Start by marking “Do Not Respond” as Want to Read:
Do Not Respond

Do Not Respond

"Stick to the rules and you won’t have a problem working for this arrogant, sanctimonious cad."

The Rules of DNR: How to Survive Working for Cole Lawson
Do Not Emails are meant to be sent to yourself only—never to be re-read or responded to.
Vent about your mean boss and don’t focus on the scruff on his chin. Ignore the butterflies that flutter as he stares back at you an
Published June 29th 2018 by M R Field books (first published June 24th 2018)

Start your review of Do Not Respond
Stacey is Sassy
***IT'S ALIVE!!!***

Where do these "Hot Bosses" hide?

4.5 Stars

I like reading about office romance’s because I pretty much put them in the “Fairy Tale” category. This is because I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever… had a boss I could fall in love with. Even thinking that puts a distinct shiver up my spine. If they’re not married, they’re significantly older than me. A lot of my bosses have been female and I do not bend that way. So, for me, falling for a boss, who’s hot, has plenty of money,
Syndi
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is actually very very entertaining read. Office romance combine with second chance romance. The humor in the banter is very funny.

I like Letti. She is fiesty and have some back bone. Cole is that typical alpha male with sensitive heart. I love their combination.

The author done a great job builidng the romance through playful banter. Even the story is long, I still enjoy it very much.

4 stars
Anna
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Second chance-friends to lovers.
Predictable.
I don't know why heroine was struggling and working for him. He humiliated her every day...
While both dated they saw each other with different people they had feelings for each other.. why no act on yours feelings??? Aussie English.
Joyce
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I got to read Do Not Respond by M.R. Field a bit early and boy I Loved it!! You will definitely want to grab this one! With a gruff and grumpy boss and a heroine who is a bit snarky, this story made me smile like crazy.

Letty and Cole were childhood best friends... but now Letty is working as Cole’s assistant and whatever has happened in between has strained their relationship to the MAX!
Cole has taken keeping his distance to a new level and finds a way to make Letty’s everyday a bit of a night
Nicole P
My one-click addiction is a problem. How so? Well, I one-clicked this book because the blurb sounded right up my alley. But what a let down. Way too long. On and on and on it went. I thought it would be one of those hot office romances. Was more of a second chance romance, where the characters had a whole lot of history and somehow found themselves in this love/hate working relationship.

Female MC works for her childhood best friend, who treats her like crap. Male MC is a hardarse boss who can't
Heather andrews
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being inside Cole's mind is like Christmas for me, you never know what you're going to get out of him, “you’re asking me out on a date?” Her eyes brighten as her thumb rubs my fingers. Eff she’s cute." Letty often times gets distracted, "I continue to watch him towel himself dry. He doesn’t leave anything to the imagination. My dreams are going to be amazing now. “If you keep looking at my Mini Marsupial, I’ll sort you out right now.” I loved this book, I fell in love with Cole and all the sassi ...more
Sassy Southern
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars isn't even enough to describe how awesome this book was.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it and I knew that I had to read this book the second I read the synopsis but that definitely did not prepare me completely for what this book was all about.

My favorite part was that the book is written from both Letty and Cole's points of view so I get to see the story from both of their perspectives. The emotions that I experienced while reading had me feeling all the feels. I was heartbroken, angry, happy a
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma

A hot office read that contains a sexy boss that is a jerk to his employee is definitely my type of read. M.R. Field definitely delivered with this story with the smoking hot chemistry between the characters, romantic comedy and a storyline that made it difficult to put my kindle down. M.R. Field has the ability to write a story that creates a movie within your head of what you are reading creating an even more enjoyable experience reading their work.

Letty is a feisty female character that ha
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Office romances… I love them, two adults sneaking around the office, trying to hide what they’re doing. Maybe the fact I met my hubby at the office also plays a role (sorry for the personal information). Do Not Respond is the story of Letty and Cole, who don’t get along very well despite their long history. Mixing that with day-to-day business makes it even worse. I just love this story.
“To think we ran naked through the waves together when we were kids. I shudder to think of the times I wrot
Celine
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m a sucker for an office romance/CEO book, but I’ve always said that Second Chance Romance is my favourite, so imagine my delight when I discovered this little beauty contained both... And it didn’t disappoint!

A story of love to hate to love, infused with humour and some steamy moments all wrapped up in a way of writing that is uniquely MR Field. I was wrapped up in this story from the start.

Friends since childhood and separated by events out of their control and misunderstandings, Letty and
Zafi  Reads
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
First time reading this author and i'm surprised by how much i enjoyed this story.This is a sweet second chance office romance that sucked me in.Cole and Letty were childhood friends who no longer get along well because of past tragic circumstances that separated them.And it doesn't certainly make things better either for them when Letty starts to work for Cole.Yet,between stolen glances and the growing attraction between them,they soon realise it's nearly impossible to resist the inevitable,the ...more
Candice
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so much more than I expected.
I got the fun sarcastic humor that I was hoping for but also such a fantastic second chance love story with a lot of heart and heartbreak at times.
Letty was so witty and fun, especially when complaining about Cole in her DNR emails. LOL
And Cole, once you get to know him, is so sweet and hot hot hot too!
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

3.5 Stars

Office romance can be fun...but, I have to believe the attraction between them is enough that the subordinate would be willing to risk her (or occasionally his) job to sleep with the boss. I need to think the office is one where they wouldn't get caught, and if they did, there would be enough between them to get over the part where they were caught.

In this case, I believed the attraction between Cole and Letty. They knew each other when they were younger,
Kari Hansen
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
When they were younger Letty and Cole were bests friends however Letty’s feelings ran much deeper. They would never know what could have been as tragedy changed them and their relationship beyond repair. Now Letty finds herself working as his assistant and the only way she knows to deal with his gruff, rude personality is by sending emails to herself so that she can vent. The only rule is that no one else can see them.

Cole is willing to keep Letty in his life anyway he can. He believes that she
Thuy Taylor
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a new MR Field reader. This was quite entertaining. We meet Letty and Cole who are old childhood friends turned enemies turned boss and assistant at work. From the blurb it sounds like a romantic comedy but its definitely more than that. Sometimes, I love a good A-hole hero, there is always why he is mistreating the heroine the way he does. Letty is so funny fulfilling his requests. The mutterings, the emails to herself are so stinkin funnnnayyy.....There are secrets, lust, the DNR emails a ...more
Melissa White
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book! 🤩 It was so refreshing to read an Australian romance novel and I just loved it so much ❤️ It had me laughing out loud several times and I swooned hard core over Cole 😍
If you are a fan of The Hating Game or Vi Keeland then I highly, highly recommend that you check this book out! Have I mentioned how much I love this book 😉
Lisa
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Monisha
At least there was good groveling on the hero’s side. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Gayle
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being my first ever read by this author I was really excited to start. As a reader there is nothing better than going in blind without any expectations whatsoever. Yep it was excitement overload.
Now as I sit here, I'm actually struggling to find the right words. And why?
Because Do Not Respond was brilliant and I desperately want my review to do this novel justice.

We meet Letty and Cole.
Childhood friends, the best of friends.
As kids they were inseparable.
As they grew so did their emotions.
But the
Lisa Staples
Can't decide what to read next? Thinking maybe a RomCom, maybe a Second Chance Romance, Enemies to Lovers or a steamy Office Romance??
Well look no further than this sweet, sexy, laugh-out-loud witty, up-against-the-photocopier love fest that even throws in a "Third" chance at love by MR Fields.
Do Not Respond is the Whole Package!!

I loved this story of aspiring artist Letty, who is stuck working for an arsehole boss who just also happens to be her childhood crush, whose soul purpose it seems is
Tricia Ann
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chances, 2018
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do Not Respond will fill you with so much sweetness! Letty works for an arsehole. He may have been her best friend and crush long ago, but now he's a jerk. Cole has fought his way through grief, shame, and guilt. He's finally realizing what he has in front of him. Letty slowly let's Cole back in, and they are adorable.

Letty is great! She's strong, opinionated, and smart. She writes emails to herself about how much Cole pisses her off, never to see the light of day. It helps her remain
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Omg were has this amazing author been hiding. Seriously this book was everything O love about romance! I laughed, swooned,cried, yelled,and swooned again! And the sexy times omg! Letty has the worst boss he micro manages her puts her down and is just constantly a jerk Don t even get me started on the pen! But Cole and Letty have a past they were best friends when they were kids.She adored and secretly loved him and he felt the same but him being 18 and her 14 made it impossible for him to do any
Mette
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
When reading the blurb, this story reads like a rom com to me, and it is funny, not doubt! But this story is so much more.

Letty works as an assistent to her childhood friend. This is as far from her dream as she can get. Her boss is an arse. Demanding and condescending, a regular arse.
Cole knows he is mean and demanding beyond any kind of reason. He doesn't particular like being that way, but it's the only way to keep his childhood love close and experience her fire. According to him, he is far
Heather Navarre
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
M.R.Field is a new to me author. Having never read anything before I didn't know what to expect. I loved this book.

This story had all the feels, it was incredibly funny and unique.

Do Not Respond is the second chance love story of Letty and Cole who as children and teenagers were best friends and could have been more had an event not happened that changed everything.

Letty works for Cole and he is a jerk. In order to keep her sanity and not lash out at her boss she send emails to herself and the s
Lisa
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Friends to enemies to lovers. Cole is an idiot. He has been in love with Letty for a long time but didn't know how to deal with his feelings. He pushed her away and, when she comes to work for him, he treats her really badly. To cope with his bullish behaviour, she writes emails to herself cataloging his bad treatment of her.

Letty is one strong girl. How she put up with him is a mystery and many would have crumbled. But I loved how she was able to give it back to him at times. The sexual tension
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Here is a romance with plenty of laughs, smoking hot chemistry and a plot that just makes you go wild! The moment I read this synopsis I knew I wanted to read this book. It perked me up and had me instantly curious and when the moment came and this book hit my kindle, I was all over it like white on rice. It was amusing and crazy sexy and had the most amazing characters.

Do Not Respond was entertaining as could be. It was thoroughly fun and hysterical and steamy
Bookaholics
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
MR Field is a new to me author and I'm so happy that I gave this book a try. Cole and Letty's story is really fantastic. I loved the hot sexual tension between the characters and the author has beautifully scripted it, so much that you can actually visualise them and feel the chemistry. This story had alot of funny scenes, with some inner monologues which made me laugh so much. Letty is quite sassy and Cole is swoonworthy!

I truly enjoyed this one. Friends to lovers / enemies to lovers is one of
Ree
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cole Lawson has a problem. For over a decade, he's been in love with his childhood friend and former neighbour, Letty, but for that exact amount of time, he's been a monumental jerk to her, so she believes he hates her. After an email lands in his box that he clearly wasn't supposed to read, Cole realises that he still can redeem his idiocy, but only if the past he thought he could ignore would stay hidden forever...

This book made me laugh out loud and smile hard! The mix of characters was perfe
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bigshot Boss (Whittaker Brothers #1)
  • The Rule Breaker
  • Two Weeks Notice
  • Wicked Gentleman
  • The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl (Billionaires of Manhattan #2)
  • The Break-Up Bet
  • Private Pilot
  • Hate Notes
  • Boss I Love to Hate: An Office Romance
  • Don't Go
M R Field is an author from Australia and has completed a Bachelor's degree with Honours from Melbourne. After growing up with the river at her front door, she returned back to her hometown after many years of living in the city. She now lives a tranquil lifestyle with her husband, two young children and effervescent dog.

M R Field has always held a love for writing, filling journals as a child whi