Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > July 2018 ~ ATF Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (last edited Jul 02, 2018 12:28PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
A new challenge for 2018 is the ATF Challenge. For me...some of the books that are my all-time favorites that I may recommend, may not necessarily have gotten 5 stars...but nonetheless are still on my favorite books of all time list, so here we are ~ working on seven months in now!

And I think now that we've figured it out, the rules of this challenge are pretty simple.

1) Between now and the 30th of June, members express their interest in participating in the ATF challenge for July.
2) Sometime on July 1st, it will be randomized by one of our illustrious randomizers to see who the lucky 7th woman of honor will be.
3) She will post the link to her All Time Favorite Books list (which could be her 5 stars list... or it could be something new that she makes up specifically for this challenge, however, it should include at least 10 books; in fact, the more books the better). I will also link the Honoree's list here in this first post.
4) Then this is where it gets fun... the Honoree could deign to 'help' pick a book for each of us that are participating to read from that list that we haven't read, if we have it or can easily get our hands on it. Or...she could just let us run amok and pick from all of her favorite choices.

For example: here is the link to Grey's All Time Favorites List

And last, but certainly not least...
5) The next super fun part of this challenge is that everyone else gets to throw a suggestion into the pot for the honoree, one of their 5 star suggestions, which will then be tossed into the randomizer again (or the honoree can just choose one, whichever floats her boat!) But this way, the honoree also has an All Time Favorite to read this month.

Clear as mud? Please ask if you have any questions, as we continue to iron out the details!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The honoree for July 2018 is ... Paula! Paula's ATF list

The book that was chosen from all of our suggestions and plucked from the magical randomizer for her to read is...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From Paula's All Time Favorite's List:

Tessa picked Just an Illusion - Side A (The Illusion, #1) by D. Kelly and rated it

Grey picked Sempre (Sempre, #1) by J.M. Darhower and rated it

Jan picked Ghosted by J.M. Darhower and rated it

Michele picked Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn and rated it

Leslie picked More Than This (More Than, #1) by Jay McLean and rated it

Stephanie picked Just an Illusion - Side A (The Illusion, #1) by D. Kelly and rated it

Jean picked Driven (Driven, #1) by K. Bromberg and rated it

Ela picked Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1) by Layla Frost and rated it

Renee picked

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
The choices that will be placed into the randomizer...

Deep by Susan Fanetti
Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas
After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reed
Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Full Tilt by Emma Scott
Ryan's Bed by Tijan
Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins
Arouse by Nina Lane

message 2: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in. :)

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am in.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Count me in

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I'm in!

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments I’m in!

message 7: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in!

message 8: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Yo!

message 9: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Yo yo!

message 10: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Yo yo yo.

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna B (donnajo11) 🎉🎉🎉

message 12: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Donna wrote: "🎉🎉🎉"

Does this mean you're gonna play with us this month???

message 13: by Steph (new)

Steph | 109 comments I'll try this one for the first time :) and yo yo yo yo.

message 14: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Ha ha. I was waiting for someone to do the 4 yos. :)

message 15: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm ready.....

message 16: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Ok, queuing up the randomizing again...

message 17: by Grey (last edited Jul 01, 2018 04:48PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Drumroll please..... and the Honoree for July is... Paula!!!!

The link for her is Paula's All Time Favorite's List! Happy Picking!

message 18: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Alright then, I've had this for who knows how long, Just an Illusion - Side A (The Illusion, #1) by D. Kelly for me. Also... yeah! Musician!

message 19: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Oooh Tessa - enjoy! The series is great!

message 20: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Perfect for Paula's birthday today!

message 21: by Tessa (last edited Jul 01, 2018 12:16PM) (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments You have me at Musician. Though, who here has seen that exact cover a bazillion times? :) I have a feeling this is one of the original with that cover.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

message 22: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments That’s what I thought Nay 😀

Thanks Tessa

message 23: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
It's your birthday today, Paula!! Happy birthday!!🎂🎉🎈🎉🎈🎂 Today is also my wedding anniversary!!

message 24: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments Happy anniversary Grey 🎉🎉🎉❤️💕

message 25: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
From Paula's list, I am going to read Sempre (Sempre, #1) by J.M. Darhower

message 26: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) OOh congrats Paula and Grey. Have a great day, ladies. I'm gonna go out in the cold and hang out my washing then I'll come back into the warm and peruse your list, Paula. Fun!!

message 27: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) The link to Paula's list (in message #17) doesn't work for me so I just went to your favs shelf Paula. We have got quite a few in common that I loved too. For my July ATF read I've picked Ghosted Ghosted by J.M. Darhower
I tried it a while ago but didn't get very far so i want to try it again cos there's so much love out there for it.

And for YOU for your random pick I suggest Deep Deep (Pagano Family, #4) by Susan Fanetti

message 28: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Fixed it, thanks Jan!

message 29: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I am throwing Punk 57 in for Paula, because she hasn't read it yet... Tessa... can you believe that???

message 30: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments It’s gonna be Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn for me!

I’m throwing in After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid for Paula!

message 31: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Grey wrote: "From Paula's list, I am going to read Sempre (Sempre, #1) by J.M. Darhower"

OMG, I wish I could read that for the first time again.

Grey wrote: "I am throwing Punk 57 in for Paula, because she hasn't read it yet... Tessa... can you believe that???"

lol Yes. :P

message 32: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Okay, now the real travesty is she hasn't read Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins That's the suggestion from me. Can you imagine reading THAT for the first time again? GAH!

message 33: by Leslie (last edited Jul 01, 2018 06:51PM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I pick More Than This More Than This (More Than, #1) by Jay McLean for me and...

my suggestion for Paula to read is: The Hunger Games The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 34: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Tessa wrote: "Okay, now the real travesty is she hasn't read Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins That's the suggestion from me. Can you imagine reading THAT for the first time again? GAH!"

Ohhh yes!! Love that one!!

message 35: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Leslie wrote: "I pick More Than This More Than This (More Than, #1) by Jay McLean for me and...

my suggestion for Paula to read is: The Hunger Games The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins"

*blink, blink* Paula hasn't read Hunger Games... *looks around*

message 36: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Grey, I know!!! Crazy talk huh???

Happy Anniversary!! 💘💖💗

message 37: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) *blink, blink* Paula hasn't read Hunger Games... *looks around*

message 38: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Grey wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I pick More Than This More Than This (More Than, #1) by Jay McLean for me and...

my suggestion for Paula to read is: The Hunger Games The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins"

*blink, blink* Pa..."

Neither have I...

Though, in my defense, the movie really made me not want to read it. That little boy with the red curls lying dead just killed me. No idea why, but he looked so sweet and innocent, yet he was dead. :(

message 39: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Holy cow!!! That's madness to me! I really, really try to read the books before the watching the movie, for that very reason, Tessa... because I know that something like that will happen. I actually really liked the books... really like the movies too... shocking, I know.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes... we're pretty laidback today, it was a billion degrees outside and we decided nope on going outside, LOL! I know... craziness, but... meh. The heat index at one point today was something ridiculous like 107 or something... nope. No, thank you... I'll stay in my nice air conditioned, climate-controlled house, thank you very much, LOL!

message 40: by Steph (last edited Jul 01, 2018 07:52PM) (new)

Steph | 109 comments I'm going to read Just an Illusion - Side A (The Illusion, #1) by D. Kelly
from Paulas all time fav list. How to I know what to suggest for her to read?

message 41: by Steph (new)

Steph | 109 comments Stephanie wrote: "I'm going to read Just an Illusion - Side A (The Illusion, #1) by D. Kelly
from Paulas all time fav list. How to I know what to suggest for her to read?"

If it's off her TBR then I pick Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1) by Emma Scott

message 42: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "I'm going to read Just an Illusion - Side A (The Illusion, #1) by D. Kelly

What I usually do... is look at my All-Time Favorites list (and sometimes my 4's, 4.5 and 5 star lists too)... and then see which ones Paula *or the chosen one for that month* hasn't read, but still owns... (Paula is pretty awesome and has them on her list that she has them... most of us here... if they're on our TBR list it means we have them... or have access to them somehow...can borrow from a friend or the library or something) so then just narrow it down that way!

message 43: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I'm going to read Just an Illusion - Side A (The Illusion, #1) by D. Kelly

If it's off her TBR then I pick [b..."

Yep, that's totally cool, you can do it that way too!!!

message 44: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Happy anniversary Grey! And hope you had a great birthday Paula! It's great that we are picking from her list!

I pick something I've had for a long, long time:
Driven (Driven, #1) by K. Bromberg

The were so many I wanted to pick for Paula, but I'm going with:

Ryan's Bed by Tijan

And knowing Paula, our little speed reader, she'll read all the books we pick for her!

message 45: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Grey wrote: "Holy cow!!! That's madness to me! I really, really try to read the books before the watching the movie, for that very reason, Tessa... because I know that something like that will happen. I actuall..."

That's why I haven't read Game of Thrones yet. I'm stuck on a sad part that I know is going to happen.

message 46: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments I'll do Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1) by Layla Frost Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1) by Layla Frost

message 47: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments For Paula I choose Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1) Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1) by Amelia Hutchins

message 48: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Ela wrote: "For Paula I choose Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1) Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1) by Amelia Hutchins"

Oooooh. :) Can you believe she hasn't read any of these books?

message 49: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Tessa wrote: "Ela wrote: "For Paula I choose Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1) Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1) by Amelia Hutchins"

Oooooh. :) Can you believe she hasn't read any of these books?"

Whoa...wait... what???

I may have to change my pick for myself... I don't think I have Sempre... I thought I did, but it's not coming up on my kindle. I have my old old nook account to look at, but then I might be SOL unless I hit up the library, which, that is an option actually... hmmm...

message 50: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments My suggestion for Paula is Arouse (Spiral of Bliss, #1) by Nina Lane Arouse by Nina Lane.

I'll pick my book to read a bit later.

« previous 1 3