sale today? ;)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Lol no I was looking through my Dropbox and Copy folders and noticed that I hadn't added some of them.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Sigh...thought I was missing a good sale. Lol

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments You guys have better sales than us anyway, half of the audios I want are not available in the UK yet....sigh!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ugh! That would be frustrating. I don't even understand why it's different..

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I know it's so annoying!