Start by marking “The Swan & the Jackal (In the Company of Killers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Swan & the Jackal (In the Company of Killers, #3)

The Swan & the Jackal

(In the Company of Killers #3)

-Reading Order-

#5 - THE BLACK WOLF
#6 - BEHIND THE HANDS THAT KILL
#7 - SPIDERS IN THE GROVE

---

Fredrik Gustavsson never considered the possibility of love, or that anyone could ever understand or accept his dark and bloody lifestyle—until he met Seraphina, a woman as vicious and blood-thirs
Published March 5th 2014 (first published March 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Swan & the Jackal, please sign up.
J.A. Redmerski No, this and all other books are a part of a series and must be read in order. This particular one is #3 in the series, In the Company of Killers.

Start your review of The Swan & the Jackal (In the Company of Killers, #3)
Alex is The Romance Fox
I really like this series and despite what we know about Frederik from the previous books, I have always found him fascinating…so I was so looking forward to his story.
 photo a5a23de5e2deccd972511222b9b5ac07_zpso7fqkarr.jpg
Seeing his life unfold is something I never expected.
We know he’s a killer, an interrogator with some sadistic and horrible methods and we figured out that there is something dark in his life.
"My past has shaped me, molded me. Molded me into a monster with a persecuted heart and a dead soul."
We discovered his histo
Screamingz
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Me starting this book:

Seeing Izabel in this book:

Me at the ending:

description

Trying to hold back the tears:

Failing:

description

And me finding about the next book:

description

My poor heart can't take it anymore!

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
"Though I learned the hard way that love is cruel and dangerous and more fiendish than a man like me could ever be."

description

Fredrik Gustavsson. This man. This dark, sick, twisted man has stolen my fucking heart!!! I apologize now ladies for whoever has claimed Fredrik... But ... I don't care. I need him. I love him. I will totally fulfill his twisted little fantasies.

"I want to take her. Now. To press her tight pink flesh against the wall and ravage her little body violently from the inside out
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **break my heart why don’t you?** STARS

I started this book on a complete whim. I’ve been meaning to catch up with the In the Company of Killers series for a while now, but I guess the release of Behind the Hands that Kill really gave me the last push. And what a ride it has been. I read The Swan and the Jackal in one sitting. I couldn’t for the life of me put it down.

Ever since we met Fredrik the ‘interrogator’ in Killing Sarai I was intrigued by the man and I was curious to learn more about
Georgia ♥
5 Dark Love and Need Stars

"I love you. I despise you. Because love is pain. Love is a wicked game.

♪♫ We stand, we rise, we give our lives.
We looked for light but we found only darkness. ♪♫

description

You've all met Fredrik. If you haven't, let him introduce himself.

"The past has shaped me, molded me into a monster. A monster with a persecuted heart and a dead soul."

description

Dangerous, seductive and with his own set of moral codes he craves only one thing. His wife Seraphina. Destroyed by her betrayal, he will d
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
”The past has shaped me, molded me into a monster. A monster with a persecuted heart and a dead soul.”

description

While the majority of fans were anxiously awaiting Fredrik’s book, I was on the fence about it. My apprehension had a lot to do with the sheer fact of what his story would include. Let’s face it, this guy gets off on interrogating people in his dentist chair and then proceeds to remove their teeth with pliers. For me, I wasn’t as taken with him as I was with Victor or even his hot pain in th
Jen
OMG! I am reeling from what I just read! Seriously, this book was the darkest in the series so far. (in my humble opinion!) Fredrik Gustavsson, aka: The Specialist works in Victor's new organization called the "New Order." His job is to torture people to talk, and one thing about Fredrik is that he enjoys every single minute of the torture he instills onto others. In fact, he will go through withdrawals if he doesn't get an ongoing dose of making his victims bleed. Don't worry though, he makes s ...more
Lainey
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
MY NON-SPOILER SERIES REVIEW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVyN9...

First Read: September 2015
Second Read: February 2016
Third Read: April 2018

Second Read Thoughts: So I loved this re-read, keeping my rating at a 5-star. What was the best about rereading this, was being able to pick up on all the things I missed and if you have read this boo, you know what I'm talking about.
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reread: October 2017
Let me put this gif to summarize my feelings on rereading this book:
description

Can I just hug Fredrik Gustavsson? *wailing* My goodness, his story wrecked my heart. I'm going to take a break for days then I'll proceed on Seeds of Iniquity. I think there are more clues for the seventh book than this one.
-------------------------------------------
First read: January 2016

Nothing is more exciting than to hear the story of Fredrik Gustavsson -- The master torturer, The Specialist, The Jacka
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
description

DNF at 48% but I still think everyone who’s interested in reading it should check it out for yourself. For me I was just fed up with all the cheesy moments when this book is supposed to be dark.

Anyways, I L-O-V-E-D the first two books in this series, and Reviving Izabel was a 6 star read for me. In those books, I already had a fine impression of Fredrik: cold-hearted assassin who has no fears, dark, blah blah, you get the picture. I did get a glimpse of a “what-could-of-been” with some chick nam
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WHOA this series are just getting better and better with each book.... I freaking loved this one too!

Vina
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
My beautiful swan. My savior and my undoing.

I HAVE to start by saying how amazing the cover is!

“One day, Victor Faust will be the death of you, Izabel,”he (Frederik) cuts in and I’m stunned by his words. He looks over, locking his eyes on mine. “If you want to help me, you can by keeping that in the back of your mind. One way or another, you’re going to die because of him, because you love him.”

This is not a happy book. I think people have to be made aware of that fact. Just like JA Redmerski
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

Every thing I thought I knew about Fredrik... well that was thrown out the window with this book. This was his story and it was tragic, beautiful, devastating, illuminating, dark and twisted.

As we learned in the last book, Fredrik has some dark secrets and even darker pain. His past was absolutely atrocious and I felt the tragedy that was his life growing up. But as a man, he found some peace and her name was Seraphina. She was as savage and as twisted as he was. But sh
DW
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: killing-sarai
Going into this one I knew that Fredrik was going to be vicious. I mean he tortures people in a dentist chair after all. I wasn't prepared for him at all. I thought that I was but I wasn't. He is a beautiful man on the outside but he is nothing but darkness on the inside. I just wish that he could find true love!
 photo E1DE0DCA-4B89-4D30-9240-BB34108DB3BB_zpsrvtbp1dt.jpg

I can't say to much without giving it away but let's just that I was shocked when it all came out. Like seriously, I was stunned!!
 photo AF4A8A74-5EF9-4F71-85D8-58E4EEB2B37C_zps57zywcst.jpg

On to book four!!!!
 photo 70EE4F96-3008-4F9A-B092-488E9E1B925D_zps4n7ds2em.gif
Barbara
[image error]

I need someone to hole my hand. review to come, when I come to my senses!

description

She is mine and she’ll be mine until the day she dies.
Penny
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, d-read-dark
I liked it.
The whole book is worth it thanks to how it ends. It is consistent with the mentality that all the main characters have shown along the books, which is very fulfilling.

Audiobook: I am really glad that they changed the male narrators, I couldn't stand the male narrator from book one so I ended up reading book 2 instead.
Barbara
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blowing-feelings, br
For me the song that keeps playing in my head for this book is …

You give love a bad name (Bon Jovi)

Shot through the heart, and you're to blame.
Darlin', you give love a bad name.
An angel's smile is what you sell.
You promise me heaven,
then put me through hell.
Chains of love got a hold on me.
When passion's a prison, you can't break free.
Oh, you're a loaded gun, yeah.
Oh, there's nowhere to run,
no one can save me, the damage is done.
Shot through the heart, and you're to blame.
You give love a bad n
Ilze
Dec 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

review to follow.

OMGGGGG, COVER REVEAL!!!

I am speechless

description

It totally ranks in my all-time-favorite-book-cover top #5 and release date for the book is only 4 days away - March 5, 2014!!!!

arissa
MIND FUCK. THAT'S ALL.

She is mine and she’ll be mine until the day she dies.

The woman who if I let live, will certainly be the death of me.

First of all, I had a moment of shock when I found out the connection between Cassia and Seraphina. I had this theory that could be it, but I quickly discarded as to be completely crazy and nonsensical. It wasn't crazy, and it made complete sense.
I remember the first time I read the blurb from this book, I thought: 'Hey, maybe we can g
Michelle
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+++ Stars!!
I have no idea how I forgot about this series when I loved the first two books!!
That's why I love GRs so damn much! Friends don't let other friends forget about great books!! Thanks Kirsten!! I loved it!

I was up all night reading this baby! I could not and would not put it down once I started!
Fredrik is damaged. His brutal childhood has made him the dangerous man he is today. He finally finds a woman Seraphina that is equal to him in every way. Once she betrays him he will stop at
Candace
This book was great! I really enjoyed reading about Frederik's past and what made him the tortured soul that he is. There are very few plot twists that I don't see coming well in advance, but I've gotta say that this book has a major twist that I never saw coming and it completely changed the dynamics of the story. I don't want to say anything to give it away, so you'll just have to read it and find out for yourself. I am looking forward to the next book in this series and the continuation of th ...more
❥Lil
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it

****4 messed-up stars****

While I was reading this book, I was listening to a playlist on repeat. When I finished, the song left playing was “No ordinary love” by Sherrie Lea. How fitting, I thought...

I gave you all the love I got
I gave you more than I could give
I gave you love
I gave you all that I have inside
And you took my love
You took my love

Didn't I tell you
What I believe
Did somebody say that
A love like that won't last
Didn't I give you
All that I've got to give baby
I gave you all the love I go
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 GUT-WRENCHING STARS!

Seraphina, Fredrik’s ex-wife, lover and partner in crime for 2 years has betrayed him and played him for a fool… She is a psychotic, sadistic, cold blooded killer that kills and tortures even the innocent. She reminds me of a rabid dog that needs to be put down.

Fredrik, his past… his love life…. just heartbreaking! Though he is a vicious and sadistic killer himself, he only tortures and kills the guilty ones.

I only feel this pain when the victim is innocent…

Kelli C
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for the Jackal

It has been a while since I got lost in this series. I was always intrigued by the great torturer Frederik...his struggle with his past...his dark wife, Seraphina was quite crazy. Having finished this book and watching the struggle of this damaged man in trying to find his Seraphina I was quite blown away! There was contrasting dark and light from the beginning. Frederik's mission for revenge is halted by the prisoner in his basement. Shackled to a wall, Cassia is so much
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4.5 (This book is seriously FUCKED up) Stars

Disclaimer - > The Swan and the Jackal is NOT a romance book.

When I started The Swan and the Jackal I was upset by the disclaimer. I heard it was a dark read, but I had no idea what it was about. I love the series. I gave the previous books all five stars, so I was REALLY excited about this one.

You will either Love or Hate this book

The Swan and the Jackal is not for everyone. Whatever you thought about the series, don’t throw it out the window, but kno
Carolina
Might contain some spoilers..

***

"And every single day of my life, I fight against the pain that tortures my black heart, the pain that I know will never go away."

"Because love is pain"

"I guess it's the price I pay for being in love with the Devil."

I didn't know how to express myself after reading this book. Honestly i even tought i wouldn't be capable of doing any review.
Until I've watched this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b0iSK...
And there I knew! I knew that was how i
Melanie (mells_view)
Mindfucked. I don't even know.

I'm pissed off. The writing was great. It wasn't as dark as I thought it would be. At least not until the end. I'm just dumbstruck & heartbroken.
Ari
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reread November 2017

" I loved you. You were everything to me. My dark angel. My salvation. My sanity."

-------------------------------------------

Original review: The Daydreaming Bookworm

Just based on the cover alone, I knew that the third installment to the In the Company of Killers series was going to be a dark one. Nothing could ever prepare me for a story like this, so I dove right in, hoping that by the end, my heart would still remain intact. Okay, I’m getting a bit overboar
Kayla Blair
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Together, we could not be broken."

Okay give me a moment, I'm still picking my sanity and heart up off the floor.

Fredrick Gustavasson is a dark man with an even darker past. The love of his life-Seraphina-left him cold and alone. Out of sight, but never far from his mind. If ever a man such as him still had a soul, she shattered it upon her betrayal. But for Cassia's sake, did Seraphina leave any piece behind?

Cassia has been shackled in Fredrick's basement for the last year. Suffering from a
Nawal
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
"The past has shaped me, molded me into a monster. A monster with a persecuted heart and a dead soul.”

Me and this book got off to a bad start as I didn’t think I would get out of it what I initially thought. There was this whole contradiction of Seraphina, and how she’s a complete, sorry for my language, b*itch in the most evil of ways, but still somehow Fredrik loves her? When someone shows the kind of disturbing and cruel behaviour as her, without even one little redeeming quality, I would n

• Ruthless People (Ruthless People, #1)
  • Negligê
  • The Edge of Forever (The Edge of Forever, #1)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
  • 4 Semanas de Prazer
  • Falcon's Prey: A Dark Romance
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Bound by Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #4)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • Everything Under The Sun
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Target on Our Backs (Monster in His Eyes, #3)
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Lacivert
J.A. (Jessica) Redmerski is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, international bestseller, and award winner, who juggles several different genres. She began self-publishing in 2012, and later with the success of THE EDGE OF NEVER, signed on with Grand Central Publishing/Forever Romance. Her works have been translated into more than twenty languages.

Jessica is a

In the Company of Killers (7 books)
  • Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Seeds of Iniquity (In the Company of Killers, #4)
  • The Black Wolf (In the Company of Killers, #5)
  • Behind the Hands That Kill (In the Company of Killers, #6)
  • Spiders in the Grove (In the Company of Killers, #7)