Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group discussion

Popular Authors > James Patterson

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Have to admit that I haven't read a lot of James Patterson books. My favorite book though is Four Blind Mice. Would like to hear your thoughts on Patterson's best work.

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Walker | 13 comments Ron me either. But I do have several of his books to read I just have not got around to them yet.

message 3: by Simon (new)

Simon | 8 comments I'm a huge fan of his and I love his Private and NYPD Red series !

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been getting recommendations from friends on those books. Will have to check them out.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't know that James Patterson has been writing science fiction novels.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I picked up NYPD Red today from the Library. Had a few recommendations so I'll see if it's good.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm kind of curious what people think of Zoo. Seems to be that more than half the reviews on Kindle are above the good reviews yet this may be on Netflix.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson

I did enjoy this book by James Patterson. My review is here. I gave it four stars though because I didn't think it was as good as some of the other writers in this area such as Barry Eisler, Vince Flynn, and Brad Thor. The bad guys were shallow and entertaining and I did have a lot of laughs because of it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm a big fan of Patterson. I read all of his series, except for some of the young adult, though I did like the Maximum Ride series. My favorite of his series are the Alex Cross and NYPD Red series. I enjoy his stand-alones, also.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I have NYPD Red now from the library. Will be reading it soon. I've heard good things about this one. I still like Four Blind Mice the best from Alex Cross but will read others.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought NYPD Red was really but good I liked the second one even better than the first. Four Blind Mice was another good one.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kathryn wrote: "I thought NYPD Red was really but good I liked the second one even better than the first. Four Blind Mice was another good one."

Looking forward to reading NYPD Red

message 13: by James (new)

James (birchoverjames) | 36 comments I like the WMC books, but felt cheated with the latest one, the ending was so contived. Loved Zoo and the two NYPD Red books.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I have Zoo in my wish list, just waiting or a sale. Heard CBS is putting this into a tv show next summer.

message 15: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I've read a few of his books. Lots of people don't like his stuff. But I think they can be very enjoyable. Kind of a junk food for the brain for the thriller crowd.

message 16: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 2 comments I have always been a fan of James Patterson books. Mainly his Women's Murder Club but also his NYPD Red series. I actually have his Maximum Ride series and just feel in love with them. I wish they would have stuck with making the movie, but I'll watch the Zoo series. They did a good job with his Alex Cross movies with Morgan Freeman!!!

message 17: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (mrscousin26gmailcom) | 2 comments i love everything of james patterson....i have read all wmc,nypd reds,standalones and micheal bennett series...i am ordering all the alex cross series....if ever need to know when the new ones are coming out i will let you know ...already have burn on pre order and nypd red 3

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Samantha wrote: "i love everything of james patterson....i have read all wmc,nypd reds,standalones and micheal bennett series...i am ordering all the alex cross series....if ever need to know when the new ones are ..."

Sounds good to me.

Olivia "So many books--so little time."" | 41 comments I enjoy all of James Patterson's books except the young adult ones. He's one of my favorite authors. My favorite series by him has to be Women's Murder Club. The latest one of those I've read is the tenth--I'm taking them slow.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Laine (librarianscanreadtoo) wrote: "I have always been a fan of James Patterson books. Mainly his Women's Murder Club but also his NYPD Red series. I actually have his Maximum Ride series and just feel in love with them. I wish th..."

Laine, there will be another final Maximum Ride book out I believe in January.

message 21: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) | 2 comments Kathryn wrote: "Laine (librarianscanreadtoo) wrote: "I have always been a fan of James Patterson books. Mainly his Women's Murder Club but also his NYPD Red series. I actually have his Maximum Ride series and ju..."

Can't wait then!!!!!!!!!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Laine (librarianscanreadtoo) wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "Laine (librarianscanreadtoo) wrote: "I have always been a fan of James Patterson books. Mainly his Women's Murder Club but also his NYPD Red series. I actually have his Maximum Ri..."

This is it Maximum Ride Forever.

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (mrscousin26gmailcom) | 2 comments i started jp micheal bennett series on friday and i couldnt put them down i am already on the fourth book ....should be done with series by the end of week

message 24: by Marian (new)

Marian Another one here who likes the Private series and a lot of his older works.Today thou,I got his new book.. Invisible by James Patterson

and I got the hard back for 5 dollars,at my second hand book store:)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

My library has a whole shelf of Patterson books. I think all of them are there.

message 26: by Marian (new)

Marian Ron wrote: "My library has a whole shelf of Patterson books. I think all of them are there."

Ron,have you read any of the "Private" series? he has?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I have NYPD Red and getting through that. I'll look into it though if you say it's good.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Marian wrote: "Another one here who likes the Private series and a lot of his older works.Today thou,I got his new book..Invisible by James Patterson

and I got the hard back for 5 dollars,at my second hand bo..."

Love a bargain! I have Private Down Under here that I'm going to read next. I do enjoy the Private series, also.

message 29: by Gina (new)

Gina  | 13 comments I love his women's murder club series more than any of his other books. I have read a few other books by him, but I just love that series.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Have to get started on that series as well.

message 31: by Marian (new)

Marian Gina wrote: "I love his women's murder club series more than any of his other books. I have read a few other books by him, but I just love that series."

I really enjoyed the first book of that series:)

message 32: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 219 comments I've read all the Alex Cross series, Maximum Ride, and some others that don't come to mind right now. I also have some of the Private series in my library but haven't gotten to them yet.

message 33: by Marian (new)

Marian I havnt read all the "Private Series" but what I have read,there good!

message 34: by James (new)

James (birchoverjames) | 36 comments Private series very good. Awaiting a copy of Private India from Library. Am next on the list. Also waiting for Invisible.

message 35: by Marian (new)

Marian James wrote: "Private series very good. Awaiting a copy of Private India from Library. Am next on the list. Also waiting for Invisible."

I just got his book..Invisible James,and Im looking forward to reading it.I have not heard of Private India.Will have to look into that one as well..lol!Book,books and more books..:)

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

The last book I read was Private Down Under and I wouldn't recommend running right out and buying it. My least favorite out of all of them.

message 37: by Marian (new)

Marian Kathryn wrote: "The last book I read was Private Down Under and I wouldn't recommend running right out and buying it. My least favorite out of all of them."

This book is #6 right?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Marian wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "The last book I read was Private Down Under and I wouldn't recommend running right out and buying it. My least favorite out of all of them."

This book is #6 right?"

I think so. It was recently released in the US.

message 39: by Marian (new)

Marian Thank you Kathryn:)I personally love his Private series,and need to get me some more..lol!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Let's see how far I get this weekend in NYPD Red.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I will say that I like all these recommendations for James Patterson since all the books are available at my library. I don't have to pay for them. Hope James Patterson doesn't take the books away.

message 42: by Marian (new)

Marian Ron wrote: "Let's see how far I get this weekend in NYPD Red."

Its good Ron!..just saying:)))

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Marian wrote: "Thank you Kathryn:)I personally love his Private series,and need to get me some more..lol!"

I like the series, also, just not a big fan of this particular one.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Ron wrote: "Let's see how far I get this weekend in NYPD Red."

This is a good one, and I liked the second one even better.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to be honest and say that I'm 150 pages into NYPD Red and I'm thinking of reading Dark of the Moon by John Sanford. Not enjoying NYPD Red. I'm sure we'll agree on other books but not this one.

message 46: by Marian (new)

Marian You can never go wrong with a John Sandford book Ron..at the moment Im reading... Storm Front (Virgil Flowers, #7) by John Sandford

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with you on that Marian. I'll get started on Dark Of The Moon tonight and see how Virgil Flowers is.

message 48: by Marian (last edited Sep 25, 2014 03:41PM) (new)

Marian Virgil Flowers is also in this book as well Ron plus Lucas Davenport.Its a nice,fun,easy read..but that's all Im going to say..lol!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Fine with me. Looking forward to it.

message 50: by Marian (new)

Marian Ron,have you ever read any Brad Thor books?I have his Act of War (Scot Harvath, #13) by Brad Thor

« previous 1