Teen Critic discussion

All About You > What books did you recently purchase?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 308 comments We might have thread for this, but I can't find it. Tell us what books you have recently purchased!

The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon Rift (Nightshade Prequel, #1) by Andrea Cremer Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3) by Colleen Houck Belladonna (Ephemera, #2) by Anne Bishop Cold Magic (Spiritwalker, #1) by Kate Elliott The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2) by Maureen Johnson
I grabbed too many sequels :(

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hansrox) | 140 comments I buy too many books. The other day my cousin and I went to a used bookstore and I bought the host by Stephanie meyer, because of Winn Dixie by Kate dicamillo (I've watched an loved the movie so I had to buy this), a walk to remember by Nicholas sparks (again I watched the movie and loved it), and the carnivorous carnival by lemony snicket. And on top of that my cousin was helping me collect the series of unfortunate events so she had 8 of them plus I bought the first two books, online,of the raven cycle by Maggie stiefvater. So I went home that day with 14 books... (I think I have a problem) ;)

message 3: by Jannelle (last edited Aug 21, 2014 05:27PM) (new)

Jannelle (The-Book-Huntress) | 7 comments Earlier this month, I got:

The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer by Stephenie Meyer (the hardcover edition is only $6.28 in the bargain books section on Barnes and Noble's website!)

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman and Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman by Gayle Forman.

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare by Cassandra Clare.

Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth by Veronica Roth.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 308 comments CoHF!!!!!,

message 5: by Fari (new)

Fari  (nothingbetterthanbooks) Lucky you, Jannelle! I want to buy every single one of those books! (Haven't read the Host yet but people who hate Twilight still said that it's good... So, I'm excited!) Especially COHF and Four!

message 6: by Jannelle (new)

Jannelle (The-Book-Huntress) | 7 comments Well, then, Fari, it'd be in your best interest to get The Host from the bargain books section that I mentioned! I'm not completely sure if it's there all the time though .

message 7: by Lucie (new)

Lucie Green (luciejg) | 2 comments I bought Dorothy Must Die (it was the best book I've read in a while :D) CoHF and Let's Get Lost :D

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hansrox) | 140 comments Oh! I really want to read Dorothy must die!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

The Death Cure

message 10: by Lena (new)

Lena | 7 comments I bought Black Boy recently.

message 11: by Julia (new)

Julia Wang (liamalfoy) | 93 comments Vampire Academy series, and Rapture

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Let the Sky Fall

message 13: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olivialute) I bought Eleanor & Park yesterday. Very excited to read it!

message 14: by Kassidy (new)

Kassidy Bohling | 8 comments Earlier this month I bought An Abundance of Katherines and am so excited to read it!

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 308 comments Olivia wrote: "I bought Eleanor & Park yesterday. Very excited to read it!"

Love that book!

message 16: by Maria (new)

Maria Rios | 11 comments I bought City of Heavenly Fire :) I'm so happy

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 308 comments Maria wrote: "I bought City of Heavenly Fire :) I'm so happy"

Aaaaahhhhh!!!! AMAZING BOOK!!!!

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria Rios | 11 comments I know! i loved it! i could barely put it down, and all that happened, just made me want it to be a longer series. I can't wait for Lady midnight

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 308 comments Maria wrote: "I know! i loved it! i could barely put it down, and all that happened, just made me want it to be a longer series. I can't wait for Lady midnight"

Same!! So excited for TLH!!!

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria Rios | 11 comments Me too, I'm so glad we'll see more of will and tessa. I love Will and Jem!

message 21: by Siren (new)

Siren Game of thrones

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

The kill order

message 23: by Cassidie (new)

message 24: by Kareena (new)

Kareena (iluvchocolate) | 155 comments Hmmm what did I just buy. Cress and The Fall of Five I think was my most recent purchase. I've bought more books before that. I buy too many books lol

message 25: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Bain | 4 comments Well the most recent book I've read is a shade of Kiev ! anyone else a fan of a shade of vampire series ? also I'm currently reading Wake by Amanda Hocking seems ok so far and my favourite books are The dark heroine by Abigail Gibbs, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire and The Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris :)

message 26: by Jelly224 (new)

Jelly224 (lunagurl224) | 1 comments Danielle wrote: "Well the most recent book I've read is a shade of Kiev ! anyone else a fan of a shade of vampire series ? also I'm currently reading Wake by Amanda Hocking seems ok so far and my favourite books ar..."

YES!!!! Jamie McGuire is amazing and can't wait for her new book next year.

message 27: by Maryam (new)

Maryam (maryam11) | -1 comments hmm.. i usually get my books from the library so the last book i purchased was Four -Veronica Roth

message 28: by Riya (new)

Riya | 941 comments Mod
I just bought Angelfall and World After from Barnes and Noble because I NEED to own them :P

I also am going to buy The Young Elites when it comes out on Tuesday!

message 29: by Cynthia (last edited Oct 06, 2014 03:10AM) (new)

Cynthia Went to a used bookstore yesterday so I went a little crazy :)
I bought:
The Notebook (The Notebook, #1) by Nicholas Sparks The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen The Help by Kathryn Stockett The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold Life of Pi by Yann Martel Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

message 30: by Kareena (new)

Kareena (iluvchocolate) | 155 comments My library had a book sale. I bought these books:
- Dear John Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
- Stargirl Stargirl (Stargirl, #1) by Jerry Spinelli
- Love, Stargirl Love, Stargirl (Stargirl, #2) by Jerry Spinelli
- The Frog Princess The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1) by E.D. Baker

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hansrox) | 140 comments I feel like I haven't bought a book in sooooooooo long.... The last book I bought was........ Throne of glass by Sarah Maas (such an amazing book!) and my sister bought the iron trial by Cassandra Clare and holly black for me. But the next book I know I'll buy is BLOOD OF OLYMPUS!!! WOOT WOOT! So excited!!

message 32: by Chi (new)

Chi Ibezim (chiibezim) | 6 comments All the series of Fever by Karen Moning. Devoured everything, in the fourth series now

message 33: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Koko wrote: "My library had a book sale. I bought these books:
- Dear JohnDear John by Nicholas Sparks
- StargirlStargirl (Stargirl, #1) by Jerry Spinelli
- Love, Stargirl[bookcover:Love, ..."

I was going to buy Dear John too the other day but decided against it :P I hope you like it!

message 34: by Kareena (new)

Kareena (iluvchocolate) | 155 comments Cynthia wrote: "Koko wrote: "My library had a book sale. I bought these books:
- Dear JohnDear John by Nicholas Sparks
- StargirlStargirl (Stargirl, #1) by Jerry Spinelli
- Love, Stargirl[boo..."

Thanks! ;) haha hope I end up liking it too :p I've seen the movie and liked it, so time to give the book a try!

message 35: by Kareena (last edited Oct 06, 2014 04:27PM) (new)

Kareena (iluvchocolate) | 155 comments Cynthia wrote: "Went to a used bookstore yesterday so I went a little crazy :)
I bought:
The Notebook (The Notebook, #1) by Nicholas Sparks The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen [b..."

Loved The Help <3 Still gotta read The Lovely Bones!

message 36: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Koko wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "Went to a used bookstore yesterday so I went a little crazy :)
I bought:
The Notebook (The Notebook, #1) by Nicholas Sparks The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson [bookcover:Along for the ..."

I haven't heard very good things about The Lovely Bones but since it was only 99 cents I thought I might as well give it a shot xD

message 37: by Jannelle (last edited Oct 06, 2014 06:09PM) (new)

Jannelle (The-Book-Huntress) | 7 comments These are all books I received in the last week or two:

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan by Rick Riordan (I got it for free as an audiobook using credits while getting a free trial from Audible).

The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan by Rick Riordan (pre-ordered it as an audiobook - officially releases tomorrow!)

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner by James Dashner (borrowing from a friend so technically not a purchase).

The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young by Suzanne Young.

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand by Cynthia Hand.

message 38: by Kareena (new)

Kareena (iluvchocolate) | 155 comments @Cynthia Oh really? I've read the opposite. Heard nothing, but good things about it. Guess we'll both eventually find out. Lol, I do that too! 99 cents, why not just give it a shot ;p

message 39: by Jenni (new)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

the shatter me series

message 41: by Kareena (new)

Kareena (iluvchocolate) | 155 comments Divergent and Shatter Me

message 42: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) Saturday my library had a book sale. all books for $1.
The Lunatic's Curse (Tales From The Sinister City, #4) by F.E. Higgins The Rock of Ivanore (Celestine Chronicles, #1) by Laurisa White Reyes Suck It Up and Die (Suck It Up, #2) by Brian Meehl When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead My Name Is Mina by David Almond I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore Fat Vampire A Never Coming of Age Story by Adam Rex Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #3) by Heather Brewer Born to Rock by Gordon Korman For Today I Am a Boy by Kim Fu And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill Kin (The Good Neighbors, #1) by Holly Black Kith (The Good Neighbors, #2) by Holly Black Thunderbolts Like Lightning by Jeff Parker Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) by Eoin Colfer (Artemis Fowl is an ARC.)

message 43: by Ebony (new)

Ebony | 9 comments I just bought fangirl by rainbow Rowell. It's pretty good so far.

message 44: by Annette (new)

Annette mathews (annettesara) | 12 comments Last Month, I bought 5 books from a book fair

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Lisey's Story by Stephen King
The English Teacher by R.K. Narayan
Swami and Friends by R.K. Narayan
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance An Inquiry Into Values by Robert M. Pirsig

message 45: by Ashok (new)

Ashok Vishnoi (ashokvishnoi1994) | 3 comments The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

message 46: by Ebony (new)

Ebony | 9 comments I just bought Tenth Grade Bleeds. It's the third book in the Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series. I really like it so far. It isn't that long but it is engaging and a really fun read so far. I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow but judging how demanding school has been on my life I highly doubt it.

message 47: by Wesaun (new)

Wesaun | 12 comments More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera.

message 48: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasiareads) | 16 comments I just bought a beautiful edition of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz." It was so pretty and I told myself I didn't want to buy it, but at the same time I did. Next thing I know I find myself at the cashier paying $35 because I saw a pretty cube plant thingy.. Oh dear God help me.