Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading June 25?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2121 comments Mod
This week I'm starting with Dumped by Lucy Hawkins, Galaxies and Oceans by N.R. Walker, and Corrupt by Chase Potter.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm currently reading and enjoying Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah MacLean.

Up next I'm reading an ARC of Without Regret by Aubrey Bondurant, then an ARC of The Accidentals, Sarina Bowen's first YA and on Thursday, Inconvenient Wife: A Romantic Comedy by Natasha Boyd releases and I'm looking forward to it.

message 3: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Someone at work said I must try Sylvia Day so I’m about to download that book .... I hope it’s not as bad as 50 Shades. I am counting down to the Aussie book Do not reply by MR Fields (I think it’s Fields!) I’ve pre-ordered!

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1044 comments I just finished No Other Duke Will Do and am now glomming the sequel A Rogue of Her Own which is heroine's sister & hero's neighbor from No Other Duke.

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Someone at work said I must try Sylvia Day so I’m about to download that book .... I hope it’s not as bad as 50 Shades. I am counting down to the Aussie book Do not reply by MR Fields (I think it’s..."

It's different from Fifty Shades...but kind of the same too. He wants, he gets, she wants, she gives. I enjoyed it when I read it but I wonder if I would give it the same rating if I read it again... 🤔

I really enjoyed Do Not Respond and I hope you do too. 😀

message 6: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Just finished up The Family Gathering by Robyn Carr. It was good typical Robyn Carr fare.

Now I'm re-reading ANGEL'S REST by Emily March seeing if I can get back into her Eternity Springs series. I am desperate for a small time series that will grab my attention. I dropped this one for some reason and I can't remember why!

message 7: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 398 comments The heroine is stronger and more mature and while the hero is alpha and a bit of a jerk, Ms. Day does develop his character (she's a far better writer too). It's highly erotic, with descriptive sex scenes. I enjoyed it but feel she stretched it out over too many books and there was such a lag for the last book that I simply lost interest.

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Someone at work said I must try Sylvia Day so I’m about to download that book .... I hope it’s not as bad as 50 Shades. I am counting down to the Aussie book Do not reply by MR Fi..."

message 8: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Chocolatesoup wrote: "The heroine is stronger and more mature and while the hero is alpha and a bit of a jerk, Ms. Day does develop his character (she's a far better writer too). It's highly erotic, with descriptive sex..."

Reading your description is perfect, Chocolatesoup. It's been ages since I read this series and I can't really remember it. I don't think I ever bought the later instalments.

message 9: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Chocolatesoup wrote: "The heroine is stronger and more mature and while the hero is alpha and a bit of a jerk, Ms. Day does develop his character (she's a far better writer too). It's highly erotic..."

I'm just buying time waiting for Do Not Respond lol
I'm in a reading slump i think!

message 10: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Chocolatesoup wrote: "The heroine is stronger and more mature and while the hero is alpha and a bit of a jerk, Ms. Day does develop his character (she's a far better writer ..."

Oh geez...no pressure. ;-)

message 11: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments You’ve never led me astray :) plus I’ve read the first bit on her website! So I already know I like her style. X

message 12: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "You’ve never led me astray :) plus I’ve read the first bit on her website! So I already know I like her style. X"

My fingers and toes are crossed. 🤞

message 13: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Chocolatesoup wrote: "The heroine is stronger and more mature and while the hero is alpha and a bit of a jerk, Ms. Day does develop his character (she's a far better writer too). It's highly erotic, with descriptive sex..."

I also agree with Chocolatesoup's description. I read a few of the books but can't really remember them and I stopped because I lost interest. I feel like she told the same story over and over again and it was nothing new.

message 14: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Irisheyes wrote: "Chocolatesoup wrote: "The heroine is stronger and more mature and while the hero is alpha and a bit of a jerk, Ms. Day does develop his character (she's a far better writer too). It's highly erotic..."

Im about 49% into book 1 and I am like ok...where is the big twist because all we do is sex and then leave then make up then sex....its a giant never ending circle! hahaha

message 15: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Chocolatesoup wrote: "The heroine is stronger and more mature and while the hero is alpha and a bit of a jerk, Ms. Day does develop his character (she's a far better writer too). ..."

...and the problem would be...?

Kidding!! It's been such a long time since I read this one but I'm pretty sure they slow down eventually and start to have a relationship that involves talking and stuff. ;-)

message 16: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Irisheyes wrote: "Chocolatesoup wrote: "The heroine is stronger and more mature and while the hero is alpha and a bit of a jerk, Ms. Day does develop his character (she's a far be..."

haha don't get me wrong! I am all about the sexy times lately but I need something in between lol

Has anyone read the new Courtney Milan book? After the wedding?

message 17: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments No, I haven't read a Courtney Milan in a little while but I will definitely check it out.

Manda's book released this week. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Just received my ARC of The Duke with the Dragon Tattoo by Kerrigan Byrne and I can't wait to start it. She's gritty but I love this series. :-)

message 18: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
Thank you, Stacey! I had a lovely review from Janga at The Romance Dish yesterday too.

message 19: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Oooh congrats Manda!!!

message 20: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
Leigh-Ayn wrote: "Oooh congrats Manda!!!"

Thanks, Leigh-Ayn!

message 21: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Ladies!!! Does anyone remember reading a book where the heroine writes books and starts following or befriending a rake to use him as a hero in her novel?? Sorry for being so vague! But I can’t remember more than that. I also am not sure if I just made it up!!!

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments Is that one of the Bridgertons books by EJ?

message 23: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2102 comments Mod
I read After the Wedding. I liked it a lot although the hero annoyed me because he gave his uncle too many chances. It was totally believable, just annoying.

I just read Resurrection by Karina Bliss and I LOVED it. And I’m not a big rockstar fan. Now I’m going to read a few real oldies by Joan Smith.

message 24: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments Thanks Deb! Will give it a go!