What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Three Good Deeds
This topic is about Three Good Deeds
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED Boy turned into a goose/duck and must do good deeds [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Paperadventures I'm trying to remember all the books I read as a kid. I can remember the book cover the best: It has a goose (possibly a duck) floating on a blue/black? background, with a short title between one and three words.

He does something naughty, like scaring/hurting some geese or just being rude, and this (old?) woman who owns the geese turns him into one. She says he must do certain things (possibly a certain number of things-- good deeds?) in order to be a boy again.

***mild spoilers ahead--although it isn't the greatest book, so it doesn't matter too much***

At one point there is a love interest, and some other goose is hostile towards the boy-turned-goose.

The boy-goose sheds his feathers and thinks he's turning back into a boy, but he isn't, so he gets mad.

He flies away from the yard to find his family, but they obviously don't know it's him, because he's a goose.

message 2: by Rox (new)

Rox | 9 comments I remember a cartoon about a boy that traveled with a goose because he did something bad and he had to make amends but the boy did not turn into a goose , instead he was shrunk so he can ride on the goose's back . The boy was Nils Holgersson

message 3: by Rox (new)

Rox | 9 comments and there are books the books The Wonderful Adventures of Nils by Selma Lagerlöf The Wonderful Adventures of Nils

Paperadventures Rox wrote: "I remember a cartoon about a boy that traveled with a goose because he did something bad and he had to make amends but the boy did not turn into a goose , instead he was shrunk so he can ride on th..."

I think the book I'm thinking of was written more recently. I read it 5 or 6 years ago. I'd guess it was written in the '90s or the '00s.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Bailey | 26 comments This is certainly Three Good Deeds :)

Paperadventures Hannah wrote: "This is certainly Three Good Deeds :)"

That's it! Thank you!