Horror Aficionados discussion

Book Recommendations > For the reader who isn't afraid of anything

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cmmcgee_writer92) | 20 comments What horror books would your recommend for someone who really isn't afraid anything or easily disturbed by anything?

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 856 comments Creep by Jennifer hillier and freak by the same

message 3: by Lena (new)

message 4: by William (new)

William Miller | 21 comments "The Girl Next Door," by Jack Ketchum.

message 5: by Anne (w/ an E) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 803 comments William wrote: ""The Girl Next Door," by Jack Ketchum."

Great book. I gave that five stars (AND I am not afraid of anything :).

message 6: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cmmcgee_writer92) | 20 comments Ordered a copy of Cows today and Hillier's books are now on hold at the library. Will see if I can get my hands on a copy of Girl Next door :).

message 7: by Anne (w/ an E) (last edited Jun 28, 2018 06:11PM) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 803 comments Several of Jack Ketchum's books are considered disturbing. Off Season is one. There are lists on this site under "Listopia" and there is a "Most disturbing books" list.

message 8: by Kelly B (new)

Kelly B (kellybey) | 608 comments Let's Go Play At The Adams' by Mendal W. Johnson

I'm glad I read it, but I don't think I'll ever read it again. There's one part towards the end that I still remember vividly.

It's not really disturbing, but more disgusting:

The Tick People by Carlton Mellick III

message 9: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (cmmcgee_writer92) | 20 comments Anne (w/ an E) wrote: "Several of Jack Ketchum's books are considered disturbing. Off Season is one. There are lists on this site under "Listopia" and there is a "Most disturbing books" list."

Turns out that Off Season is the only one of Ketchum's books that's available in our local library system. But I put that on hold and it should be here in another day or two.

message 10: by Anne (w/ an E) (new)

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 803 comments Caitlin wrote: "Anne (w/ an E) wrote: "Several of Jack Ketchum's books are considered disturbing. Off Season is one. There are lists on this site under "Listopia" and there is a "Most disturbing book..."

His books may be harder to find since he passed away not too long ago.

message 11: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3780 comments Here are some for you:

Chasing Ghosts by Glenn Rolfe by Glenn Rolfe

The Demonic by Lee Mountford by Lee Mountford

The Girl from the Blood Coven by Brian Moreland by Brian Moreland and The Witching House by Brian Moreland by Brian Moreland (these go together as The Girl from the Blood Coven is the back drop for the second one)

The Mourning House by Ronald Malfi by Ronald Malfi

Salvage a Ghost Story by Duncan Ralston by Duncan Ralston

These are just a few that I really liked! :)

message 12: by Joey (last edited Jul 03, 2018 12:11AM) (new)

Joey B. | 12 comments Haunted, by Chuck Palahniuk has something to get under get under anybody's skin. One of only a few books that has actually given me a visceral response.

message 13: by Joey (new)

Joey B. | 12 comments Lena wrote: "Cows by Matthew Stokoe"

"Cows" is one of the darkest and probably one of the most disgusting books I have ever read...and I simply could not put it down.