A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) A Court of Thorns and Roses discussion

Help me find more like this series

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellie (new)

Kellie McIntyre Help! I’m not sure if this is the right place for this but I am trying to find more books like this series. Problem is I found the wonderful Sarah J Maas in the young adult section but she is so much more then that! She has intertwined romance, maturity, adventure, drama and sex into her books and I need to find more authors and books that have ALL of those components (yes especially the last) but with out being smut. I Do not want all the 16 or 17 year old lovey dovey fluffy pink wording that portrays the heroine as being too nervous to even kiss her crush. Please help

Lorin Petrazilka Same! I'm hoping to find more like it as well!

message 3: by Kellie (new)

Kellie McIntyre Lorin wrote: "Same! I'm hoping to find more like it as well!"

What other series/books have you read that are some what along these lines? Maybe we can help each other since you are the only one to respond haha

Lorin Petrazilka Kellie wrote: "Lorin wrote: "Same! I'm hoping to find more like it as well!"

What other series/books have you read that are some what along these lines? Maybe we can help each other since you are the only one to..."

Sword of Truth series! I forget which book it feels like it really drops off and just becomes tiresome...Book 10 maybe?
I haven't read but I've heard An Ember in the Ashes is really good, I'm hoping it will be! I'm still on the hunt so I'll comment back here when I find more!

What other series/books have you read that are some what along these lines? Maybe we can help each other since you are the only one to..."

Charvi I'm sure you've already heard of the Throne Of Glass series, which is also by Maas, but I didn't see it mentioned here so I'll recommend it anyways. It's a pretty amazing series with super dynamic characters and has a lot of elements that are very similar to the ACOTAR series. If you haven't read it already, I think you'll really enjoy it. :)

message 6: by Kellie (new)

Kellie McIntyre I have toyed with the idea of reading that series but i just can not seem to pull the trigger on it and I'm not truly certain why. I'm not sure if I'm leary about the possibility of the series being too similar to ACOTAR or if im worried the characters will be too reminiscent of each other, sigh.....i just don't know

Sarah.H.L No such a thing.

Sarah.H.L TOG is also unbeatable. But beyond that its just a void of dark dissapointment. Once Maas has your soul she keeps it.

message 9: by Kellie (new)

Kellie McIntyre Ugh, girl you put into words the fear i was trying to supress. I will never regret handing over my soul on those gorgeous black wings though, siiiiigh.

Anneke You could try the greywolves series

message 11: by Kellie (new)

Kellie McIntyre Ill look into it. Thank you

message 12: by Crystal (last edited Sep 24, 2018 06:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Crystal I can’t think of any fantastic YA series that have great sex scenes like Maas, but there a few series that I would say are on par with her in other areas. I’d recommend The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (as well as the prequel series The Infernal Devices and the sequel series The Dark Artifacts). I think Clare’s sex scenes are better than most YA. I’d also recommend The Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard and Mistborn By Brandon Sanderson.

If you are willing to go a little more mature than YA, and want to read an Adult series, I would recommend Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Fantastic sex scenes as well as romance, adventure, and drama.

And you should definitely read Throne of Glass, by far the best series, better than ACOTAR. And I love ACOTAR.

message 13: by Kellie (new)

Kellie McIntyre Crystal i can not thank you enough for these suggestions. I am absolutely not strictly YA. ACOTAR took me by surprise with its level of maturity and adult situations and i was shocked to find it in the YA section. I do prefer adult honestly but ever since finding ACOTAR i can not count out YA. With that being said i have been dooped with immature book toating to be mature and i find myself struggling to finish. I thank you sooo much for taking the time to comment with some hopeful suggestions!

Crystal Kellie wrote: "Crystal i can not thank you enough for these suggestions. I am absolutely not strictly YA. ACOTAR took me by surprise with its level of maturity and adult situations and i was shocked to find it in..."

You're very welcome! I hope you love some of the series I recommended as much as I do :)