Veronika Decides to Die Veronika Decides to Die question

Were Veronica's reasons for trying to commit suicide appropriate??
KhanMunaza KhanMunaza Jun 30, 2018 01:55AM
Do you agree with Veronica?

Kind of. I mean they weren't the best reasons to commit suicide but I can understand that why the everyday tedium lifestyle drove a person to suicide.

Surely appropriate to be landed in villete....get the point...

I think so, I also agree with Jeff, it had to make since for the book. I also feel like if veronica felt there was no love, passion, discovery, light and so on in life, then I can see the reasoning to her wanting to commit suicide as what's the point in living? I think that's part of the whole story, the push to actually live life instead of getting stuck in a dull repetition of what some think life is supposed to be

Dina (last edited Feb 19, 2022 08:43AM ) Feb 19, 2022 08:24AM   0 votes
I think it is true that one day one feels that life will not be interesting for him. Or one thinks it is better to end the story and not continue. And what better reason to commit suicide?

Its a valid as any reason. However ultimately its about not committing suicide.

Not appropriate at all. But then, if all those who commit suicide were to leave notes behind, you'd pretty find more weird reasons than Veronika's.

All reasons are valid. But I think the author had to pick something which was surmountable. His solution only works for a very small set of specific cases. I read more into this story than that. I wouldn't apply it to anyone you know who may be depressed or suicidal.

According to book: everything in her life was the same and second reason was she thought everything in world was going wrong, there was not serious problem in her life. I don't think these two are enough reasons for committing suicide.

Iridia (last edited Aug 16, 2022 07:45AM ) Aug 16, 2022 07:44AM   0 votes
I think she had her reasons. Any person regardless their social status, and/or relationships, can wake up one day finding themselves without a reason to live. She was unhappy and her lifetime dream was unfulfilled, and even when we may think that is not reason enough, and that she still had time to be a pianist, people just quit.

Besides judging if she has her reasons to commit suicide or not, we should ask ourselves if we are willing to make an effort to learn how to be happy again and to find the desire to live. When we touch rock bottom, the hardest thing to do is to start climbing again, and thanks to Dr. Igor, she found a reason to fight.

I wouldn't think so because someone who is in that kind of state of mind would find any reason to justify what they plan to do.