Start by marking “The Swan & the Jackal (In the Company of Killers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Swan & the Jackal (In the Company of Killers, #3)

The Swan & the Jackal

(In the Company of Killers #3)

-Reading Order-

#5 - THE BLACK WOLF
#6 - BEHIND THE HANDS THAT KILL
#7 - SPIDERS IN THE GROVE

---

Fredrik Gustavsson never considered the possibility of love, or that anyone could ever understand or accept his dark and bloody lifestyle—until he met Seraphina, a woman as vicious and blood-t
Published March 5th 2014 (first published March 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Swan & the Jackal, please sign up.
J.A. Redmerski No, this and all other books are a part of a series and must be read in order. This particular one is #3 in the series, In the Company of Killers.

Alex is The Romance Fox
I really like this series and despite what we know about Frederik from the previous books, I have always found him fascinating…so I was so looking forward to his story.
 photo a5a23de5e2deccd972511222b9b5ac07_zpso7fqkarr.jpg
Seeing his life unfold is something I never expected.
We know he’s a killer, an interrogator with some sadistic and horrible methods and we figured out that there is something dark in his life.
"My past has shaped me, molded me. Molded me into a monster with a persecuted heart and a dead soul."
We discovered his history with Sera
Screamingz
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Me starting this book:

Seeing Izabel in this book:

Me at the ending:

description

Trying to hold back the tears:

Failing:

description

And me finding about the next book:

description

My poor heart can't take it anymore!

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
"Though I learned the hard way that love is cruel and dangerous and more fiendish than a man like me could ever be."

description

Fredrik Gustavsson. This man. This dark, sick, twisted man has stolen my fucking heart!!! I apologize now ladies for whoever has claimed Fredrik... But ... I don't care. I need him. I love him. I will totally fulfill his twisted little fantasies.

"I want to take her. Now. To press her tight pink flesh against the wall and ravage her little body violently from the inside out. I w
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **break my heart why don’t you?** STARS

I started this book on a complete whim. I’ve been meaning to catch up with the In the Company of Killers series for a while now, but I guess the release of Behind the Hands that Kill really gave me the last push. And what a ride it has been. I read The Swan and the Jackal in one sitting. I couldn’t for the life of me put it down.

Ever since we met Fredrik the ‘interrogator’ in Killing Sarai I was intrigued by the man and I was curious to learn more about
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Dark Love and Need Stars

"I love you. I despise you. Because love is pain. Love is a wicked game.

♪♫ We stand, we rise, we give our lives.
We looked for light but we found only darkness. ♪♫

description

You've all met Fredrik. If you haven't, let him introduce himself.

"The past has shaped me, molded me into a monster. A monster with a persecuted heart and a dead soul."

description

Dangerous, seductive and with his own set of moral codes he craves only one thing. His wife Seraphina. Destroyed by her betrayal, he will do a
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
”The past has shaped me, molded me into a monster. A monster with a persecuted heart and a dead soul.”

description

While the majority of fans were anxiously awaiting Fredrik’s book, I was on the fence about it. My apprehension had a lot to do with the sheer fact of what his story would include. Let’s face it, this guy gets off on interrogating people in his dentist chair and then proceeds to remove their teeth with pliers. For me, I wasn’t as taken with him as I was with Victor or even his hot pain in the
Jen
OMG! I am reeling from what I just read! Seriously, this book was the darkest in the series so far. (in my humble opinion!) Fredrik Gustavsson, aka: The Specialist works in Victor's new organization called the "New Order." His job is to torture people to talk, and one thing about Fredrik is that he enjoys every single minute of the torture he instills onto others. In fact, he will go through withdrawals if he doesn't get an ongoing dose of making his victims bleed. Don't worry though, he makes s ...more
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Reread: October 2017
Let me put this gif to summarize my feelings on rereading this book:
description

Can I just hug Fredrik Gustavsson? *wailing* My goodness, his story wrecked my heart. I'm going to take a break for days then I'll proceed on Seeds of Iniquity. I think there are more clues for the seventh book than this one.
-------------------------------------------
First read: January 2016

Nothing is more exciting than to hear the story of Fredrik Gustavsson -- The master torturer, The Specialist, The Jacka
Lainey
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
MY NON-SPOILER SERIES REVIEW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVyN9...

First Read: September 2015
Second Read: February 2016
Third Read: April 2018

Second Read Thoughts: So I loved this re-read, keeping my rating at a 5-star. What was the best about rereading this, was being able to pick up on all the things I missed and if you have read this boo, you know what I'm talking about.
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
description

DNF at 48% but I still think everyone who’s interested in reading it should check it out for yourself. For me I was just fed up with all the cheesy moments when this book is supposed to be dark.

Anyways, I L-O-V-E-D the first two books in this series, and Reviving Izabel was a 6 star read for me. In those books, I already had a fine impression of Fredrik: cold-hearted assassin who has no fears, dark, blah blah, you get the picture. I did get a glimpse of a “what-could-of-been” with some chick nam
Vina
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
My beautiful swan. My savior and my undoing.

I HAVE to start by saying how amazing the cover is!

“One day, Victor Faust will be the death of you, Izabel,”he (Frederik) cuts in and I’m stunned by his words. He looks over, locking his eyes on mine. “If you want to help me, you can by keeping that in the back of your mind. One way or another, you’re going to die because of him, because you love him.”

This is not a happy book. I think people have to be made aware of that fact. Just like JA Redmerski
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WHOA this series are just getting better and better with each book.... I freaking loved this one too!

Sarah ❤
✮☆ 5 Oh My Lord, What Did I Just Read? Stars ☆✮

BR with my girls <3

I had to take some time to sort out my feelings before I even tried to write this review... so here ya go!
Gosh, this was an amazing, crazy ride! I have been waiting for this book forever!

~ Fredrick Gustavasson ~

Fredrick has been through a lot in his life. His life is dark and twisted and the only woman he’s ever loved, Seraphina, betrayed him. There’s nothing left in him except his ruthless, cold, and broken heart. Can anyone c
Natalie The Biblioholic
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Every thing I thought I knew about Fredrik... well that was thrown out the window with this book. This was his story and it was tragic, beautiful, devastating, illuminating, dark and twisted.

As we learned in the last book, Fredrik has some dark secrets and even darker pain. His past was absolutely atrocious and I felt the tragedy that was his life growing up. But as a man, he found some peace and her name was Seraphina. She was as savage and as twisted as he was. But sh
DW
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: killing-sarai
Going into this one I knew that Fredrik was going to be vicious. I mean he tortures people in a dentist chair after all. I wasn't prepared for him at all. I thought that I was but I wasn't. He is a beautiful man on the outside but he is nothing but darkness on the inside. I just wish that he could find true love!
 photo E1DE0DCA-4B89-4D30-9240-BB34108DB3BB_zpsrvtbp1dt.jpg

I can't say to much without giving it away but let's just that I was shocked when it all came out. Like seriously, I was stunned!!
 photo AF4A8A74-5EF9-4F71-85D8-58E4EEB2B37C_zps57zywcst.jpg

On to book four!!!!
 photo 70EE4F96-3008-4F9A-B092-488E9E1B925D_zps4n7ds2em.gif
Barbara
[image error]

I need someone to hole my hand. review to come, when I come to my senses!

description

She is mine and she’ll be mine until the day she dies.
Penny
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d-read-dark, reviewed
I liked it.
The whole book is worth it thanks to how it ends. It is consistent with the mentality that all the main characters have shown along the books, which is very fulfilling.

Audiobook: I am really glad that they changed the male narrators, I couldn't stand the male narrator from book one so I ended up reading book 2 instead.
Irmak
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kütüphanem
Bu kadın inanılmaz bir hayal gücüne sahip bence. Net yani. Karakterlerin duygu yoğunluklarını böyle anlatmasına okuyucuyu böyle sarsmasına bayılıyorum.
Kitabı her ne kadar çok sevsem de diğer kitaplardan bir puan daha eksik verdim çünkü karakterler bu kitapta bana bir başka geldi. Yani önceki kitaplardaki Victor, Izabel, Fredrik sanki tamamen başka insanlar olmuştu.
Şöyle izah edeyim. Victor patron olunca biraz kasıntı mı olmuş yoksa bana mı öyle geldi bilmiyorum ama önceki kitaplardaki tutkulu
Barbara
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: br, blowing-feelings
For me the song that keeps playing in my head for this book is …

You give love a bad name (Bon Jovi)

Shot through the heart, and you're to blame.
Darlin', you give love a bad name.
An angel's smile is what you sell.
You promise me heaven,
then put me through hell.
Chains of love got a hold on me.
When passion's a prison, you can't break free.
Oh, you're a loaded gun, yeah.
Oh, there's nowhere to run,
no one can save me, the damage is done.
Shot through the heart, and you're to blame.
You give love a bad nam
Fadime Tüylüoğlu
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
En azından ortada bir gerçek var. Bu iki ruh hastası karakterimizde Fredrick'e deliler gibi aşık.

"Galiba gezegenin en kaçık kadınına aşık oldum."

Fredrick'in çaresizliği.. Bıçağı saplaması... O kadar, o kadar, o kadar üzüldüm ki...

Cassia'nın son sahnede "Pişman olma, beni kurtardın." demesi yok mu. :(

O kadar güzel bir kitaptı ki!! Sonunda gözyaşlarımı bile akıtmak zorunda kaldım. Kesinlikle bu kitap benim için farklı bir bölgede kalacak. Yeri bambaşka.
İlk başta zaten Cassia'nın Seraphina olduğun
Ilze
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

review to follow.

OMGGGGG, COVER REVEAL!!!

I am speechless

description

It totally ranks in my all-time-favorite-book-cover top #5 and release date for the book is only 4 days away - March 5, 2014!!!!

arissa
MIND FUCK. THAT'S ALL.

She is mine and she’ll be mine until the day she dies.

The woman who if I let live, will certainly be the death of me.

First of all, I had a moment of shock when I found out the connection between Cassia and Seraphina. I had this theory that could be it, but I quickly discarded as to be completely crazy and nonsensical. It wasn't crazy, and it made complete sense.
I remember the first time I read the blurb from this book, I thought: 'Hey, maybe we can get a threesome w
Michelle
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+++ Stars!!
I have no idea how I forgot about this series when I loved the first two books!!
That's why I love GRs so damn much! Friends don't let other friends forget about great books!! Thanks Kirsten!! I loved it!

I was up all night reading this baby! I could not and would not put it down once I started!
Fredrik is damaged. His brutal childhood has made him the dangerous man he is today. He finally finds a woman Seraphina that is equal to him in every way. Once she betrays him he will stop at
Seda
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

📚Cassia benim cezamdı, bunu biliyordum. Tüm yıllar boyunca insanlara yaptığım korkunç şeylerin cezası olarak bana gönderilmişti. Benim yıkımımdı. Sandalyeye bağlanıp dişlerimin, tırnaklarımın sökülmesini, derimin soyulmasını böyle bir yıkıma tercih ederdim. Ona bu kadar yakın olup ona dair duygularıma izin verememek hissettiğim ve yaşadığım en kötü acıydı.

İlk iki kitapta Sarai ve Victor, ruhsuz, duygusuz ve dengesiz iki karakterdi ve ikisini de hiç sevmedim. Ama Fredrik’ten yana umut ışığım hâ
❥Lil
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it

****4 messed-up stars****

While I was reading this book, I was listening to a playlist on repeat. When I finished, the song left playing was “No ordinary love” by Sherrie Lea. How fitting, I thought...

I gave you all the love I got
I gave you more than I could give
I gave you love
I gave you all that I have inside
And you took my love
You took my love

Didn't I tell you
What I believe
Did somebody say that
A love like that won't last
Didn't I give you
All that I've got to give baby
I gave you all the love I go
Kübra  Yağmur Aslanhan
3,5

Kitaba audiobook olarak başladım, kindle’den devam ettim gece okurken baya bir uyku bastırdı. Bırakıp uyumayı düşünürken öyle bir yere gelmişti ki olaylar gözlerim fal taşı gibi açıldı vallahi.

Katiller Çetesi'nden olaylar Fredrik Gustavsson ile devam ediyor olsa da yoğunluk Fredrik'in üstündeydi.Karanlık ve acılı geçmişinden sahneler, onu bu cani işkenceciye dönüştüren gerçeklerle yüzleştik.
Cassia, karşılaştığımız ilk andan beri bana gerçekçiliği olmayan, tuhaf bir kadın olarak görünmüştü. Ol
Şeyma
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, e-book
Sadece VAY CANINA HARİKAYDI demek istiyorum.
Asu De
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Söyleyecek söz bulamıyorum. Kitap tek kelimeyle mükemmeldi!
Okuyanlar beni anlayacaktır ama okumayanlara şunu söylemeliyim ki bu kitap sizi duygudan duyguya, karmaşadan daha büyük karmaşalara itecek.
Kitap, Sarai ve İzabel’den tanıdığımız acımasız bir işkenceci ve katil olan Fredrick’in, ondan bile sorunlu eski karısını bulmaya çalışmasını anlatıyor. Fredrick ve Seraphina bu dünya üzerinde belki de birbirine en uygun iki insandır. İlişkileri hastalık derecesinde tutkulu, aşk dolu, aynı zamanda kar
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 GUT-WRENCHING STARS!

Seraphina, Fredrik’s ex-wife, lover and partner in crime for 2 years has betrayed him and played him for a fool… She is a psychotic, sadistic, cold blooded killer that kills and tortures even the innocent. She reminds me of a rabid dog that needs to be put down.

Fredrik, his past… his love life…. just heartbreaking! Though he is a vicious and sadistic killer himself, he only tortures and kills the guilty ones.

I only feel this pain when the victim is innocent…

His love fo
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Stars for the Jackal

It has been a while since I got lost in this series. I was always intrigued by the great torturer Frederik...his struggle with his past...his dark wife, Seraphina was quite crazy. Having finished this book and watching the struggle of this damaged man in trying to find his Seraphina I was quite blown away! There was contrasting dark and light from the beginning. Frederik's mission for revenge is halted by the prisoner in his basement. Shackled to a wall, Cassia is so much
  • Hope Restrained (The Estate, #2)
  • Bound by Vengeance (SKALS, #2)
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Sempre: Redemption (Sempre, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Deliver (Deliver, #1)
  • Cold-Blooded Beautiful (Beautiful, #2)
  • Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)
  • Staying Dirty (Dirty, #5)
  • Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill, #3)
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • Desolate (Empathy, #2)
  • Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)
J.A. (Jessica) Redmerski is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, international bestseller, and award winner, who juggles several different genres. She began self-publishing in 2012, and later with the success of THE EDGE OF NEVER, signed on with Grand Central Publishing/Forever Romance. Her works have been translated into more than twenty languages.

Jessica is a

In the Company of Killers (7 books)
  • Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Seeds of Iniquity (In the Company of Killers, #4)
  • The Black Wolf (In the Company of Killers, #5)
  • Behind the Hands That Kill (In the Company of Killers, #6)
  • Spiders in the Grove (In the Company of Killers, #7)
“Because love is the greatest scam of all time. And because as much as I fucking love you, I hate you for inflicting it upon me!” 32 likes
“that treacherous little black heart that sits behind my ribs, as always when I think of her, begins to beat to a slow and ominous rhythm, betraying me so cruelly that I wish I could rip it from my chest and be free of it forever.” 24 likes