The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) The Fellowship of the Ring discussion

BUDDY READ YESS!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 154 (154 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Okay, so here it is. This discussion thing is new to me but you guys are the best so we'll own it :))

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) Woah there is a thing that exists here lolol

message 3: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Ahah yes yes who knew. GR is behaving very responsibly :p

message 4: by Fuzaila (last edited Jun 29, 2018 04:17AM) (new)

Fuzaila Have you guys started though? :3 I'm only talking :/

Fares This is more like it :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) Nah
Starting July 1st

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) We get few hours headstart thanks to India being ahead in timezone ;)

Fares I haven't yet, Jen tagged us tho

message 9: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila haha yes.

message 10: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Is Rusty getting this? I hope he could join as well

Fares this tipped the scale, now it's 3 Indians vs two Africans :|

message 12: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila What did you expect. We envelope the world ...and gr :P

Fares it's not fair, I'm blocking all of you :)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) Fuzaila wrote: "What did you expect. We envelope the world ...and gr :P"

Damn right XD

Man I am commenting at so many places I am confused now lolol
Also my email is spammed by your names xD

Rusty Grey So July 1st is Sunday !! Perfect .

Fares How many chapters a day are we doing for this?

Rusty Grey How many chapters are there in the book ?!

Fares 22 Chapters, they are not small.

Rusty Grey How about 3 chapters per day . We'll finish it in a week then . :D

Fares That's fine with me.

message 21: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila I'm good with three chapters too :D Hoping they don't put me to sleep??

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) If everyone's okay , I am okay too

Also @fuzzy : think positive you grumpy old woman ;3

message 23: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Bhavik wrote: "If everyone's okay , I am okay too

Also @fuzzy : think positive you grumpy old woman ;3"

I would have if I had remotely enjoyed it when I tried to read it last time :3

message 24: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Where's Jen tho? Everyone else is here xD

Rusty Grey I hope so too. I didn't enjoy The Hobbit as much as I would have liked . But this trilogy might be better.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) Fuzaila wrote: "Bhavik wrote: "If everyone's okay , I am okay too

Also @fuzzy : think positive you grumpy old woman ;3"

I would have if I had remotely enjoyed it when I tried to read it last time :3"

Yes but keep your mind clear and atop overthinking.

I have seen the movies multiple times and there's too much hype and I know JRR will probably describe things a lot so I know how to prepare for it.
I am super excited anyways!

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) It's officially july 1st here , so I am starting to read it now..or maybe not since I am sleepy af and going to be busy whole day so I may or may not be able to read in that case, do carry on without me in that case , I will catch up the next day!

message 28: by Jen - The Tolkien Gal (last edited Jun 30, 2018 03:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen - The Tolkien Gal Hey guys! Sorry I was too busy finishing off the Hobbit. But three chapters a day! Will do!! So excited guys. Goodreads only let me see this when Bhavik sent a PM :)

message 29: by Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (last edited Jun 30, 2018 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) No problemo..! Actually Fuzzy here did post this in Fares review so as to stop us from spamming other people xD
It might have been missed by you.
Well now you're here !

Let the LOTR reading begin! *blows trumpet*

Jen - The Tolkien Gal Bhavik wrote: "No problemo..! Actually Fuzzy here did post this in Fares review so as to stop us from spamming other people xD
It might have been missed by you.
Well now you're here !

Let the LOTR reading begin!..."

NOW I GET NOTIFACATIONS. YAS WE ARE READY>

Sorry. I'm so excited.

Rusty Grey Hey guys . So I think I'm gonna start reading this sometime later in the day . But I need to know who is who as I'm gonna tag y'all in my review . I think Fuzaila is Frodo . What about you guys ?!

message 32: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Rusty wrote: "Hey guys . So I think I'm gonna start reading this sometime later in the day . But I need to know who is who as I'm gonna tag y'all in my review . I think Fuzaila is Frodo . What about you guys ?!"

Why dont you just put in what you think everyone is? ;)

message 33: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila yass I've started and the prologue was a bit of a tough nut to crack but I'm past that now and well, it's interesting 😁

Rusty Grey I'm going to start this now . Wish me luck .

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) I havent and probably wont be able to today :/

Fares Guys something came up, I won't be able to do this, I'm so sorry :(
My internet is so slow today it took nearly an hour to post this :| I feel a long slump coming in, I don't know how much I'll be around and how much time I'll have for reading and so I think I'll just slow you down. I hope you have fun doing this and I'm so sorry.

Rusty Grey Aww. You don't have to be sorry Fares . I've been there . You need to do what has to be done first .

message 38: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila Oh Take your time Fares xD Meanwhile, I've completed my second chapter for the day. These chapters are sure long!
Also do you think we should stick to 2 chapters? I mean I wont be having the time to read much for a week :3

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) Fares wrote: "Guys something came up, I won't be able to do this, I'm so sorry :(
My internet is so slow today it took nearly an hour to post this :| I feel a long slump coming in, I don't know how much I'll be ..."

Take your time! No hurry! You can join in later if you want to!
Also I will miss your awesome updates :(

I am finally starting to read! I had quite the busy but awesome day and thats saying something!

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) When you guys said 3 chaps...did you read till three's a company? Thats like friggin 113 pages 😨

The rest of the chapters are rather small.
I will read tomorrow...will only read prologue for nowm

Jen - The Tolkien Gal Hey guys. Sorry that I'm late to the party. Something came up. I'm so sorry Fares! I'm going to keep your name on the BR. I know one day you'll get around to it. I agree with Fuzaila - 2 chapters a day might be much easier.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) Sounds perfect to me.

Jen - The Tolkien Gal How are you guys enjoying it so far?

message 44: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila I've only started the third chapter,, I've so much stuff going on there's barely time to read :3 I might have quit for you guys' benefit, but I'll try my best to keep going :3

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) I still havent been able to progress after the prologue :\
Wish me luck you guys!

message 46: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila okay wow Bhavik,, I'm faring better :D Lol, started the sixth chapter and I'm frankly enjoying it a lot more than I hoped xD

Also (view spoiler)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) I finally got hooked once the hobbit prologue started and now currently on chapter 1. Hoping to complete atleast till 2!
Also damn 6th chapter ?
You're prpbably the only one uptodate XD
Glad that you're enjoying :')

(view spoiler)

message 48: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila ikr that prologue was thick. i might have skim-read it :3 :P
yeah it gets better and shorter there on.
ahaha yeah. idk how i manage with 1-2 hours of reading time these days. i might fall behind later on tho xD
catch up soon ;)

(view spoiler)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) Thick? More like an entire book XD
Wow..I dont think I have the talent to skim read.....maybe thats why I get slumps.
I know...the first three chapters take 113 pages xD rest are small. So saying chap 1 and 2 itself is a task.
Lets see if you actually do..bc I know you will be done by the time I reach half xD
Will try ;)

(view spoiler)

Rusty Grey I completed Chapter 1 rn . And yes . The prologue was thiickk .

« previous 1 3 4